My last big phone

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
In all honesty I wish LG made a V20 mini. I want everything it has from removable battery, IR blaster, expandable storage, and QuadDAC but in a Galaxy S7 form factor. In fact the more I visit the T-Mobile store and hold an S7 in my hand the more I fall in love with the build and feel. But I absolutely do want everything the V20 has to offer. Depending on T-Mobile's pricing, I may keep the V10 but either this or the V20 will be my last big phone. I do like the size, especially for watching any kind of media, but my preference is definitely smaller. Anyone else feel the same way?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
In all honesty I wish LG made a V20 mini. I want everything it has from removable battery, IR blaster, expandable storage, and QuadDAC but in a Galaxy S7 form factor. In fact the more I visit the T-Mobile store and hold an S7 in my hand the more I fall in love with the build and feel. But I absolutely do want everything the V20 has to offer. Depending on T-Mobile's pricing, I may keep the V10 but either this or the V20 will be my last big phone. I do like the size, especially for watching any kind of media, but my preference is definitely smaller. Anyone else feel the same way?
Basically you want a G5 with a DAC

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Exactly but not with stripped away manual controls for video.

The G6 is right around the corner your wishes might come true. The V10 is still pretty solid...I had it for a couple of months before moving on to the G5 with the B&O DAC (with the recent price drop you can pick up both the H860N & DAC at a bargain on ebay).
I do miss the large display on the V10 & the rubber texture grip on the back.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OP, sometimes I do wonder about switching to a smaller device... But I watch too much Netflix on my device to make that happen. :p

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I may just stick around for the G6 but I think I'll get the V20 anyway that way I can have one of each. I have the Lumia 1020 as well. I don't think I need more than two phones owned(mostly for backup and sometimes to use) and maybe use the third one as a lease model like I do now.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The G6 is right around the corner your wishes might come true. The V10 is still pretty solid...I had it for a couple of months before moving on to the G5 with the B&O DAC (with the recent price drop you can pick up both the H860N & DAC at a bargain on ebay).
The G5 is in that sweet spot but the missing features and no manual control for video killed it for me. And the implementation of the removable battery just isn't practical as it is cool. Every seems to struggle getting the battery out that I've seen.

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The G5 is in that sweet spot but the missing features and no manual control for video killed it for me. And the implementation of the removable battery just isn't practical as it is cool. Every seems to struggle getting the battery out that I've seen.

Yep, you're right. The push mechanism on the button is not exactly friendly. Fortunately, they did improve it on the V20. I just pre-ordered mine. I can't wait to try out that new quad DAC chip, let's see if this bad boy can out play my DX-P1. This could be huge, if it's good enough it could replace a 700+ DAP. The G5 DAC is not far behind, but then again with each flagship they keep making the audio better...this could be something special.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
RaRa85: If I were you. I'd go for this handy 5.1" SGs7 easy to operate
with one hand instead of the V20 or Gs6 Phablets or wait for the
SGs8 by Mar-2017: Is Not that I put down the other brands

but why to Buy a device that Cost$ the same, like an iPhone
or Samsung..Make a smart decision--SeeYou! :cool:

PaulieC83

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

When do you anticipate the release of the g6? Do you think they'll push for an earlier release this time around since the g5 was such a huge flop? I'm really anxious to replace my G3 but I'm pretty limited with choices since a removable battery is very high on my list of necessities.

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When do you anticipate the release of the g6? Do you think they'll push for an earlier release this time around since the g5 was such a huge flop? I'm really anxious to replace my G3 but I'm pretty limited with choices since a removable battery is very high on my list of necessities.

An educated guess would say around April 2017. It will be more like the G5 but much more polished. As to the features they will include, it would be pure speculation at this point. I can't see them parting ways with the removable battery with the G6. I also suspect we're not too far from OLED displays on the phones :)

PaulieC83

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
An educated guess would say around April 2017. It will be more like the G5 but much more polished. As to the features they will include, it would be pure speculation at this point. I can't see them parting ways with the removable battery with the G6. I also suspect we're not too far from OLED displays on the phones :)

Yeah I was thinking a March announcement, not unlike the g5, originally. Now, since the g5 was poorly received, I almost think they would shoot for an earlier release.

I know it kinda sounds like a pipe dream and I'm grasping at straws lol but you never know! In the meantime I can't wait to get my hands on the V20 and see what this thing is really about!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That would be superb if the phone had these features! Also, of it was a tad bigger, that'd be nice. 😀

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yep, you're right. The push mechanism on the button is not exactly friendly. Fortunately, they did improve it on the V20. I just pre-ordered mine. I can't wait to try out that new quad DAC chip, let's see if this bad boy can out play my DX-P1. This could be huge, if it's good enough it could replace a 700+ DAP. The G5 DAC is not far behind, but then again with each flagship they keep making the audio better...this could be something special.
Mind blowing performance. This will not apply to 90-98% of people who purchase the V20 but this video proof that the QuadDAC is more than a gimmick. It can drive an insanely priced $1500 pair of headphones. I have a decent pair of headphones that were around 50 that I saw on Unbox Therapy. Photiv. Wired or wireless. I can't wait to plug them into the V20. Check out the video. https://youtu.be/V2ZXELmbk6g

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mind blowing performance. This will not apply to 90-98% of people who purchase the V20 but this video proof that the QuadDAC is more than a gimmick. It can drive an insanely priced $1500 pair of headphones. I have a decent pair of headphones that were around 50 that I saw on Unbox Therapy. Photiv. Wired or wireless. I can't wait to plug them into the V20. Check out the video. https://youtu.be/V2ZXELmbk6g

For 1500 dollars they better do more play music

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Lol exactly. Only real audiophiles would pay that much for headphones but really are they that amazing? I will never know.lol

Last edited:

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

The Sennheiser brand carries a lot of weight in the audio community. They have been around for ages & have some of the best sounding headphones out there. They're like the Porsche of audio community. Are they justified in selling a can of phones for such a high price?...sure, they have build the brand & reputation to do so. Are these cans that much of an improvement over their other top tier cans?....not much. If you compare the HD800S/HD800 to say the HD650/HD600 or even the HD598, the sound stage differences are so subtle, to a certain point you can easily mistake one for another. You can say the bass with the other group is a little more subdued & whatnot, but really it's a matter of personal preference + the type of music you're playing. I have the HD650s & I can't see myself ever needing to upgrade to something that costs 5x as much for a little more bass & possibly smoother treble. The HD800S do offer an extra level of clarity without the sibilant, but the sound stage is really the same with the 300 dollar grouping (HD650/HD600/HD598). The build quality for any of the cans I mentioned above is very impressive as well. I bought my HD650s almost 4-5 yrs & they still look new.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Why not look at the G5? Side by side with the V20, the specs are nearly identical and it's hundreds of dollars less. Unless you must have the audio capabilities of the V20, the G5 is probably a better buy. V20 would be perfect for someone who wants a bigger phone.

Edit: should have read replies before commenting XD