T mobile 10-28

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I was told I wouldn't have to. Said I could get the V10 as the replacement for N7, and would give me the Jump back that I used on the N7. Which makes sense if you're basically erasing the N7 completely and making it like it never happened. Then can jump to V20. I'm on original Jump if that matters.

I'm going to try this tonight with little hope that it actually works that easily.
Let us know how it goes. I'm on JOD and my chat was yesterday before the N7 was officially discontinued. Hopefully they have a better solution today.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was told I wouldn't have to. Said I could get the V10 as the replacement for N7, and would give me the Jump back that I used on the N7. Which makes sense if you're basically erasing the N7 completely and making it like it never happened. Then can jump to V20. I'm on original Jump if that matters.

I'm going to try this tonight with little hope that it actually works that easily.
Safest method is keeping ya note 7 until preorders go live for the v20...once preorders go live...u can head to tmobile and return note 7 while they preorder that for u there..only issue you need to have an alternative device or you will be without a phone for almost 2 weeks....

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Safest method is keeping ya note 7 until preorders go live for the v20...once preorders go live...u can head to tmobile and return note 7 while they preorder that for u there..only issue you need to have an alternative device or you will be without a phone for almost 2 weeks....

I was just at tmobile, my wife and I have note 7s. She swapped hers for an s7edge, I told them I wanted the v20. I was told I could keep my phone until I receive the v20. I did not use jump for my n7, electing to pay off the last 60 or so on my still solid note 4. Granted it was a bit rushed (had to get home so my wife could leave for work), but worst case I'm on my note 4 for a week or 2. Also, as there hasn't been an official 2nd recall, I've been told I can hold onto my (already exchanged once) note 7 as long as I please, and they'de honor the return.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just finished all the options I have for getting out from my three N7's. Here's a couple of things I found out. JOD is still available but you have to ask for it. An option if you're waiting for the v20 and just want out of the phone now. Also, and take this with a grain of salt, preorders will be starting next mondat (10/17). Phone may be available earlier but no later than 10/28.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just finished all the options I have for getting out from my three N7's. Here's a couple of things I found out. JOD is still available but you have to ask for it. An option if you're waiting for the v20 and just want out of the phone now. Also, and take this with a grain of salt, preorders will be starting next mondat (10/17). Phone may be available earlier but no later than 10/28.
What options did they give you?

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just got of the phone with 3 different T-mobile stores, pre orders for the LG V20 starts on the 17th and the price for the device is 650!!!!

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Des just tweeted #staytuned about the V20. Usually that means info is coming soon.
Just also confirmed on Twitter DM that pre-orders start October 17th....so return your note 7 a couple days beforehand if you are a JUMP first or second generation customer to ensure your JUMP upgrade eligibility returns.....I'm returning my note 7 Thursday now.....wondering will online pre-ordering be available first or is it best to phone in? ????

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just also confirmed on Twitter DM that pre-orders start October 17th....so return your note 7 a couple days beforehand if you are a JUMP first or second generation customer to ensure your JUMP upgrade eligibility returns.....I'm returning my note 7 Thursday now.....wondering will online pre-ordering be available first or is it best to phone in? ????
I'm on JOD so I'm still weighing my options on how I want to proceed until the 28th.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how it goes. I'm on JOD and my chat was yesterday before the N7 was officially discontinued. Hopefully they have a better solution today.

Shocked at how easily this went. Walked in and asked the manager what I should do with this phone (The Note 7) if I wanted to replace it with the V20. He said that my best bet was to hold on to the Note 7 and when the V20 comes in that I could swap it out. Told him that I was potentially traveling for business at the beginning of next week and he quickly said "What phone do you want until the V20 comes in?". Told him the V10. I was out of there in under 20 minutes and will go back next week for the V20 pre-order.

That's why I typically go to that store for all my phones (5 on the account - all with Jump). They are great and make things really easy.

Don't know how the V20 process will go, but the return and temporary V10 couldn't have been better.

Hope you guys have the same experience!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma