11-04-2018 10:20 AM
1,470 12345 ...
tools
    10-25-2016 12:45 AM
    Besides the usual picture and ratio size that every phone offers, are there also other settings that can be changed and then saved for default tap and shoot pics? Why asking is can not help but notice personal tests (AT&T store) and reviews so far show tap and shoot quality inferior to the Pixel and Note 7- especially low light. I get the V20 has all kinds of manual options, but tap and shoot is the key point of convenience for a phone camera. Most photos are not toying with options beyond a few seconds, yet alone longer. Most phone camera pics are quick and done.

The irony is I am not getting a Pixel and the Note 7 is a dead. My Verizon V20 is still in BB preorder heck, but not seeing the V20 camera being stellar in regards to tap and shoot.

Added: Love the pet pics, BTW.
    10-25-2016 08:48 AM

Not to shabby on the front cam
    mirrorimage01 and EMGSM like this.
    10-25-2016 09:42 AM
    Here's a wide angle shot.
    10-25-2016 10:14 AM
    Wow, Tapatalk really kills the quality of the photos. How does everyone upload their photos directly from the PC?
    10-25-2016 10:16 AM
    Tapatalk or the V20 good subject matter terrible pics
    10-25-2016 10:20 AM
    Most likely Tapatalk to blame for lowering the quality of the pics.
    10-25-2016 10:36 AM
    Besides the usual picture and ratio size that every phone offers, are there also other settings that can be changed and then saved for default tap and shoot pics? Why asking is can not help but notice personal tests (AT&T store) and reviews so far show tap and shoot quality inferior to the Pixel and Note 7- especially low light. I get the V20 has all kinds of manual options, but tap and shoot is the key point of convenience for a phone camera. Most photos are not toying with options beyond a few seconds, yet alone longer. Most phone camera pics are quick and done.

The irony is I am not getting a Pixel and the Note 7 is a dead. My Verizon V20 is still in BB preorder heck, but not seeing the V20 camera being stellar in regards to tap and shoot.

Added: Love the pet pics, BTW.
    Not sure what to tell you, except don't fret - its a great camera, as almost every comparison I've read I've thought the V20, along with every other phone in the comparisons, had their good and bad shots. Not one review I've seen have I thought "wow, the shots from the V20 just aren't as 'stellar' as all the others..."

I've looked through the camera threads for S7, V10, and am about to post a comparison with the Pixel, and none of them are demonstrably, or even minutely, better than some of the shots I've seen on this thread, and RaRa hasn't even got his hands on it yet!

Given the other aspects I wanted like the wide angle, manual controls (which I'm still on the learning curve for), second screen, etc., I don't feel I compromised on the camera verses any other phone at all.

Hope you agree when yours comes in.
    rushmore and RaRa85 like this.
    10-25-2016 10:45 AM
    A few low light/night shots from last night.

LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f7.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f6.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f5.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f4.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f3.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f2.jpg
    LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-f1.jpg
    10-25-2016 10:51 AM
    Not sure what to tell you, except don't fret - its a great camera, as almost every comparison I've read I've thought the V20, along with every other phone in the comparisons, had their good and bad shots. Not one review I've seen have I thought "wow, the shots from the V20 just aren't as 'stellar' as all the others..."

I've looked through the camera threads for S7, V10, and am about to post a comparison with the Pixel, and none of them are demonstrably, or even minutely, better than some of the shots I've seen on this thread, and RaRa hasn't even got his hands on it yet!

Given the other aspects I wanted like the wide angle, manual controls (which I'm still on the learning curve for), second screen, etc., I don't feel I compromised on the camera verses any other phone at all.

Hope you agree when yours comes in.
    Haha thanks for the mention.lol My time is coming and I can't wait to push this baby. Also I'm waiting for Juan Bagnell's Real Camera Review from PocketNow. He has the most in depth camera reviews available. I think in auto the V20 is probably a step to a step and a half behind the S7/Pixel and that's not to say it's bad at all. The software just isn't the best for point and shoot but still great. Manual mode. Not even a question. It has everything. Can't wait.
    Osahar 87 likes this.
    10-25-2016 10:54 AM
    Haha thanks for the mention.lol My time is coming and I can't wait to push this baby. Also I'm waiting for Juan Bagnell's Real Camera Review from PocketNow. He has the most in depth camera reviews available. I think in auto the V20 is probably a step to a step and a half behind the S7/Pixel and that's not to say it's bad at all. The software just isn't the best for point and shoot but still great. Manual mode. Not even a question. It has everything. Can't wait.
    You and MrBanks in the camera thread for the V10 is what convinced me to pull the trigger on the V20, and although I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the manual controls coming from a Nexus 6, I'm pretty happy with the auto ones too.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    10-25-2016 10:57 AM
    Manual mode. Not even a question. It has everything. Can't wait.
    That makes two of us. Mine is scheduled for delivery today (assuming the FedEx guy reads the delivery instructions so I don't miss him), and I have some LED's on a string I'm itching to light paint with again.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    10-25-2016 10:59 AM
    That makes two of us. Mine is scheduled for delivery today (assuming the FedEx guy reads the delivery instructions so I don't miss him), and I have some LED's on a string I'm itching to light paint with again.
    Ooh nice.
    10-25-2016 11:09 AM
    You and MrBanks in the camera thread for the V10 is what convinced me to pull the trigger on the V20, and although I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the manual controls coming from a Nexus 6, I'm pretty happy with the auto ones too.
    That's pretty cool. Glad my pics had some influence on your new device. Can't wait to see your pictures here too.
    10-25-2016 11:10 AM
    Very cool Jer, loving our new phone!
    10-25-2016 12:16 PM
    Most likely Tapatalk to blame for lowering the quality of the pics.
    yeah, when I review my photo from tapatalk it looks horrible compared to the original. bummer.
    10-25-2016 12:23 PM
    10-25-2016 02:24 PM
    Macro of salt. (Cropped)
    Attached Thumbnails LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures-4350.jpg  
    10-25-2016 03:03 PM
    Guys I need your help here. I have the V10 and I was certainly locked to upgrade but I have some concerns about the V20 video mode. For one the same lag in video when switching from normal to ultra wide from the pre-production units seems to have made its way over into the full retail unit. Also I have mixed feelings about the OIS+EIS Steady Record 2.0 combo. I have seen some videos where it was unbelievable good and some where it was unbelievably terrible and jittery even more so than the V10. I'm thinking I should wait it out to see if LG (1)acknowledges this bug (2)issues out a software fix for the camera which LG does not have a good reputation of doing. Lastly please tell me your experience in these situations or provide some video here in the thread. I need to know how it performs mostly with walking cause panning and other smooth motions seem just fine and does the video lag when switching between normal and wide angle. I don't remember that being a thing with the G5 so I'm wondering if something went wrong. Here's a video of some pretty average shots, albeit not the best of conditions, which could've been fantastic with a little tweaking and some video. The guy is pretty enthusiastic about the V20 which is great but I'm looking at the results a little disappointed. I may just hang on to my V10.
    10-25-2016 04:03 PM
    LG should give us an option to turn off EIS. I'll shoot a video walking to see if it's smooth or not.
    10-25-2016 04:23 PM
    LG should give us an option to turn off EIS. I'll shoot a video walking to see if it's smooth or not.
    Oh yeah it is optional for sure I just want the feature to work as advertised. They hyped this up. They need to deliver. The OIS+EIS combo wasn't bad on the V10. It just cropped the frame slightly but it smoothed out video pretty well.
    10-25-2016 04:38 PM
    Guys I need your help here. I have the V10 and I was certainly locked to upgrade but I have some concerns about the V20 video mode. For one the same lag in video when switching from normal to ultra wide from the pre-production units seems to have made its way over into the full retail unit. Also I have mixed feelings about the OIS+EIS Steady Record 2.0 combo. I have seen some videos where it was unbelievable good and some where it was unbelievably terrible and jittery even more so than the V10. I'm thinking I should wait it out to see if LG (1)acknowledges this bug (2)issues out a software fix for the camera which LG does not have a good reputation of doing. Lastly please tell me your experience in these situations or provide some video here in the thread. I need to know how it performs mostly with walking cause panning and other smooth motions seem just fine and does the video lag when switching between normal and wide angle. I don't remember that being a thing with the G5 do I'm wondering if something went wrong. Here's a video of some pretty average shots, albeit not the best of conditions, which could've been fantastic with a little tweaking and some video. The guy is pretty enthusiastic about the V20 which is great but I'm looking at the results a little disappointed. I may just hang on to my V10.
    I recorded some 4k video this weekend at a wedding and it took about 1 second to switch on the fly between the normal and wide angle cameras.
    10-25-2016 04:44 PM
    Oh yeah it is optional for sure I just want the feature to work as advertised. They hyped this up. They need to deliver. The OIS+EIS combo wasn't bad on the V10. It just cropped the frame slightly but it smoothed out video pretty well.
    Oh okay. I didn't know. This is my first time using an LG V series phone. I recorded a short video and it was smooth, no jello effect at all.
    10-25-2016 04:53 PM
    Oh okay. I didn't know. This is my first time using an LG V series phone. I recorded a short video and it was smooth, no jello effect at all.
    In my experience with the V10 the regular OIS does fare better in some instances in comparison with the EIS.
    10-25-2016 05:02 PM
    I can't test mine, not sure what happened I don't normally just drop my phone in my purse but I was in a hurry today and I missed the pocket I put it in so it just went to the bottom and something punched against the back camera lens and shattered it...... I'm so sick and I'm really very protective of my phones too .....(:
    10-25-2016 10:26 PM
1,470 12345 ...