I'm a Nexus owner through and through because of updates. But looking at the new LG V20 rumored specs, I can't help but gawk at it. 2gb bigger RAM and a 550mAh more of a battery than the new Nexus Marlin that's coming. But one thing that always stops me from buying outside the Nexus brand are the major lack of Android updates on other phones. They will ship with Android 5 and 6 but like never ever get major release updates after that.

Seeing as this is LG and they made my Nexus 5, I'm hoping this company is great at OS updates but I'm here to ask and find out.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and answers.
    08-29-2016 10:22 AM
    I know LG was a little on the slow side for the G4. Not sure about the V10.
    08-29-2016 10:26 AM
    I've had some experience with LG devices.

The V10 took a while to get Marshmallow, but my G4 was one of the first to get it.

So, LG is pretty good at pushing out major updates early, but when it comes to keeping them updated, I'd say they're somewhere in a Category 3, where Category 1 is having major updates and security patches pushed quickly, with Category 5 being almost zero updates.

As mentioned, LG is good at pushing major updates to their flagships in a lot of cases, but the G4 and the V10 AFAIK, are still on Android 6.0. No word on a 6.0.1 update.

Security updates can be a bit hit-or-miss depending on the variant, however.

Do you really care about updates? If so, it's probably a safe bet to stick with the Nexus. If not, then maybe wait to see what the V20 offers.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:33 AM
    I'm a Nexus owner through and through because of updates. But looking at the new LG V20 rumored specs, I can't help but gawk at it. 2gb bigger RAM and a 550mAh more of a battery than the new Nexus Marlin that's coming. But one thing that always stops me from buying outside the Nexus brand are the major lack of Android updates on other phones. They will ship with Android 5 and 6 but like never ever get major release updates after that.

Seeing as this is LG and they made my Nexus 5, I'm hoping this company is great at OS updates but I'm here to ask and find out.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and answers.
    Just so you know, the 4000mah battery was an early rumor that has been repeated over and over without and proof, so I wouldn't really count on it. Early leaks have said 4gb of ram, not 6. Just don't want you getting your hopes up for two specs that probably won't pan out.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:24 PM
    Nothing will be better than phones from Google.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:25 PM
    Just so you know, the 4000mah battery was an early rumor that has been repeated over and over without and proof, so I wouldn't really count on it. Early leaks have said 4gb of ram, not 6. Just don't want you getting your hopes up for two specs that probably won't pan out.
    Yeah, don't let the rumors get you too excited.

The same thing happened with the Note7.
    AllenRulz likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:35 PM
    I'm definitely taking that in consideration. Of course Google is top when it comes to upgrades, I just wanted to see how well LG did with their non Nexus phones if the 6gb ram and 4k battery do pan out. I appreciate the fast responses everyone.
    08-29-2016 01:05 PM
    I've had 3 LG phones and all got 1 version higher update in a timely manner. Meaning there weren't really any threads saying "where's he update?!?!?!" Lol
    AllenRulz likes this.
    09-01-2016 02:00 PM