Rumor: V20 to be released on October 21st in US

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
According to Evan Blass

Samsung Galaxy Note7 sales to resume on October 21 in the U.S. | VentureBeat | Business | by Evan Blass

While Samsung may be resuming sales of the recalled Galaxy Note7 in its home country of South Korea as soon as next week — September 28 — it will be a full month before American consumers can purchase the replacement handsets. Carriers in the United States are preparing for a relaunch on Friday, October 21, according to a planning document obtained by VentureBeat.

That’s the same day sales of LG’s second-half flagship, the dual-screened V20, are scheduled to begin in the U.S.

If true what perfect timing to release it the same day the Note 7 goes back on sale. <---- Saracasm. =)

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Please let this guy be wrong on this one. October 21? Have they not learned anything from the past? That's way too late in the game to be releasing a phone that got announced the first week of September for a rebound device. We'll see I guess. T-Mobile has a coming soon page finally so there's that.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
If October 21st is indeed the date then I'm guessing something must have happened in manufacturing that caused a delay.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think it might have something to do with their Samsung strategic partnership. The display DACs and 820 are not new. Metal part finishing?

Whatever the case, agreed they have lost their opportunity, since might as well say November if 10/21 "release".

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is the Twitter conversation

tsaunders (‪@tsaunders‬)
9/19/16, 10:33 AM
‪@evleaks‬ ‪@RDR0b11‬ Really? Why would they wait that long is this why the image on ‪@TMobileHelp‬ ‪@TMobile‬ site has October 19th on it?
Andreas (‪@acmegahz‬)
9/19/16, 9:35 AM
‪@evleaks‬ ‪@RDR0b11‬ a battle that samsung will keep on losing
techi (‪@iamtechi27‬)
9/19/16, 9:25 AM
‪@evleaks‬ ‪@RDR0b11‬ ******* really? It'll take them that long?
Evan Blass (‪@evleaks‬)
9/19/16, 9:22 AM
‪@RDR0b11‬ And same day as LG V20
David Ruddock (‪@RDR0b11‬)
9/19/16, 9:21 AM
Huh, Galaxy Note7 will not go back on sale in the US until after Pixel pre-orders are likely to have started. twitter.com/evleaks/status…

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Eh whatever. I'm done caring at this point. I'll get excited once I get the phone in my hands.😒

mrcultureshock

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I just read the same date on Phonearena. What I don't understand is why did LG announce this phone more than a month away from its release?!? If they weren't ready to release the V20 soon, postpone the announcement. Whoever is doing their marketing needs a dope slap.

That being said, V20 is still on my shortlist, along with Note 7 and the new Pixels.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Don't forget the teasers and initial marketing buzz they started with for the V20 was on August 4th, lol. They should go ahead and start teasing the G6 now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just read the same date on Phonearena. What I don't understand is why did LG announce this phone more than a month away from its release?!? If they weren't ready to release the V20 soon, postpone the announcement. Whoever is doing their marketing needs a dope slap.

That being said, V20 is still on my shortlist, along with Note 7 and the new Pixels.

Because FIRST. lol

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A launch with no info and then drag it out defeats the value of the launch and any product momentum. I still think the launch is tied into their relationship with Samsung in some manner, since that is the only thing that makes some kind of professional sense.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Pixels shipping with Android 7.1 instead of V20's 7.0. A newer, faster Snapdragon processor as well. Will be interesting.

HTC Bolt flagship rumored today to ship October per Evan Blass. Remember the Thunderbolt?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would hope not. They have the "Coming Soon" placement on the T-Mobile site so .. hoping sooner.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

No joking. I would like to have a kind word with their marketing team.lol The only reason I'm getting the V20 is because it's the only phone that's has the features I want. I thought hard about the iPhone 7 Plus but the camera isn't even as good as the Galaxy S7/Note 7 series and restricted manual controls along with a boring OS. At the very least I would get the Galaxy S7 Edge but I think about my disdain for cases and all that glass and how beautifully my V10 held up after a few accidental drops. And no removable battery or IR blaster either. LG is really the only manufacturer doing something different with their phones in terms of giving users the most options and offering the most complete manual camera audio and video experience in a phone. I hate them for this. Just wait it out and kick it with the V10 until then. Why would they go about business in this manner?smh 👊

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I would hope not. They have the "Coming Soon" placement on the T-Mobile site so .. hoping sooner.
Yeah but I'm not getting my hopes up any more. Soon is definitely not a month from now. At least that's not soon after they hyped the phone up so much. I'm looking for every possible reason to leave LG after this nonsense but I can't seem to find a comparable option. Hurry up and wait I guess.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why can't they do a better job with their displays? A display centric company that can't make a good display for their phones. Ironic. Apparently same display as V10 and has 820, but they have a launch event followed by the device probably at best, six weeks later.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Why can't they do a better job with their displays? A display centric company that can't make a good display for their phones. Ironic. Apparently same display as V10 and has 820, but they have a launch event followed by the device probably at best, six weeks later.

Some of us don't want Amoled