Quad DAC
Knock to wake
Camera
Design - slim bezels!

Cons
LG UI
Theme options...lack of
Notifications on second screen

Seriously, I've been really impressed with the phone so far! Most of my complaints are with the software which can easily be addressed with updates.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Pro's

Second screen
Removable battery
Expandable storage
IR
Battery life
External speaker
Fingerprint Scanner
Quad DAC
Knock to wake
Camera
Design - slim bezels!

Cons
LG UI
Theme options...lack of
Notifications on second screen

Seriously, I've been really impressed with the phone so far! Most of my complaints are with the software which can easily be addressed with updates.

What about the software don't you like? I come from a line of LG phones and their UI keeps getting better and better.. More user friendly than TouchWiz IMO.. Also did you add the app drawer?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Pro... I'm going to pick mine up shortly... FINALLY!
102e4f6525260e97aafe99ebbfac9b7c.gif

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually torn. My Pixel XL is supposed to ship Friday. Went into the store to take a look at the V20 tonight. Now I'm even more torn. Both felt great, light and snappy.

The Pixel ran very smooth. Tested speakers on both, and must say..both were pretty loud.

But doing Tech Support for Verizon, seeing the calls on G3 and G4 issues just worry me about LG. But personally, I never had an issue with my G3 or V10.

Just that the battery on the V10 was horrid.

But man! That real estate of a screen on the V20 looked great.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
What I noticed was that Package Disabler Pro is not compatible with this device. It wont load but man with all the bloatware and few apps I have installed on top of using Nova Prime, this phone is a Beast!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Con: Ordering a Verizon model from Best Buy to get the $200 BB card (They are taking my G1, so I'm doing it) and having to wait. My Note 4 is fine while waiting, but still a big con. Not sure why they have ATT and Sprint ones, but no Verizon. Perhaps Verizon are keeping all allocation for themselves for now.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Con: Ordering a Verizon model from Best Buy to get the $200 BB card (They are taking my G1, so I'm doing it) and having to wait. My Note 4 is fine while waiting, but still a big con. Not sure why they have ATT and Sprint ones, but no Verizon. Perhaps Verizon are keeping all allocation for themselves for now.
Why doesn't LG have it's own app store like Samsung? There are apps in the Samsung store that are made specifically for Samsung phones.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've found a few cons, but maybe more of a quirk/bug.

Volume notice doesn't time out. When I change the volume with the rocker, the notification stays until I tap anywhere on the screen.

No OEM calculator (Google's calculator is used instead), meaning no calculator in the Qslide function. I used that all the time on my G4. Heck, it was about the only Qslide app I used.

I'm starting to suspect OIS isn't working. My longer term camera exposures are a lot more blurred than I expected in my testing. I'm going to compare this to my G4, but I'm also not seeing the characteristic centering of the sensor/image after moving the phone with the camera app running. It may be a hardware defect in mine, but I've seen others questioning the video stability quality in their retail units on here.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've found a few cons, but maybe more of a quirk/bug.

Volume notice doesn't time out. When I change the volume with the rocker, the notification stays until I tap anywhere on the screen.

No OEM calculator (Google's calculator is used instead), meaning no calculator in the Qslide function. I used that all the time on my G4. Heck, it was about the only Qslide app I used.

I'm starting to suspect OIS isn't working. My longer term camera exposures are a lot more blurred than I expected in my testing. I'm going to compare this to my G4, but I'm also not seeing the characteristic centering of the sensor/image after moving the phone with the camera app running. It may be a hardware defect in mine, but I've seen others questioning the video stability quality in their retail units on here.

Dang. Another thing to add to why I see the second display as arbitrary. I already have Power Amp that works in the status bar, so no need for second display. I naturally assumed a calculator would be there. Frankly that is kind of dumb to not have.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Dang. Another thing to add to why I see the second display as arbitrary. I already have Power Amp that works in the status bar, so no need for second display. I naturally assumed a calculator would be there. Frankly that is kind of dumb to not have.
Let me clarify then, because yes you can put the calculator, or any app, in the shortcuts for the secondary display. The Qslide button is one of the Home touch button options, which opens select LG apps as a floating window you can work in without leaving whatever main app you're in.

c5e2c8ccf10eedf07832a95211bbd05a.jpg

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG V20 Pros & Cons

Con: the emojis. My S7e's are nice looking. These are truly an eye-sore. Is there a way to replace them with something that's not icky? Who spent time designing them and actually thought they were nice looking. Did they check? With anyone? Anywhere?

Plus: Mostly everything else. To me.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I love this phone and the only con I have is with the Camera software. It needs some updating (auto mode and EIS). Other than that it's a better phone Imo than the highly overrated Grenade 7 and crapple 7. Looking forward to the next V phone!!

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I had no idea about the Q slide button, notification button or capture that could be put at the bottom!!! Thanks for that!!! Great tip!

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
More of a quirk than a con I guess... A little awkward in taking screenshots. Holding down the fingerprint sensor and Down volume simultaneously... Like I said, more of just me getting use to.

The screen on my Nexus 6 seem to have had a bit more of a "wow" factor but no real complaints. The V20's screen is plenty bright and colorful.

Otherwise I love this phone so far. No actual cons up to this point. I'm glad I went with the V20 over the Pixel XL

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante