V20 Reviews

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Ben Sin of Forbes has posted his review of the V20 and he says its the best phone LG has ever made.

Link to the full review here.

And for those like me who are concerned about the battery compared to the V10...

Perhaps the biggest complaint of the V10 was its lackluster battery life, and I’m happy to report that the V20 improves on that quite a bit. On paper, the V20 only got a 200 mAH bump in battery (up to 3,200 mAH now), but the combination of that plus Nougat’s battery saving “Doze” mode and Snapdragon 820 being more power-efficient means I’m able to get through a whole day on the V20 without needing to recharge or swap batteries. This past Sunday, for example, I left the house at noon with battery at 100%, and by 9:30pm I still had about 35% juice, despite me streaming about an hour of music at the gym, taking a bunch of photos and going on social media on and off throughout the day.

Another positive review from Android Headlines here:

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Forbes Review

Eh, it wasn't much of a review IMO. Very high-level and a lot of it felt glossed over.

I want to know how well the mics work, how fast the camera focus is, how is the shutter lag? Does the headphone out really have twice as much output as other phones (don't need measurements, but at least try some known hard to drive headphones)?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Not sure how much salt I'd take with that article after reading his initial review of the camera.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...nds-on-preview-photo-comparison/#3c4b85506395

He pretty much admits his bias of LG phones, and then links to an article bashing the quality of the Note 7 camera and ignoring some obvious signs of its quality in his own sample images.

I'm no fan of the Note 7 for a lot of reasons and the V20 is likely my choice if I upgrade, but I would have expected more objectivity from a journalist. At least give me the option of willfully suspending my disbelief! Lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

This is awesome! Thanks for this! I can't wait to hear when it will come to Canada and to which carriers it will be launching. Really hoping Rogers is one of them!

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Eh, it wasn't much of a review IMO. Very high-level and a lot of it felt glossed over.

Not sure how much salt I'd take with that article after reading his initial review of the camera.

Forbes Welcome

He pretty much admits his bias of LG phones, and then links to an article bashing the quality of the Note 7 camera and ignoring some obvious signs of its quality in his own sample images.

I'm no fan of the Note 7 for a lot of reasons and the V20 is likely my choice if I upgrade, but I would have expected more objectivity from a journalist. At least give me the option of willfully suspending my disbelief! Lol

Pretty much you should take any positive review for the V20 or any other LG device for that matter, with a grain of salt. At least according to you two.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Pretty much you should take any positive review for the V20 or any other LG device for that matter, with a grain of salt. At least according to you two.
No, just stating my opinion that this particular author is biased to the point it's affecting his articles.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I very seldom see bad reviews of ANY flagship phones at release time. Initially even the G5 reviews were decent. After they get some use the weaknesses appear.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I wish one would say if there is notification led, miracast, and wired hdmi capability.

The V10 didn't have a notification LED so I imagine the V20 won't either. It doesn't bother me anyway as the 2nd screen is more useful for notifications.

Florence Ion

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
A reminder that no finalized versions of the V20 have been seeded out to journalists yet. What you're reading is a review of the "preview" version of the phone.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
So far each " pre review " I've seen has all been of the Dark Grey V20.

I'd love to see a Pink one since that I think would look best .... for me anyways haaaa !?!? I heard its coming to the U.S. so I'm not holding my breath ugh.

I would like to finally see it in the Silver then since that'll probably be what I'll be grabbing when and if the V20 is released !??!

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The wide angle came is a great asset for the V20. The wide angle samples are impressive, with distortion less than with the G5

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
A reminder that no finalized versions of the V20 have been seeded out to journalists yet. What you're reading is a review of the "preview" version of the phone.

Yep...but chances the hardware specs change from the preview version are pretty slim. If anything, they'll just make tweaks to the software.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
So far each " pre review " I've seen has all been of the Dark Grey V20.

I'd love to see a Pink one since that I think would look best .... for me anyways haaaa !?!? I heard its coming to the U.S. so I'm not holding my breath ugh.

I would like to finally see it in the Silver then since that'll probably be what I'll be grabbing when and if the V20 is released !??!

The video linked in my post is of the silver color one.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Myyyyyy bad and thank you !!!!

I missed that but now after seeing the Silver " live " in that review .......... I'm really , really liking the V20 !!!!

It'd be nice if get news soon !!

The video linked in my post is of the silver color one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz