Just something that's been on my mind lately.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:13 AM
    I'm intrigued by it, and definitely want to see it when it comes out. I liked the V10 a lot, but the poor battery life was just too hard to deal with even with the free extra battery and carriage it came with.

Not too sure about the whole modules, or 'friends' idea, but we'll see. IMHO LG took a chance like they do a lot, and the G5 suffered because of it. I like that they keep thinking out of the box, but they are not always going to get it right. But when they do, it's pretty incredible.
    missouriexile and JD 96 like this.
    09-02-2016 11:07 AM
    I don't think LG is going to go the module route with the V20...they've learned from the G5. I think we're looking at a phone that will have a removable back & battery + sd card slot.
    09-02-2016 11:56 AM
    I was excited by this phone initially. But now I wonder why they would make it with a quad core CPU after its predecessor, the V10, was made with a hexacore CPU. Sounds like a step backwards to me.
    09-02-2016 11:56 AM
    I was excited by this phone initially. But now I wonder why they would make it with a quad core CPU after its predecessor, the V10, was made with a hexacore CPU. Sounds like a step backwards to me.
    As someone else already stated in another thread, the CPU the V20 will be using has 2 less cores than the V10 but each core is much more powerful than the V10. Overall, performance will be better on the V20 than the V10.
    JD 96 likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:04 PM
    i think i need a new phone to replace my bricked G4 and the G3 i went back to. I'm looking at the GS7 and the G5 but i really want the 5.5 or above screen size. Hoping the price of the V20 is reasonable on AT&T.
    09-02-2016 12:21 PM
    i think i need a new phone to replace my bricked G4 and the G3 i went back to. I'm looking at the GS7 and the G5 but i really want the 5.5 or above screen size. Hoping the price of the V20 is reasonable on AT&T.
    My G4 bricked as well ..... I'd be a little hesitant in getting another LG device moving forward. They need better QC.
    09-02-2016 01:35 PM
    My G4 bricked as well ..... I'd be a little hesitant in getting another LG device moving forward. They need better QC.
    True. I'm going to start doing Att next every year. Always within warranty that way, like my leased cars lol
    09-02-2016 05:59 PM
    I'm interested mostly because I want a phone with a removable battery, even more so after the debacle with the Note 7. I'm still using a Note 4 and will hold onto it as long as possible unless the V20 comes with a removable battery and gets good reviews.
    09-02-2016 08:01 PM
    I'm definitely biting at the bit to see what it's like! I love my LG G3 and love the appeal of the V10; and so I have high hopes for the V20. If I like it, I may hold out for it and buy it in another year or ten months when my contract is closer to being up. It's one of the few phones I'm actively keeping an eye on.
    JD 96 likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:12 PM
    The phone isn't out yet, so I can't really comment on my thoughts.

Based on rumors, though, I think it might be a solid device that will appeal to a specific group of consumers, especially those who are serious about audio and still want a removable battery.

I'm still skeptical on LG's quality control at this point, but I do hope that they have improved it, especially since there's a Program Management Office.

It's likely not going to make me switch from the Note7 (even though it's currently on a battery recall), though that's no fault of the phone itself. It might not be what I'm looking for in a phone but that doesn't mean it's not what you're looking for in a phone. If you want a big phone with great headphone audio and a replaceable battery, I think the V20 might be suitable for you.

Buy what you want.
    09-04-2016 04:10 AM
    Very happy with my V10. The only phone I would even consider upgrading to would be the V20... but realistically not at the kinds of prices were talking about. Maybe if Verizon offered some kind of trade-in deal on my V10, I might give it some consideration.

I would like to see the V20 go all out wifi on Verizon. I want to force EVERYTHING through wifi data. I know this is more of a carrier restriction, but my only real complaint has been that I can't force voice calls, voice mail downloads and text message pics through my wifi. It has wifi calling but its not a manual thing, and ANY hint of a cellular signal turns off wifi calling... no matter how unreliable the cell signal.
    09-04-2016 10:20 AM
    Very happy with my V10. The only phone I would even consider upgrading to would be the V20... but realistically not at the kinds of prices were talking about. Maybe if Verizon offered some kind of trade-in deal on my V10, I might give it some consideration.
    I'm hoping Verizon will do another $300 trade in credit promotion or something similar. I have the G4, which still qualified for the full $300 on the Note 7 release.
    09-04-2016 10:29 AM
    Well for some reason i still feel like it's gonna have a 3000 mah battery.
    09-04-2016 10:58 AM

I would like to see the V20 go all out wifi on Verizon. I want to force EVERYTHING through wifi data. I know this is more of a carrier restriction, but my only real complaint has been that I can't force voice calls, voice mail downloads and text message pics through my wifi. It has wifi calling but its not a manual thing, and ANY hint of a cellular signal turns off wifi calling... no matter how unreliable the cell signal.
    For phone calls you can turn on airplane mode and enable WIFI
    kramer5150 likes this.
    09-04-2016 12:07 PM
    Well for some reason i still feel like it's gonna have a 3000 mah battery.
    I hope not. The 3500mAh battery in my Note 7 was barely adequate.
    09-04-2016 12:50 PM
    I hope not. The 3500mAh battery in my Note 7 was barely adequate.
    oh well latest i've seen is 3200 and that's after i said 3000 so this just confirms my doubts that they could never shove a 4000 mah removable battery at less than half the phone's body.
    09-04-2016 02:08 PM
    If the entire back is removable (I.e. Two halves, with only one half removed in the renders), then I'm guessing we'll start seeing extended batteries available. So for me, the OEM capacity may not even be an issue. That could also mean new custom backs that are one piece.

I'm just speculating, of course.
    09-04-2016 02:29 PM
    If the entire back is removable (I.e. Two halves, with only one half removed in the renders), then I'm guessing we'll start seeing extended batteries available. So for me, the OEM capacity may not even be an issue. That could also mean new custom backs that are one piece.

I'm just speculating, of course.
    I doubt the whole back is removable. The other side houses the circuitry.
    09-04-2016 02:31 PM
    besides if the whole back is removable there's no point in making each half removable i guess?
    09-04-2016 02:42 PM
    I doubt the whole back is removable. The other side houses the circuitry.
    The only images/renders I've seen neither confirm or deny what either side holds. Even on the Cnet Korean render with one half off, there's nothing resembling a battery under it.

You could be right, but that seems like it would risk a lopsided feel without careful counterbalancing.
    09-04-2016 02:49 PM
    I'm going to pass on it. The side buttons kill it for me. Sorry, but I am not going back to the inferior version, even if it happens to be what everyone expects.
    09-05-2016 06:46 AM
    Looks like there is another leak the day before the announcement " According to one Weibo leaker, the V20 should sport a 5.7-inch QHD main screen, a 16 MP dual camera arrangement on the back, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 at the helm, 4GB of RAM, as well as a big 4,000 mAh battery."
    AllenRulz likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:03 PM
    Looks like there is another leak the day before the announcement " According to one Weibo leaker, the V20 should sport a 5.7-inch QHD main screen, a 16 MP dual camera arrangement on the back, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 at the helm, 4GB of RAM, as well as a big 4,000 mAh battery."
    The battery is definitely something I'm interested in. But I hope this phone doesn't boot loop and hoping for constant updates.
    JD 96 likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:00 PM
    Yeah, not seeing what the hype is all about, but with the colors, side buttons, and USB-C, I might not sell it if someone gave it to me for free...
    09-05-2016 10:33 PM