Who is already waiting to order one?

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
If that spec sheet is correct and they will be downsizing the screen as well as the resolution then I'll be passing on the V20. Would be really disappointed as well as I was hoping LG would offer something better than the Note 7. I'll wait for the official release from LG before deciding but right now I'll be getting the Note 7.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had the G2, G3, G4, and V10 but as of now, I've decided to move to the Note 7. I am excited to see what the true V20 specs end up being and I may come back to it if it's good enough.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had the G2, G3, G4, and V10 but as of now, I've decided to move to the Note 7. I am excited to see what the true V20 specs end up being and I may come back to it if it's good enough.
You had some great pics with the V10 too. Hope to have you back in the LG fold.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If that spec sheet is correct and they will be downsizing the screen as well as the resolution then I'll be passing on the V20. Would be really disappointed as well as I was hoping LG would offer something better than the Note 7. I'll wait for the official release from LG before deciding but right now I'll be getting the Note 7.
I don't think LG will actually do that as all of their flagships have had QHD screens since the G4. However if we could get 8-9 hours of actual screen on time even with extensive camera use I would be all over it. But lowering the screen resolution or going backwards speaks more of something Sony would do than LG. The V20 is going to be the best device of this year just like the V10 was last year(IMO). Plus with an up to date chipset we can expect to get the performance we deserve out of a high end device.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably get one. I have a N6P and although it is a really good device, I've missed the V10 and what LG does with it's phones. In fact, I'll probably sell the N6P and get another V10 in the interim. I really like the camera/video capabilities on the V10.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You had some great pics with the V10 too. Hope to have you back in the LG fold.
Thank you sir! My pics couldn't rival yours but I am happy with how the V10 performs.

I really hope LG knocks it out of the park with the V20. Competition is good. If it looks like a great device, I may Jump back to it. Of course I'll have to wait to receive my free 256gb card with the Note 7 so i can sell it and recoup some of the monthly payments on the Note.

I'm trying to do more and more on my phone and I'm getting there. Right now I think the Note can allow me to get more done than the V10 which is the reason for the switch.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you sir! My pics couldn't rival yours but I am happy with how the V10 performs.

I really hope LG knocks it out of the park with the V20. Competition is good. If it looks like a great device, I may Jump back to it. Of course I'll have to wait to receive my free 256gb card with the Note 7 so i can sell it and recoup some of the monthly payments on the Note.

I'm trying to do more and more on my phone and I'm getting there. Right now I think the Note can allow me to get more done than the V10 which is the reason for the switch.
Thank you. Is the pen functionality a big selling point for you? Seeing how Samsung has put so much attention to the pen sensitivity it's almost like a mini pen tablet and that really piques my interest. In an artist as well so I could see a lot of use cases for sketching ideas on the go, saving them, and maybe uploading them on my Surface Pro 2 to continue on Sketchbook Pro. But I would only get the Note 7 for the pen functionality and not just to have a big pretty phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Is the pen functionality a big selling point for you? Seeing how Samsung has put so much attention to the pen sensitivity it's almost like a mini pen tablet and that really piques my interest. In an artist as well so I could see a lot of use cases for sketching ideas on the go, saving them, and maybe uploading them on my Surface Pro 2 to continue on Sketchbook Pro. But I would only get the Note 7 for the pen functionality and not just to have a big pretty phone.
That's what I'm most interested in. I think it will allow me to be more productive and hopefully spend less time in front of my Surface 3. I'm gradually shifting. For years I was a have to have a huge monitor guy. Then got the Surface 3 and now my GF uses my office setup and I'm really never in there. Now I'd like to take some use out of my Surface and do more on the phone. Hopefully the Note is that step. If not, well, then I'll probably be back to LG in a couple months.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Been reading on new v20, but seems it's changing screen size.
I'm a samsung user and just checking out LG and iphones new phones coming out in Sept.

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am very happy with my V10.

Just got back from an 11 day vacation in Florida, disneyworld, Universal Studios, beaches... TONs of 4K video shot, TONS of Google map driving GPS, Screen Fully CRANKED in the Florida sunshine, txt messaging pics to my cousin in Sacramento like crazy. On average I took 50-60 high-res HDR pics every day with screen brightness at 100%.

My V10 was rock solid the whole time. Despite getting very warm in the Florida heat + humidity. It was ~103-F one day too!! With 3 batteries (1 in the phone and 2 in my wallet), the most I ever needed was the days at Epcot center where I drained 2 batteries down to 25~30%, and the third battery down to 85% by the time I turned Google maps off and pulled into the hotel room parking lot. Everywhere I went, around 3:30 in the afternoon, everyone was using their phones with USB cables and battery banks. Words do not do it justice how comforting it is just loading up a fresh battery and having instant 100% ready to go.

Oh yeah... you can't beat the way the V10 headphone amp and DAC handles lossless audio, sounds amazing for long plane flights.

So... the V20 would have to do a LOT of things exceedingly well to really get my attention. At the very minimum it would need to continue the removable battery tradition. NO WAY am I downgrading to a non-removable battery. I find it discouraging that there are no reports of the V20 battery being removable.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am very happy with my V10.

Just got back from an 11 day vacation in Florida, disneyworld, Universal Studios, beaches... TONs of 4K video shot, TONS of Google map driving GPS, Screen Fully CRANKED in the Florida sunshine, txt messaging pics to my cousin in Sacramento like crazy. On average I took 50-60 high-res HDR pics every day with screen brightness at 100%.

My V10 was rock solid the whole time. Despite getting very warm in the Florida heat + humidity. It was ~103-F one day too!! With 3 batteries (1 in the phone and 2 in my wallet), the most I ever needed was the days at Epcot center where I drained 2 batteries down to 25~30%, and the third battery down to 85% by the time I turned Google maps off and pulled into the hotel room parking lot. Everywhere I went, around 3:30 in the afternoon, everyone was using their phones with USB cables and battery banks. Words do not do it justice how comforting it is just loading up a fresh battery and having instant 100% ready to go.

Oh yeah... you can't beat the way the V10 headphone amp and DAC handles lossless audio, sounds amazing for long plane flights.

So... the V20 would have to do a LOT of things exceedingly well to really get my attention. At the very minimum it would need to continue the removable battery tradition. NO WAY am I downgrading to a non-removable battery. I find it discouraging that there are no reports of the V20 battery being removable.
Very much agree. I think the battery will still be removable though. At least I hope so but I'm real interested in that 20mp camera. If they make a better camera that will be so hard to resist. The V10 is already top three easily.
e53c0887f185e5c675debf491bc047b8.jpg
b3be79caef18196255186ce0823a1434.jpg
d431646759928033e1de612b7715b349.jpg
5dee75202062ec8a6230ef5f0eb99b06.jpg

All unedited. If the V20 flops I'll continue enjoying my V10. Simple.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If they make a better camera that will be so hard to resist.

Definitely, as long as LG doesn't sacrifice any of the video functionality for the sake of more pixels or a second wide angle sensor. I've got a niece's wedding coming up, and it would be very cool to document the partying without an obvious camera rig making people play to the birdie.

Course, from what I've read & watched, it seems a better speaker wouldn't hurt either. Still, as long as they stick to the V10's form factor, I'm most likely in.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Definitely, as long as LG doesn't sacrifice any of the video functionality for the sake of more pixels or a second wide angle sensor. I've got a niece's wedding coming up, and it would be very cool to document the partying without an obvious camera rig making people play to the birdie.

Course, from what I've read & watched, it seems a better speaker wouldn't hurt either. Still, as long as they stick to the V10's form factor, I'm most likely in.
Yes I agree. I doubt they will regress from what is available in the video controls on the V10 which are amazing when you put it all together. The media capabilities are what makes the V series stand out just like the stylus of the Note series(although a much longer and successful series) But LG has to keep what they started and expand on it. Can't wait.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Is it necessary to eliminate functions to add a second sensor?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon