Getting tired of biased reviews

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
For LG phones.. Heavily biased, Very tired.
Who was the ancient Greek who wandered around during the day carrying a Lantern?
Looking for An honest man..
We need him now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For LG phones.. Heavily biased, Very tired.
Who was the ancient Greek who wandered around during the day carrying a Lantern?
Looking for An honest man..
We need him now.

Every review is biased regardless of OEM, and LG has dropped the ball lately, so they get hit a little harder.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because they aren't favorable to LG, they are biased?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I watched/read every review I could find on the g5 when it was released because I had planned on selling my s7e and picking it up. I don't know that I read a single one that was mostly positive, so it definitely wasn't just this site.

LG really shot themselves in the foot by putting so much emphasis on the fact that the g5 was the first modular phone, and then having only 1 or 2 modules available for months after it was released.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
LG was really making strides in 2015. The G4 was a really good phone with an outstanding camera, and the v10 built upon it with the manual video control. I had both and honestly preferred the G4 over the V10 because of battery life.

IMHO they made too many changes to a product that only needed some minor enhancements.

I think AC has been pretty fair with their reviews. They liked the G4, had mostly positive feedback on the V10, but LG didn't do themselves any favors with the G5

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, a lot of the reviews say that while the G5 is a good phone, its main differentiator, the modular "Friends" system, was not well-implemented. It was pretty clunky, requiring a full-power cycle to switch modules, and there were only 2 to choose from, a camera grip and an external 32-bit DAC (which is not available in North America and Korea plus Puerto Rico).

I think LG had some solid devices in 2015, and I thought the V10 was a good base to build a future phone on.

I'll give credit to LG for trying something new, which is something we haven't seen for a while, but it's apparent that the idea has failed, and as such, they have to find something else. Perhaps it would be better if they did it on a lower-volume device, but maybe that's just me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So if they agree with you, there's no bias?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Reviews aren't biased....the people who write them are

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Reviews are biased....the people who write them are

If you want an unbiased review, read the spec sheet and only do benchmarks. Don't comment on anything subjective.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Right?!

If you want an unbiased review, read the spec sheet and only do benchmarks. Don't comment on anything subjective.

I meant:

Reviews aren't biased....the people who write them are

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Wait. What is this AC bias you speak of? I find the core crew to be critical, yet down to Earth. Jerry really seems to like LG devices on the Podcast.

*shrug*

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I never mentioned AC and there is no such thing as a unbiased review unless it strictly talks about specifications in which case it's not really a review.... Just a means to make comparisons. Once you interject opinion there will be bias.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463