My enthusiasm is wearing off for this phone

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else? Its been teasing since August 4th, and there is still no pre-order or carrier information.

Just watched the DJI Mavic Pro get introduced - handheld drone that can fly 7 km while shooting 4k. Never owned one but now super excited, and guess what....they give pricing , pre-order today, October 15 availability date, etc etc. All done the right way. Strike while the iron is hot.

There goes $999. Sorry LG.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If LG just wants a smaller volume niche market- they got it. Way too early with their launch event, so no momentum and no real point for the launch. Factor that and limited market availability, kind of counter intuitive to the goal of a company- making money.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My enthusiasm isn't wearing off, but now I'm questioning my decision to choose this over saving a few hundred dollars and getting the Moto X Play since they'll probably get released at about the same time.

kryst100

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
And I'm sitting here in europe not sure if LG will even release this phone here.

But seriously, I would buy that phone over iPhone 7, and it is comparable to Note 7. Unless you're out of phone, I think it's worth waiting for V20. And if you're out of phone, there are always cheap ones as a temporary solution.

jimmy allen1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm more excited about the GoPro Karma drone and it's removable self mountable gimbal....... and I'm still just as excited as ever about the v20 but I am getting sick of waiting

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm more excited about the GoPro Karma drone and it's removable self mountable gimbal....... and I'm still just as excited as ever about the v20 but I am getting sick of waiting

Really? I was too, but the Mavic has far greater range at 4.3 miles, avoidance collision, and much smaller. I would note that I have zero use for the gimbal.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My enthusiasm isn't wearing off, but now I'm questioning my decision to choose this over saving a few hundred dollars and getting the Moto X Play since they'll probably get released at about the same time.

I really like the Moto devices they just released. I've had several Moto devices they were all great, particularly battery life. And they have the best notification system by far.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Enthusiasm is on zero right now.

Ive been weighing my options all week but I dont like making a decision until Ive seen all options. I would just hate to jump the gun and then still want the V20 when it does finally release.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else? Its been teasing since August 4th, and there is still no pre-order or carrier information.

Just watched the DJI Mavic Pro get introduced - handheld drone that can fly 7 km while shooting 4k. Never owned one but now super excited, and guess what....they give pricing , pre-order today, October 15 availability date, etc etc. All done the right way. Strike while the iron is hot.

There goes $999. Sorry LG.

Can't lose enthusiasm for something I haven't owned.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The excitement has worn off while waiting for it, but it's still in the mix for me at this point.

Gotta see what Google does next week.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You should take to evaluate your need for instant gratification. Learn to be patient and appreciate the fact you can wait for something

While I get what you're saying they did kind of announce a phone, hype it up, and then just went dead silent on a release date. Usually you announce / build hype to cause people to want the phone and can't wait to get it -- not hype it up and then be like "Okay wait here till I tell you when". ;).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't sound good. The day after putting up Oct 2nd, they have to move it back to the 17th - they must have gotten a call from LG.
Seems even worse, since that is the preorder date. Might be end of October before available beyond a few stragglers. LG logic.

Last edited: