Verizon..... we what are you waiting for?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Darn, free headphones. Not that they arent nice, but a spare battery, even at 1/3 the cost, would be 100% more useful to me. Cant remember the last time i used headphones with a cellphone.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Best buy usually offers a $100 gift card, like they are doing with the Verizon Pixel XL. You can use that for a battery.
LG is giving the earphones, so I dont even consider that a gift from the carrier.

MoonShade

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with a Verizon rep in store today. He said they were told that pre-orders for the V20 would begin on the 20th. He did not know the release date though. He also said they were told they would have a working version in store around that time also.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
In an online chat with a Verizon person, they said the V20 would be available later this month.
But no date ws given to them. That was this morning.

Lateck,

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon preorder summary for the Pixel XL shows delivery on Thursday, 10-20-2016.

When I ordered my Note 7 it was also delivered on a Thursday, the day before being released in the stores.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon LG phones usually get the store pubs and some accessories a few days before and then their POS pops up with the device. Little warning, since I do not think LG vests in the marketing dollars, based on manager feedback. Apparently no big money to Verizon, no store push. Same with any retail chain- no extra profit points or money, no favorable placement or advertisement efforts.

hansjs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but buying a Pixel from Verizon could be a mistake depending on how long it takes for Verizon to release updates. Assuming you care about updates.

There was a press release the other day saying Verizon will treat the Pixel like the iPhone and release updates immediately.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon preorder summary for the Pixel XL shows delivery on Thursday, 10-20-2016.

When I ordered my Note 7 it was also delivered on a Thursday, the day before being released in the stores.

That's usual.

Android_Lapis

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with a Verizon rep in store today. He said they were told that pre-orders for the V20 would begin on the 20th. He did not know the release date though. He also said they were told they would have a working version in store around that time also.

The Verizon rep I spoke with told me that the phones would be available on the 20th for pre-orders & should be available in the stores on the 27th.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess LG did not fork over cash for placement and ads if coming out same time. That, or the Pixel is their complete focus.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm always wrong about such things but I just don't see why the average user would go for Pixel over iPhone. The V20 like the Pixel appeals to a select audience.