September 6th can't come fast enough

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I wish LG would announce sooner than Sept. 6th. At least announce specs. You're trying to compete against the Note 7 and you want to detour people from buying it. Waiting until 9/6 to announce/launch it isn't going to help....people will already have made their Note 7 purchase by then.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I wish LG would announce sooner than Sept. 6th. At least announce specs. You're trying to compete against the Note 7 and you want to detour people from buying it. Waiting until 9/6 to announce/launch it isn't going to help....people will already have made their Note 7 purchase by then.

I most people buying the note are going to buy it anyway

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! Can't get to see the specs and to see all of the announcements of the new devices! Especially this one and the new Nexus!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely curious to see the announcement, but I'm fine with my V10 for now. I have never understood the appeal of the Note line, especially not with TouchWiz.

Some of the leaked details are a little bit disappointing. As of right now, I am probably more inclined to wait out for the V30.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely curious to see the announcement, but I'm fine with my V10 for now. I have never understood the appeal of the Note line, especially not with TouchWiz.

Some of the leaked details are a little bit disappointing. As of right now, I am probably more inclined to wait out for the V30.

Where did you get your V10, if you don't mind me asking? I'd really love to get one if I could! :)

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
AT&T. It was a panicked decision after being stuck on my nexus 5 for too long while my G4 was being replaced.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Now that it's looking increasingly likely that the V20 will not look like the V10, I can definitely wait. With any luck, though, there'll be a crushing landslide of positive reviews to get me interested all over again.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind some changes. The buttons are a big deal. The V10 back design is better than the G5. My hands are so badly dried out that my grip isn't so great sometimes. When I held the G5 in my hand, I knew that I could take out windows with that thing if I turned to quickly.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T. It was a panicked decision after being stuck on my nexus 5 for too long while my G4 was being replaced.

Thanks for responding! :) Haven't seen one in the wild here in my part of Canada so I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled!

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about whether the buttons are on the back or side, but it is 2016 so the LG phones need to have off-screen buttons like HTC and Samsung have instead of the ugly on-screen buttons.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about whether the buttons are on the back or side, but it is 2016 so the LG phones need to have off-screen buttons like HTC and Samsung have instead of the ugly on-screen buttons.
That's part of why I like the G4. I come to love the option of being able to customize the buttons to better suit my usage and it's not like they block anything.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, just like Google wanted it. The soft buttons were part of a change in material design by Google. My Nexus 5 is the same way. So technically, it is Samsung and HTC that need to stop being so retro

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
On screen "buttons" are terrible. They look bad, they take up screen space, and can be a problem when playing games.

There's only one game I play where they take up space, and even then I think it's a case of the developer not having updated very often. On the others, they go away until I swipe from the bottom to call them up.

When it comes to other things like net browsing, reading a note, or other such things, it seems silly to quibble about such a minute loss of space on a large screen. Even on that aforementioned game that leaves them up, there's more than enough real estate that they don't get in the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12