LG V20 Pricing

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Here is an article stating when the phone will come out and how much it will cost.

LG V20 released in South Korea on September 29 | ZDNet

Does the price affect your decision one way or another in buying this? It seems high to me, considering the problems LG has had with the G4 bootloop and some V10's. I was hoping and thinking it would be around the $700 price. I was considering it but it's LG and I don't think LG makes premium phones where they can charge premium prices.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Chances are there will be enough promo goodies to offset the price. I got $650 in credits and gift cards for my $600 G4. So if those only come in at half the deal, it'll still be a good deal to me. Lol

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The display better be nicer than the demo's or that price would get comparatively beaten up by reviewers. Most consumers too, except maybe the V10 fans. Needs to be $700.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
$800!!!! I know that flag ship phones tend to be on the higher price side but really? I could get two of the OnePlus 3 or the ZTE Axon 7 for that price. Makes me really rethink my want for this phone.

Last edited:

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I really hope that price is wrong for the US. There is no way I'd take this phone for $800.

I'd also like to smack the person at LG who thought doing a release party and then have complete silence for weeks on a price or availability was smart!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. $800 US is a bit steep. That's going to work out to at least $3500 CAD. (Joking of course)
I was hoping to switch over to it right away but perhaps it will be best to wait for a Black Friday or Boxing Day sale.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This article might have the correct Korean prices and they are just showing the equivalent US dollar but it seems the US price will be cheaper. It said the G5 cost 836,000 won and it definitely sold for far less here at release than the $700-750 converted price from won to the US dollar.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This article might have the correct Korean prices and they are just showing the equivalent US dollar but it seems the US price will be cheaper. It said the G5 cost 836,000 won and it definitely sold for far less here at release than the $700-750 converted price from won to the US dollar.
That's a bit reassuring. I really want to give LG and this phone a try. Looks like it will be an awesome device. However, I am not willing to spend the same amount that a Note 7 would cost to do so....

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's a bit reassuring. I really want to give LG and this phone a try. Looks like it will be an awesome device. However, I am not willing to spend the same amount that a Note 7 would cost to do so....

I don't want to spend the same as a Note 7 but I don't think the Note 7 is worth that kind of money either. Having said that I will buy the V20 at the higher price if I have to but I doubt LG will go that high. If they do I'm sure they will bundle some goodies to make up for it.

Last edited:

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
One of LGs selling points is that it is cheaper than the top tier phones on the market and you still get top of the line internals. My first LG phone was the G5. other than a weak speaker on speaker phone calls, I haven't had any issues. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the the V20.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. $800 US is a bit steep. That's going to work out to at least $3500 CAD. (Joking of course)
I was hoping to switch over to it right away but perhaps it will be best to wait for a Black Friday or Boxing Day sale.

Yup, I am in that camp too...

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy to go with a subsidised phone plan on this one. I believe I heard rumours that it will be carried by Canadian carriers as well... So far none of them have place holders for this phone... so maybe that rumour is not true, and it will be buy unlocked from LG only?

Fuzzypumper

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
$700-800? Ouch -- that's a bit rich for my blood! Sounds like an awesome phone, but I'll probably be looking more closely at the mid-range phone pricing/availability come November (a Happy Birthday to me when I upgrade my first-gen Moto G to something a bit more robust!)

Oceanic16

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's more accurate to say you are acquiring the phone by installments after the initial deposit. Those installments are at least $30 a month buried in your monthly cellular fee over two years. So that $400 phone is actually costing you $1,265. ($400 initial deposit, $720 in cumulative installments, and $145 in taxes. Enjoy!

vondrook4

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
It's more accurate to say you are acquiring the phone by installments after the initial deposit. Those installments are at least $30 a month buried in your monthly cellular fee over two years. So that $400 phone is actually costing you $1,265. ($400 initial deposit, $720 in cumulative installments, and $145 in taxes. Enjoy!

$400 deposit?? Every plan I've seen for the new iPhones ($700 to $800 or so off contract) has no money up front, and anywhere from $25 to $30 a month for 24 months. That's about $720 without taxes, which makes sense. As for the V20, it's the phone that's pulling me from iPhone! It's pretty sleek and I love the hardware (oh and the headphone jack ;) )

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a phone needing an initial deposit. The only reason I can think that they need a deposit is because a customer has bad credit.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
As for the V20, it's the phone that's pulling me from iPhone! It's pretty sleek and I love the hardware (oh and the headphone jack ;) )

I'm curious to know, Is this the first Android phone that's pulling you away from an iPhone? I wonder if there are people who do the opposite of what you're doing and leave android to go to the iPhone. Unless they are simpy-simpletons and don't want/need the customization of Android, I don't see many people going back once they've experienced android. Oh and they get updates regularly and it's across all carriers at the same time. If course this is all just my opinion.

My wife loves apple because all of her devices sync together automatically and she doesn't have to think about customization with every new Apple device that she gets(mostly just the newest iPhone every two years). The layout and software is always the same and she doesn't have to learn all the different layouts of each phone like androids.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a phone needing an initial deposit. The only reason I can think that they need a deposit is because a customer has bad credit.
Same here, at least with most current plans. I use to see deposits required with 2 year subsidized plans, but those are all but gone now.

tim440

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
If it makes it to Europe and Vodafone have it, I might get it. I try and avoid being locked into a contract but if they do a good deal on this, it might be worth it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to go with a subsidised phone plan on this one. I believe I heard rumours that it will be carried by Canadian carriers as well... So far none of them have place holders for this phone... so maybe that rumour is not true, and it will be buy unlocked from LG only?

I've heard those rumours too. I'm really hoping it does indeed come to Canada. We didn't get the V10 and I'd for sure want to jump on the V20 if Rogers carried it. Bell and Rogers carry the G5 - you'd think they'd want to carry LG's latest flagship as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800