LG V20 Pros & Cons

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember if the V10 had this but you can set a time frame each day for the second screen to be off when the main screen is off. 1476938899943.jpgI seem to remember always having to manually turn it off before bed so this is convenient.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Low light and night pics look no better than the Note 4. Note 7 was scary good with low light and night pics. V20 pics for a camera touted device makes no sense with low light. How did they seem to miss this?

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Low light and night pics look no better than the Note 4. Note 7 was scary good with low light and night pics. V20 pics for a camera touted device makes no sense with low light. How did they seem to miss this?

Damn! This is just what I was afraid of and why I was flip flopping between this and the Pixel XL. Welp, at least I have 14 days to change my mind.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this based on personal results or inferred from reviews?

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick take as my girlfriend received her note 7 replacement V20 last night.

The camera shoots faster and cleaner in lower light than the V10. The front camera is much better than the V10 as well. Took shots side by side with my V10 and the V20 is easily the better option in less than ideal lighting.

The 2nd screen is definitely a bit brighter

The feel of the finger scanner / power button is very solid.

The phone feels great without a case. Seems very well built, time will tell. While I wish they would have built upon the V10 style, this V20 fits much better with current mainstream smartphone designs. It should definitely get some interest, especially from Note 7 users.

Can't wait to get mine. I was waiting to see it before deciding on this or the Pixel XL. No doubt I'd love either. I still like removable batteries (bet Samsung wishes the note 7 had this now) and the IR blaster is something I use.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick take as my girlfriend received her note 7 replacement V20 last night.

The camera shoots faster and cleaner in lower light than the V10. The front camera is much better than the V10 as well. Took shots side by side with my V10 and the V20 is easily the better option in less than ideal lighting.

The 2nd screen is definitely a bit brighter

The feel of the finger scanner / power button is very solid.

The phone feels great without a case. Seems very well built, time will tell. While I wish they would have built upon the V10 style, this V20 fits much better with current mainstream smartphone designs. It should definitely get some interest, especially from Note 7 users.

Can't wait to get mine. I was waiting to see it before deciding on this or the Pixel XL. No doubt I'd love either. I still like removable batteries (bet Samsung wishes the note 7 had this now) and the IR blaster is something I use.

Do you have to press the power button to turn the screen on, or is only a touch required?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG V20 Pros & Cons

Damn! This is just what I was afraid of and why I was flip flopping between this and the Pixel XL. Welp, at least I have 14 days to change my mind.
Should have had word "apparently" in there, since not tested myself and going by reviews. Grainy look like the Note 4 compared to N7, 7P and Pixel. Seen nothing to refute so far.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG V20 Pros & Cons

Remember there's the Knock Knock setting. I'll be using this a Lot as I keep all my phones flat on a surface facing up.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have to think too much about that. I live in San Diego... but it would be nice to have a waterproof case for underwater shooting.

Charging the battery now. The phone got quite hot during set up and downloading the apps, but then again it was like 95 degrees outside and I didn't have AC at the time.

Did you notice the phone's performance slow down at all while the phone was hot?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was never really too much of a fan of Samsung screens.. It just didn't look too realistic to me. This screen does seem better than the V10.

I used to get really bad eye strain whenever I played a game or did any reading for an hour or longer. I never got any of that with my G3 and G4. Then again, my last Amoled display with Samsung was the S3 so I'm not sure if they've magically made the screens 'less' contrast sensitive (for my eyes :p) or I believe its now adjustable from what I've been hearing so I'm not knocking their newer screens either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy