LG v20 Tempered glass screen protectors

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
This is a brand new device and I'm thinking about the accessories that I want to get when I'll receive the device itself. One of the most important accessories for a smartphone in my opinion is the Tempered glass screen protector.

Do you guys plan to get a Tempered glass screen protectors for your LG V20? what screen protector are you going to get?

The Dmax Armor [Tempered Glass] Anti-Scratch looks solid, but havn't tried it myself.

[2-Pack] HTC U11 / U 11 Screen Protector, Dmax Armor [Tempered Glass] Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free, Ultra-clear

61aqIhgIssL._SL403_.jpg

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to love them until I got the G4. I had one on it, but then got it warrantied for a bootloop. I never got around to putting a protector on the replacement phone and it's been scratch free after almost a year. I'm a trucker that is in and out of dusty environment (including the cab of my truck XD), and still no issues.

So I'm thinking my days of getting screen protectors may be over.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've used tempered glass since my G3. Saved my screen quite few times.

I always recommend popping one on. You never know.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to order it but I'm not sure which one, there are 2 of the them, one of them seems to have it protect the phone fully while the other one only protects the screen.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Also, get used to it. Gorilla Glass 5 is more shatterproof, but scratches wayyyy easier. Check out the numerous posts about it on the Note 7

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ringke is one of the most trustworthy names in mobile accessories.
This is amusing to me. It seems with every new phone release, there's a new accessory company that instantly becomes the best out there, and it's always a company I've never heard of until I see it for said device. I'll admit, I do like the design of some of the Ringke cases, but it's not a brand I've seen show up in any of my searches on past phones. Yet here they are the break out star of the V20 world.

I say all this in jest, btw.

tootechie

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought this today on Amazon (I'll be ordering a V20 on Verizon as soon as it's available on their web site) because that case is similar to the one I used on the Note 4 and Note 5. It comes with a tempered glass protector (which I also used on the Note 4 and Note 5 with great success) however I've read that the bottom of the V20 tapers/curves down which makes the screen protector pull away from the screen.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
If anyone finds good a temper glass, please let us know. LG v20 top and bottom is little curved and I don't trust fake Amazon reviewed.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Never had any problems with eBay brands. Name brands are all the same except they have nicer packaging. All come from China no matter what. Everytime I have an issue from eBay sellers, they'll just send me a replacement no questipns asked.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, get used to it. Gorilla Glass 5 is more shatterproof, but scratches wayyyy easier. Check out the numerous posts about it on the Note 7
I thought LG opted for the Gorilla Glass 4 instead of the 5. If so, it handles scratches much better than the 5. That being said, most scratches don't come from keys or sharp objects. It's grit and sand trapped in pockets that do the most damage. No matter how careful you are, one day you might look at your screen and have a pretty nasty microscratch. As an anal as I am, I try to avoid it by suiting up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo