LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Gave the daily a quick wash two weeks ago and took this one in full auto/wide...

51cd762aacc5c3aa0b30a02139e3189b.jpg

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys having to use manual mode to get these awesome pictures? Waiting for my v20 to get here but can't wait to play with the camera.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys having to use manual mode to get these awesome pictures? Waiting for my v20 to get here but can't wait to play with the camera.
For most any camera using the manual mode will let you get the most out of it. Granted, that is likely more true with the V20 because the auto mode does have some drawbacks like over aggressive noise reduction and favoring a high ISO setting over a longer shutter speed in low light. This has lead to many reviews (which almost always test only the auto mode) severely docking camera performance.

In my opinion, the V series is marketed as a phone for content creators, not point and shooters. It's also why I prefer it, because I'm someone that wants the added control. Plus you can still use it as a hybrid auto/manual in manual mode by still letting it pick the exposure values. The benefit here is by saving as RAW, the camera does the heavy lifting taking the shot then you can edit the RAW as you wish and get around the noise reduction issue.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly what Mooncat said. Manual mode is very rewarding and its where you'll get your best shots once you learn the settings. If you've never played with manual settings or even a DSLR, the manual mode is an excellent learning tool being able to change everything except the aperture. It can serve as a gateway to more serious photography as well.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I've actually had several Dslr cameras including canon 30d, d7000 Nixon was my last one. I haven't owned one in a few years. But just reading all these complaints on the bad camera had me worried.

chmun77

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Manual mode for me, no doubt about that. Although it requires some time to get used to, but seeing the beautiful photos worth all the efforts. Auto mode is good if you want to do burst shots, or in a hurry to snap something. But do note that even in manual mode, there is also an "auto" setting named "AE-L". Just leave it turned off, and the adjustments will be calculated by the camera app itself. I feel that this "auto" mode produces better pictures than the true auto mode. It can also be used as a reset switch for the ISO and shutter speed settings which you have tweaked before.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Manual mode for me, no doubt about that. Although it requires some time to get used to, but seeing the beautiful photos worth all the efforts. Auto mode is good if you want to do burst shots, or in a hurry to snap something. But do note that even in manual mode, there is also an "auto" setting named "AE-L". Just leave it turned off, and the adjustments will be calculated by the camera app itself. I feel that this "auto" mode produces better pictures than the true auto mode. It can also be used as a reset switch for the ISO and shutter speed settings which you have tweaked before.
The only important thing that manual mode can't do is HDR, other than that I completely agree that manual is where you should be shooting most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair