11-14-2016 04:18 PM
132 123 ...
tools
    Let's list the things that we love and hate about our new device.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but the speaker sounds way better and louder than the V10 I had. I hated that speaker.. so this is definitely a pro for me. Also the auto-brightness is better so far.
    Leykis, anon(903870) and Morty2264 like this.
    10-19-2016 05:43 PM
    That's really great to hear about the speaker! It was one of my major complaints about the V10. Let me know how battery life is for you.

And I already know what a con is going to be for me about the V20 and that is the lack of water resistance. I live in Washington state and we get quite a bit of rain and that was a nice feature to have on my S7 Edge. I'll probably try and find a case that has covers for the ports to use when I'm outside.
    10-19-2016 05:45 PM
    I'm glad I don't have to think too much about that. I live in San Diego... but it would be nice to have a waterproof case for underwater shooting.

Charging the battery now. The phone got quite hot during set up and downloading the apps, but then again it was like 95 degrees outside and I didn't have AC at the time.
    10-19-2016 06:09 PM
    I'm glad I don't have to think too much about that. I live in San Diego... but it would be nice to have a waterproof case for underwater shooting.

Charging the battery now. The phone got quite hot during set up and downloading the apps, but then again it was like 95 degrees outside and I didn't have AC at the time.
    I just came back from Hawaii, and everyone and there mom (including me) had one of those waterproof phone pouches. You can use your touchscreen with them and the pics turned out great. I even shot some pics underwater and they looked good.
    10-19-2016 06:22 PM
    I agree that stock auto brightness is much better. I think I'm going to skip installing Lux for now.

I fast charged while downloading apps and it got pretty warm but that's to be expected. It was still fine to hold but could feel the heat.

Saw reports that camera was slow for some people but mine seems very quick.

Second screen is much brighter and I like the increased size as well.

FPS is really really really fast and I like that all you have to do is touch it and phone unlocks and turns on.

And the phone itself is really snappy. Opening apps, app drawer, animations, etc feel much faster than the Note 7.

The Note 7 screen was hands down the best I have ever used. However I have no issues with this one. Maybe it's because I had 4 LG phones before or maybe it's just that good. Bottom line, LCD screen on V20 is not an issue, for me anyway.

I'm getting it charged up to 100% so i can start testing battery life.
    10-19-2016 07:08 PM
    I was never really too much of a fan of Samsung screens.. It just didn't look too realistic to me. This screen does seem better than the V10.
    notacoach likes this.
    10-19-2016 07:11 PM
    I agree that stock auto brightness is much better. I think I'm going to skip installing Lux for now.

I fast charged while downloading apps and it got pretty warm but that's to be expected. It was still fine to hold but could feel the heat.

Saw reports that camera was slow for some people but mine seems very quick.

Second screen is much brighter and I like the increased size as well.

FPS is really really really fast and I like that all you have to do is touch it and phone unlocks and turns on.

And the phone itself is really snappy. Opening apps, app drawer, animations, etc feel much faster than the Note 7.

The Note 7 screen was hands down the best I have ever used. However I have no issues with this one. Maybe it's because I had 4 LG phones before or maybe it's just that good. Bottom line, LCD screen on V20 is not an issue, for me anyway.

I'm getting it charged up to 100% so i can start testing battery life.
    Look at it this way too. With the LCD you have much less chance of screen burn-in, as I understand it.
    10-19-2016 07:13 PM

Yeah, that's really the only time my v20 got warm at 40C was when the CPU was 100% during my first charge - it was downloading updates and such.. From my N7 days, I'm always using Phone Info to monitor the temps - I'm actually planning to uninstall this now. hehe.
    10-19-2016 07:16 PM
    Look at it this way too. With the LCD you have much less chance of screen burn-in, as I understand it.
    In theory, yes, but technology has come far enough that burn in is mostly a non issue in most use cases.
    10-19-2016 07:18 PM
    In theory, yes, but technology has come far enough that burn in is mostly a non issue in most use cases.
    All the Samsung floor models in the T-Mobile stores where I am have crazy burn ins.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-19-2016 07:23 PM
    All the Samsung floor models in the T-Mobile stores where I am have crazy burn ins.
    Yeah, those use cases where the screen is on one image for 10-14 hours a day would definitely have issues.
    10-19-2016 07:38 PM
    Screen burn-in is only an issue for non forum members. If you're on here reading and posting you're changing your phones every 6 months or year anyway Lolol
    10-19-2016 07:46 PM
    Screen burn-in is only an issue for non forum members. If you're on here reading and posting you're changing your phones every 6 months or year anyway Lolol
    I can't confirm or deny.
    10-19-2016 08:08 PM
    Yeah, those use cases where the screen is on one image for 10-14 hours a day would definitely have issues.
    I can't speak for T-Mobile, but the Verizon demos use animated apps and even then the burn in was horrendous on the Samsung phones while the LG and HTC phones were virtually burn in free.

AMOLED's may have got better regarding burn in, but they are still way behind LCD's in that regard.
    William Nale likes this.
    10-19-2016 08:21 PM
    I'm finding out that I really like the fingerprint sensor on the back. how many times do you see the screen "on" in your backpack or pocket. the v20 never has the screen on unless you touch the button in the back. Even when you're wiping the screen, it never inadvertently turns on.
    jeslevine likes this.
    10-19-2016 08:38 PM
    They dont burst into flames.
    tadpoles and Bdgnirps like this.
    10-19-2016 09:51 PM
    My Verizon G4 is generally quite snappy navigating around the phone and through most apps. My biggest issue with it is that sometimes on WiFi, videos in video apps or through chrome seem much slower to load than if I'm on 4G. Has this been an issue for any of you guys that have the V20? I generally also have Bluetooth on all the time for my smartwatch and communication in the car. I've seen various posts around the internet that Bluetooth may interfere with internet connectivity on the G4.
    10-19-2016 09:59 PM
    My Verizon G4 is generally quite snappy navigating around the phone and through most apps. My biggest issue with it is that sometimes on WiFi, videos in video apps or through chrome seem much slower to load than if I'm on 4G. Has this been an issue for any of you guys that have the V20? I generally also have Bluetooth on all the time for my smartwatch and communication in the car. I've seen various posts around the internet that Bluetooth may interfere with internet connectivity on the G4.
    Depending on the speed of your ISP, it could be very possible to load slower compared to 4G. Wi-Fi doesn't equal fast.
    10-19-2016 10:17 PM
    My speedtests are generally faster on WiFi then on 4G. I have 30 Mbps service, which I know can be split among all my devices. Streamed video is just slower to start and has occasional pauses opposed to 4G.
    10-19-2016 10:34 PM
    GOOD - Charging cable is flat and hd quality.

BAD- cable is short

Top and bottom of phone are made from same material as helmets and meet military drop specs. Back is as aluminum so Phone is not as fragile as n7,s7 or s7e.
    10-19-2016 10:36 PM
    GOOD - Charging cable is flat and hd quality.

BAD- cable is short

Top and bottom of phone are made from same material as helmets and meet military drop specs. Back is as aluminum so Phone is not as fragile as n7,s7 or s7e.
    Yes.. The cable is pretty short..
    10-20-2016 12:34 AM
    I can't remember if the V10 had this but you can set a time frame each day for the second screen to be off when the main screen is off. LG V20 Pros & Cons-1476938899943.jpgI seem to remember always having to manually turn it off before bed so this is convenient.
    10-20-2016 12:48 AM
    Yes.. The cable is pretty short..
    My v10 was too
    10-20-2016 01:19 AM
    Do you know if you can set a time for "comfort view"?
    10-20-2016 01:30 AM
    Over 3 hours of SOT time and 510mah used of the battery.. This is way better than the V10
    10-20-2016 02:03 AM
132 123 ...