I've got the itch

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's happened to me but ever since I purchased my G5 I've got the itch to try new phones. I had the G5 two weeks then I turned it in for a Nexus 6P. There were two things the Nexus couldn't do on Verizon and I wanted to see what the HTC 10 would bring. While I was waiting I got a good deal on another G5 and bought thinking I might switch to the HTC. No dice I decided to keep the G5 and would wait for the new Nexus. The Moto Z Force was announced but its just not for me and by the time it was released for pre order....the V20 leaks. I don't care for the Z and also the Note 7 doesn't peak my interest. The leaks on the Nexus aren't exciting and we really don't know what the V20 will bring so here I sit with this itch that's driving me crazy. This only happened to me after I stopped buying Moto devices. I'm hoping a month from now I find a cure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What were the two things the 6P doesn't do on Verizon? Have you looked at some non traditional options, like the OP3 or Axon 7?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What were the two things the 6P doesn't do on Verizon? Have you looked at some non traditional options, like the OP3 or Axon 7?

Visual Voicemail and WiFi calling.
Visual Voicemail I could have given up by using a third party app. I was more concerned with WIFI calling.
I guess it also bothered me that it had an older processor and less ram. The phone was a little large for my hand but I would have dealt with it. I only had it a week because I didn't have a case for it and didn't want to damage it so I could return within the 2 week Best Buy policy.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm going to be much help here; I have a feeling we like different things about phones :)

My top 5 in terms of quality devices = 1. Nexus Marlin (rumored) 2. Note 7 3. S7 Edge 4. Nexus 6P 5. HTC 10 (I skipped two because they have variants already in the list)

My top 5 of devices I'm most interested in = 1. Nexus Marlin (rumored) 2. Note 7 3. Axon 7 4. ... why would there be more than 3?

If you're bored by the Nexus rumors and not interested in a Note, my best hail mary would be the Axon 7. What's boring to you about the Moto Z Droid Force or whatever it's called?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm going to be much help here; I have a feeling we like different things about phones :)

My top 5 in terms of quality devices = 1. Nexus Marlin (rumored) 2. Note 7 3. S7 Edge 4. Nexus 6P 5. HTC 10 (I skipped two because they have variants already in the list)

My top 5 of devices I'm most interested in = 1. Nexus Marlin (rumored) 2. Note 7 3. Axon 7 4. ... why would there be more than 3?

If you're bored by the Nexus rumors and not interested in a Note, my best hail mary would be the Axon 7. What's boring to you about the Moto Z Droid Force or whatever it's called?

I didn't say the Z was boring....its just not for me. I also think its too expensive. Right now I'm going to see what Nexus and LG bring to the table. I think Nexus will have to hit it out of the park for me to give up WIFI calling. If the LG nails it I'm in, otherwise I may look at the Z again, but it would have to drop in price.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Z Force Droid Edition coming soon, will post about how it goes. I'm intending it to be my wife's phone but if it's not the bee's knees, it's getting sold or exploded on a youtube video.

What would be your perfect device?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Z Force Droid Edition coming soon, will post about how it goes. I'm intending it to be my wife's phone but if it's not the bee's knees, it's getting sold or exploded on a youtube video.

What would be your perfect device?

If the V20 retains the V10 screen size, V10 audio and adds the 820 chip with the rear dual camera set up of the G5 I'm in pretty good shape. I still would like to see a swappable battery remain. My only real concern is the GPS. The G5 GPS could use a boost on occasion. Sometimes it works great but sometimes its flaky. Hope the V10/20,doesn't suffer from that.
When I surf the forums it seems that GPS in general has gotten flakey since marshmallow in a lot of phones but its not always across the board.
I also wish one of the Nexus models would be an upgrade of the 6P and the the rumoured dual HTC phone. I hate that Google keeps changing who makes their product. They should have retained Moto and built off their platform and turned it into a pinnacle product. Oh....the other thing I don't like about the Z Force is that plastic screen. If it was Gorilla glass it would be a contender for my pocket change.