I Have a Feeling This Phone Will Be Awesome

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I held out on buying the Note 7. To me it isn't anything more than a tweaked S7 Edge.

LG threw down the hammer on several LG executives and project engineers after the reception received regarding the LG G5. The expectations have been set and made clear - if you make a phone unattractive and unappealing to the consumer audience, then you shouldn't work at LG. Many former LG employees standing in the unemployment line will attest to that.

One can only assume the V20 will be a killer phone. The preservation of jobs being kept at LG hinge on that premise. As anxious as I am to retire my Droid Turbo which can't hold a charge for more than five hours, I feel compelled to hold out until the official announcement of the V20.

What is your prediction? Will LG have learned from the err of their ways and make the V20 a stellar phone, or will LG once again disappoint the consumers again? Personally, I don't feel the G5 was as terrible as the high level executives at LG thought, but nevertheless, LG disappointed themselves.

Posted via the Android Central App

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I didn't like the changes LG made going from the G4 to the G5 and I'm concerned they're going to make the same mistakes with the V20. I hope they prove me wrong but for now I'll stick with my S7 Edge since the Note 7 isn't that impressive either.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty skeptical on these specs. Given that the V20 needs to impress, I seriously doubt that it would have specs like these.

We'll see when the device is official. In the meantime, as we've learned before, try not to get your hopes too high or too low due to unofficial leaks. They tend to be inaccurate.

Just relax and wait for more official information. Right know, we only know the name and that it's running Android Nougat. Just relax. If LG learns from the G5, we should see a compelling handset. ;)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One major problem with this theory... The V20 would have been nearly finished and nearly impossible to change when the G5 released. No response from the G5 could have had much impact.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've actually changed my tune with the G5. Sure, it has some differences from the 4; but it has its good qualities and I rather like it now. It's good to kind of veer into different directions while still keeping some of the core values of precious iterations (ie, good display, decent screen size, unique design).

I am quite excited to see what LG will do next time 'round, especially with the V10's successor! Have my eye on it for sure!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
One major problem with this theory... The V20 would have been nearly finished and nearly impossible to change when the G5 released. No response from the G5 could have had much impact.
Good point. Though I'm hoping that it's an improved V10. We shall see.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This describes all notes (just FYI) ^_^.
I would say it depends... The Note 4 had 50% more ram, better processor , ois, QHD vs fHD over the s5.

The note 3 had significantly faster cpu, 50% more ram over the s4

The note 7 has same cpu, ram, resolution, camera as s7 edge.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Agreed... The wheels were already in motion. Some last minute changes possible, however nothing impacting form factor or other major change would be feasible.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My gut tells me that many people will be disappointed with it.

They spent a lot of money on their "friends" modules and need to recoup from that aspect, I will wager that they are coming to the v20 as well.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely excited to see what LG can do with the V20. The V10 was a great device and the camera was very good

I'm excited to see what happens when it releases. I was going to get the Note 7 and since it wasn't a big difference from the SD edge I had I decided to skip it this year. Now to wait for the V20 announcment.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

x2... When you are talking about hard tooling metals and plastics, PCBA fab design, battery design... most of that simply can't be re-done in the time span we are looking at. Or the best case is it could be done, but with limited ptoto-typing cycles. So DFM, DFA and quality enhancements would be limited, or fewer than optimal. Hopefully there will be enough time between this first announcement and the actual deployment for their designers to get most of the bugs worked out.

Add to it a new OS and you have the potential for a very unreliable device... if it is as rushed to market as I think it could be.

I think the only way for the V20 to be a success is if its original designs have all along been copies and enhancements to the V10... leveraging similar design principles and using existing parts wherever possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10