LG V20 Pricing

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
900... bestbuy... err.... well it fall down on the 2 year contract price =|.... and how I like it... otherwise i just stick to my current phones for now

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
After all this, STILL no pricing confirmation?? Is it $830 or $650?
Well ATT is taking pre-orders at $830 so I'd guess they are locked in at that price.

T-Mobile has yet to officially announce a price and pre-orders don't start until Monday with a $650 price according to some store employees and T-Force reps.

So still on a wait and see.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
At least on AT&T, it's:

Regular (web site):
$27.67/month for 30 months on NEXT ($830)
$829.99 purchase outright.

Premier ("large customer" discount plan that I can access through work):
$329.99 + upgrade fees around $50 = $380 for a 2-year contract subsidized
$23.06/mo for 36 months ($830.16)
$34.59/mo for 24 months ($830.16)

It is available in Titan Gray and Silver only regardless of plan.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
$830 confirmed on AT&T
$900 confirmed Sprint version at Best Buy.
$800 unlocked confirmed at B&H Photo
$650 estimated on T-mo.
Up in the air for any place else and other versions.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm confused. Which is correct? The $830 price ATT states based on monthly payment, or the $650 price based on Tmo monthly payment?

$650 gets this device back on my radar, but Verizon will probably be later due to their Google Pixel love.

T-Mobile, as far as I know, has never stated a price. $650 was a best guess price before AT&T released their prices.

The phone has the same specs as the note 7 why are people expecting it to be cheaper???Same processor ,ram and storage amount...and the Ir blaster and hifi dac make up for the iris scanner and spen ..Not to mention Military Grade build .....I think it's reasonably priced for what you get......

They are expecting it to be cheaper because it has the same specs as the $200 cheaper G5. Also, LG doesn't have the branding to price that high, especially when all their phones have typically sold less than $700 while still be comparable to $800+ phones. Then many people lost trust in LG and their build quality after the whole mess that was the G4.

So that's why we expected a cheaper price. I was shocked to see this going for more than $700.

Well if they price it lower they will forever be known as the budget brand......I bet they raised the price last minute because of the note 7 recalls and they want to come across as a True flagship and not some sub 600 dollar medium range Device, Filling the gap Samsung is leaving this year in the Mobile Space...

If they priced lower, they would make people second guess their Samsung, Apple, and Google purchases knowing that they could get a phone just as good, but for cheaper. Have you noticed the Chinese finally starting to enter the western markets? These Chinese manufacturers are giving themselves a reputation, not as being budget brands, but as being quality phones sold for fractions of the prices we're used to. What makes the V20 worth $400 more than the OnePlus 3? Absolutely nothing other than LG saying it's worth that much and the ignorant masses believing that because they've been brainwashed into thinking that high price = high quality.

Hardware scaling BTW would be a huge help with the V20. A lot less power usage by the GPU.

Could you tell me what hardware scaling is? I've never heard that mentioned before.

$830 AT&T, $800 unlocked.

$650 was wishful thinking before anyone had a price.

Well ATT is taking pre-orders at $830 so I'd guess they are locked in at that price.

T-Mobile has yet to officially announce a price and pre-orders don't start until Monday with a $650 price according to some store employees and T-Force reps.

So still on a wait and see.

Don't know if you've ever been into a carrier store, but store reps are never ad knowledgeable as they'd like you to believe...

$830 confirmed on AT&T
$650 estimated on T-mo.

There's just no way in hell this phone is being sold for nearly $200 cheaper at T-Mobile. They price their phones cheaper usually, but not by that much.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
$830 confirmed on AT&T
$650 estimated on T-mo.

Serious with the monthly payment for the phone to = the price of the phone why not just get the unlock model. As for sprint =| unless the 2 year contract bring it down to 200-300 "maybe not 300 but ehhh" I just be on the fence about it till all info is final and I like the phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile, as far as I know, has never stated a price. $650 was a best guess price before AT&T released their prices.

They are expecting it to be cheaper because it has the same specs as the $200 cheaper G5. Also, LG doesn't have the branding to price that high, especially when all their phones have typically sold less than $700 while still be comparable to $800+ phones. Then many people lost trust in LG and their build quality after the whole mess that was the G4.

So that's why we expected a cheaper price. I was shocked to see this going for more than $700.

If they priced lower, they would make people second guess their Samsung, Apple, and Google purchases knowing that they could get a phone just as good, but for cheaper. Have you noticed the Chinese finally starting to enter the western markets? These Chinese manufacturers are giving themselves a reputation, not as being budget brands, but as being quality phones sold for fractions of the prices we're used to. What makes the V20 worth $400 more than the OnePlus 3? Absolutely nothing other than LG saying it's worth that much and the ignorant masses believing that because they've been brainwashed into thinking that high price = high quality.

Could you tell me what hardware scaling is? I've never heard that mentioned before.

$830 AT&T, $800 unlocked.

$650 was wishful thinking before anyone had a price.

Don't know if you've ever been into a carrier store, but store reps are never ad knowledgeable as they'd like you to believe...

There's just no way in hell this phone is being sold for nearly $200 cheaper at T-Mobile. They price their phones cheaper usually, but not by that much.
Yeah, I've been to more than my fair share of carrier stores. I was referencing what someone else posted who called 3 stores and was given the same pricing info and another post that talked to T-Force and got the same $650 info. I guess we will see.

T-Mobile does have lower price history on their side.

The V10 launched on T-mobile at $599, ATT was $699, and Verizon $672.

The G5 was also cheaper. $629 at T-Mobile, $689 at ATT.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've been to more than my fair share of carrier stores. I was referencing what someone else posted who called 3 stores and was given the same pricing info and another post that talked to T-Force and got the same $650 info. I guess we will see.

T-Mobile does have lower price history on their side.

The V10 launched on T-mobile at $599, ATT was $699, and Verizon $672.

The G5 was also cheaper. $629 at T-Mobile, $689 at ATT.
I'm just seeing $650 highly unlikely. I also doubt these T-Mobile employees have any more information than what's officially announced. Even if they did, they wouldn't be just handing it out. They'd only give you the official word, which is to be announced.

If T-Mobile undercuts the competition this much, color me shocked. I'll eat my words while I crawl back to T-Mobile, begging them to take me back.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope I can get one at VZW without headphones if it is under $800!
The ear buds are via a rebate through LG directly, so don't expect a cheaper price for opting not to send that in.

The Note 7 lets you use a lower resolution to reduce processing power and increase battery life. That may be ok on an AMOLED display (I haven't seen it in practice), but doubtful on an LCD. Have you ever tried reducing the resolution on your LCD computer monitor? If so, you'll quickly see how bad it looks. That's just the nature of the technology. LCD's simply don't scale their resolution well. So while it would lower the processing demands, I think the image quality trade-off would be so great that no one would use it and would just be a pointless feature.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 lets you use a lower resolution to reduce processing power and increase battery life. That may be ok on an AMOLED display (I haven't seen it in practice), but doubtful on an LCD. Have you ever tried reducing the resolution on your LCD computer monitor? If so, you'll quickly see how bad it looks. That's just the nature of the technology. LCD's simply don't scale their resolution well. So while it would lower the processing demands, I think the image quality trade-off would be so great that no one would use it and would just be a pointless feature.

Thanks for that explanation. Definitely a feature I'd love to see. I don't need a power hungry 1440p display.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The ear buds are via a rebate through LG directly, so don't expect a cheaper price for opting not to send that in.

The scaling works quite well on the Note 7.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
At&t

e6b032471c83ffe33ad471114bdbe442.jpg

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20/promo/att

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital