V20 Camera looking good

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't like that Google is kinda cheating(enhancing reality) with great software more so than hardware but you can't ignore the results. I still would go with the V20 for manual controls. Google did an excellent job. Going forward things are going to get really close but that manual focus peaking though. V20 FTW!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Went to ATT today to try out V20. Sorry but camera sucks in low to moderate light. Took dozens of pictures. Store far from dark. Pictures were grainy. I took some pics of text then the same text with iphone next to it. Iphone took nice clear pics. V20 grainy and hard to read especially if I enlarged image. Very disappointed.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Went to ATT today to try out V20. Sorry but camera sucks in low to moderate light. Took dozens of pictures. Store far from dark. Pictures were grainy. I took some pics of text then the same text with iphone next to it. Iphone took nice clear pics. V20 grainy and hard to read especially if I enlarged image. Very disappointed.

Really?!? My G4 took great pics in low light. I hope this isn't true.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Huh? You say the camera sucks in low to moderate light but the store was far from dark? Isn't that contradictory?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Was it auto or manual?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Camera is my #1 concern with this phone as a potential replacement for my Note 7. I went to a phone store in NY the other day and got to test the V20 vs my Note 7 and with both on auto for a bunch of shots, and N7 was better in the vast majority of shots for clarity. In fact one picture I tried taking of boxes on a shelf the V20 was blurry every time - reminded me of my old Note 4 in low light - very hit or miss. I even tried manual pix with the focus peeking (or whatever it's called with the green outlines) and the N7 still took clearer pix. Maybe HDR wasn't on or something, but hoping to see more tests before I decided to pull the trigger as I like most of what the phone brings to the table...

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Camera is my #1 concern with this phone as a potential replacement for my Note 7. I went to a phone store in NY the other day and got to test the V20 vs my Note 7 and with both on auto for a bunch of shots, and N7 was better in the vast majority of shots for clarity. In fact one picture I tried taking of boxes on a shelf the V20 was blurry every time - reminded me of my old Note 4 in low light - very hit or miss. I even tried manual pix with the focus peeking (or whatever it's called with the green outlines) and the N7 still took clearer pix. Maybe HDR wasn't on or something, but hoping to see more tests before I decided to pull the trigger as I like most of what the phone brings to the table...

Also remember that you're viewing the N7 pics on an Amoled screen which has a higher contrast than the v20's IPS display which has more muted/natural colors. Both devices should have good cameras otherwise.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Low light.
Thanks but it isn't low light. It is a picture of a light source like taking a picture of a light bulb that is on.

A picture of print indoors at night with one incandescent lamp elsewhere in the room is low light. I like pictures of text on a white page because they show graininess if there and blur or sharp focus. Best for me would be in auto mode since I will never use any other mode nor will most users. Thanks!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but it isn't low light. It is a picture of a light source like taking a picture of a light bulb that is on.

A picture of print indoors at night with one incandescent lamp elsewhere in the room is low light. I like pictures of text on a white page because they show graininess if there and blur or sharp focus. Best for me would be in auto mode since I will never use any other mode nor will most users. Thanks!

How in the world did you go to a store to test out the low light? Stores are all well lit. Also, remember that the Galaxy phones have huge contrast and saturation on the screens...

This pic is taken in a moderately dark room.. I just pointed and shot. It's not that dark but I'm pretty sure ATT didn't let you turn their lights off.

Attachments

• 6131.jpg
    6131.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 106

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2