Hi everyone, I will be upgrading to a new phone by the end of this month, which was supposed to be the Samsung S7(Not the Note) but then I saw that the LG V20 is coming out Nov 5th, and I was wondering if it would be worth waiting for it, but then there is one major thing that is making me reluctant on doing so.

Last time I decided to choose the G3 instead of an S5, I ended up with a phone that stopped working one year later due to constant boot loop, now I thought it would be an isolated incident, but after warranty it happened again, it also occurred to a friend of mine who had a G4, after warranty repair, his phone stopped boot-looping but his camera stopped functioning entirely. Checking online of these issues, I see that I am not alone in this, there are a lot of threads on the context of LG G3, G4, G5 and V10 having these issues.

So finally, do you all thinking it is possible the V20 with come down with this issue? If so I would want to go through the hassle again even though its a really nice phone, the last one left me a bit sour.

Thanks all for input.
    10-14-2016 08:07 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central.

I've moved your thread to the LG V20 forum, where it will be noticed more by other members who are interested in this device.
    10-14-2016 08:50 PM
    Hi everyone, I will be upgrading to a new phone by the end of this month, which was supposed to be the Samsung S7(Not the Note) but then I saw that the LG V20 is coming out Nov 5th, and I was wondering if it would be worth waiting for it, but then there is one major thing that is making me reluctant on doing so.

Last time I decided to choose the G3 instead of an S5, I ended up with a phone that stopped working one year later due to constant boot loop, now I thought it would be an isolated incident, but after warranty it happened again, it also occurred to a friend of mine who had a G4, after warranty repair, his phone stopped boot-looping but his camera stopped functioning entirely. Checking online of these issues, I see that I am not alone in this, there are a lot of threads on the context of LG G3, G4, G5 and V10 having these issues.

So finally, do you all thinking it is possible the V20 with come down with this issue? If so I would want to go through the hassle again even though its a really nice phone, the last one left me a bit sour.

Thanks all for input.
    The G5 does not have a lot of boot loop issues
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-14-2016 09:04 PM
    Yes, the G4 had massive bootloop issues, but I'm of the opinion that every new smartphone model is likely to have some issue common to it. So in terms of reliability, it's almost a pick your poison situation.

That being the case, I don't put much thought into it unless it's a model that's been out a while. For example, would you rather risk a bootloop or a fire had the Note 7 still been an option? So now I just buy an extended warranty and call it a day. Normally extended warranties are a ripoff, but I no longer think so on phones and Verizon is only $4/mo covering the life of the device.
    10-14-2016 10:41 PM
    I have only had my LG V10 for a little less than a year and I have nothing but Great praise for it.
    I personally look forward to getting a V20.
    Have LG phones had problems, I guess so (as I have read). But I have not. So no matter what phone you buy, you roll the dice. If you are worried, do as Mooncatt said.

Lateck,
    10-14-2016 11:57 PM
    10-15-2016 12:05 AM
    10-15-2016 09:15 AM
    Options if ur not going fron note 7 to v20 if ur thinking its gonna be bootloop issues
    10-15-2016 09:28 AM
    I switched to LG from Samsung 3 years ago and I have been very happy and I have NOT had any bootloop issues or any issues. On my third phone LG G5 (with a small case on it) and very happy. I want the V20 as another upgrade is available in November.
    10-15-2016 09:56 AM
    The biggest problem may be battery life
    10-15-2016 10:50 AM
    This was the only problem with my previous V10
    10-15-2016 10:57 AM
    Did they ever make an extended battery?
    10-15-2016 10:59 AM
    With the ability to swap batteries, does it matter?
    TheMarcus likes this.
    10-15-2016 02:04 PM
    This was the only problem with my previous V10
    Nougat and a slightly bigger battery will help the V20. I think it will be an improvement.
    10-15-2016 02:11 PM
    Nougat and a slightly bigger battery will help the V20. I think it will be an improvement.
    Initial reviews show similar battery life to the V10 and slightly less than the MXPE, but what matters is ones own use compared to their own previous devices. If the user is happy- all good

Seems battery life would be a little better, but brighter LCD display. Same tech as the V10, but they increased brightness. Easy to correct lowering the brightness though.
    10-15-2016 02:27 PM
    With the ability to swap batteries, does it matter?
    Exactly. It's not an issue. It's surprising how many people don't take advantage of removable batteries. I can't use a phone without removable batteries after owning the G3 or G4. I don't like having to constantly charge my phone or monitor battery life. I like being able to go from 0% to 100% in seconds as needed.
    notacoach and vwite like this.
    10-15-2016 02:37 PM
    I have only had my LG V10 for a little less than a year and I have nothing but Great praise for it.
    I personally look forward to getting a V20.
    Have LG phones had problems, I guess so (as I have read). But I have not. So no matter what phone you buy, you roll the dice. If you are worried, do as Mooncatt said.

Lateck,
    01-26-2017 09:42 AM
    Make sure you have all you want to keep on the sd card. my V10 was the best phone I ever had, but it bootlooped and I lost everything. Some tricks posted on Youtube helped but, still working on it.
    If you notice the battery draining quickly, its a sign that it will bootloop.
    Good luck.
    01-26-2017 09:45 AM
    I just don't trust LG phones after my G2 had what I guess was the bootloop from hell. I was so mad when it bricked my phone. Never again.

I'm extremely happy with my new (2 weeks) ZTE A7, beast of a phone and can be found for $400 and possibly less. Got mine for $350.

SO many nice features for half the cost almost of the V20.
    01-26-2017 11:17 AM
    The battery on my LG V20 (AT&T) is great! Via the LG fast charger and USB-C, it charges super fast. Every night, I charge it to 100% before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning 7 hours later, it is still at 100% or at 99%. I can go 7 day time hours with minimal use at work before I need to charge it. Even when I use it a lot, the drain is very slow. I also got an extra V20 battery and the LG Battery Charging cradle (BCK-5200) to charge the second battery. Now I can go out without having to carry a power bank or a power cord. When I first bought it, I was concerned with the 3200 mAh battery having enough power to last. Thankfully, this battery is strong enough for this phone. My only complaint is the lack of a battery full indicator except some tiny battery icon on top that I cannot see clearly. So I downloaded an app (Battery Notifier) to play a sound when the phone is fully charged.
    01-26-2017 01:32 PM
    I've owned the V20 for about 3 months and so far, known no issues. The bootloop was from the G4 and V10, which used the same processing chip. The bootloop might have been from the phone overheating. The V20 definitely runs a lot cooler than previous phones. The 820 processor and USB C charging is more efficient and the phone stays much cooler (compared to the S7 I used to own). The LG G5 has been out for a year now and so far, zero reports of it bootlooping. Battery performance on the V20 is excellent (lasts well over an entire day), you just gotta tweak the apps a little bit and clear the cache once in a while. Only known issues reported is the camera glass being fragile. As long as you have a case and leave the protective film on it, it should be fine. If anything, the phone is backed by a standard 1 year warranty from LG.
    01-28-2017 12:45 PM
    The danger to the camera glass is anything hard or pointy presses up against it especially around the voids between the glass and the camera and the edges especially around the openings. The middle of the glass is more resilient but less so if remove the protective shield.
    01-28-2017 01:44 PM

Thanks all for input.
    I had the v10 and now have the v20. No issues with either
    NJ Fred likes this.
    01-29-2017 05:47 PM
    Hi there. Well, I have this weird glitch in my V20... It's flicker in the second screen when I lock the phone, it happens sometimes and at first I tried to ignore it but It's really annoying. It's like a little blinking thing.
    Something that I found too its that if I turn on the light with Quick tools on the second screen when the phone its locked and then I unlock it, a grey screen shows off and then my home screen, its like an animation bug or something.
    I already did a factory reset and a hard reset and still, so I hope is a software glitch. I'm waiting an update because I didn't find anything on the web, if someone could help me I would be really glad ):
    Btw I'm really sorry if I don't speak english very well, It's not my lenguage ):
    02-02-2017 12:27 AM