LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Haha thanks for the mention.lol My time is coming and I can't wait to push this baby. Also I'm waiting for Juan Bagnell's Real Camera Review from PocketNow. He has the most in depth camera reviews available. I think in auto the V20 is probably a step to a step and a half behind the S7/Pixel and that's not to say it's bad at all. The software just isn't the best for point and shoot but still great. Manual mode. Not even a question. It has everything. Can't wait.

You and MrBanks in the camera thread for the V10 is what convinced me to pull the trigger on the V20, and although I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the manual controls coming from a Nexus 6, I'm pretty happy with the auto ones too.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Manual mode. Not even a question. It has everything. Can't wait.

That makes two of us. Mine is scheduled for delivery today (assuming the FedEx guy reads the delivery instructions so I don't miss him), and I have some LED's on a string I'm itching to light paint with again.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You and MrBanks in the camera thread for the V10 is what convinced me to pull the trigger on the V20, and although I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the manual controls coming from a Nexus 6, I'm pretty happy with the auto ones too.
That's pretty cool. Glad my pics had some influence on your new device. Can't wait to see your pictures here too.

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
9b334ba25f77789938df765913618d5e.jpg
a8bbdf9ccdff2dd6e6dd16bc50f3721a.jpg
b8b39c168290898f60ab361c1baf7494.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys I need your help here. I have the V10 and I was certainly locked to upgrade but I have some concerns about the V20 video mode. For one the same lag in video when switching from normal to ultra wide from the pre-production units seems to have made its way over into the full retail unit. Also I have mixed feelings about the OIS+EIS Steady Record 2.0 combo. I have seen some videos where it was unbelievable good and some where it was unbelievably terrible and jittery even more so than the V10. I'm thinking I should wait it out to see if LG (1)acknowledges this bug (2)issues out a software fix for the camera which LG does not have a good reputation of doing. Lastly please tell me your experience in these situations or provide some video here in the thread. I need to know how it performs mostly with walking cause panning and other smooth motions seem just fine and does the video lag when switching between normal and wide angle. I don't remember that being a thing with the G5 so I'm wondering if something went wrong. Here's a video of some pretty average shots, albeit not the best of conditions, which could've been fantastic with a little tweaking and some video. The guy is pretty enthusiastic about the V20 which is great but I'm looking at the results a little disappointed. I may just hang on to my V10. https://youtu.be/xs7iWL6FExo

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
LG should give us an option to turn off EIS. I'll shoot a video walking to see if it's smooth or not.
Oh yeah it is optional for sure I just want the feature to work as advertised. They hyped this up. They need to deliver. The OIS+EIS combo wasn't bad on the V10. It just cropped the frame slightly but it smoothed out video pretty well.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys I need your help here. I have the V10 and I was certainly locked to upgrade but I have some concerns about the V20 video mode. For one the same lag in video when switching from normal to ultra wide from the pre-production units seems to have made its way over into the full retail unit. Also I have mixed feelings about the OIS+EIS Steady Record 2.0 combo. I have seen some videos where it was unbelievable good and some where it was unbelievably terrible and jittery even more so than the V10. I'm thinking I should wait it out to see if LG (1)acknowledges this bug (2)issues out a software fix for the camera which LG does not have a good reputation of doing. Lastly please tell me your experience in these situations or provide some video here in the thread. I need to know how it performs mostly with walking cause panning and other smooth motions seem just fine and does the video lag when switching between normal and wide angle. I don't remember that being a thing with the G5 do I'm wondering if something went wrong. Here's a video of some pretty average shots, albeit not the best of conditions, which could've been fantastic with a little tweaking and some video. The guy is pretty enthusiastic about the V20 which is great but I'm looking at the results a little disappointed. I may just hang on to my V10. https://youtu.be/xs7iWL6FExo
I recorded some 4k video this weekend at a wedding and it took about 1 second to switch on the fly between the normal and wide angle cameras.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah it is optional for sure I just want the feature to work as advertised. They hyped this up. They need to deliver. The OIS+EIS combo wasn't bad on the V10. It just cropped the frame slightly but it smoothed out video pretty well.
Oh okay. I didn't know. This is my first time using an LG V series phone. I recorded a short video and it was smooth, no jello effect at all.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. I didn't know. This is my first time using an LG V series phone. I recorded a short video and it was smooth, no jello effect at all.
In my experience with the V10 the regular OIS does fare better in some instances in comparison with the EIS.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't test mine, not sure what happened I don't normally just drop my phone in my purse but I was in a hurry today and I missed the pocket I put it in so it just went to the bottom and something punched against the back camera lens and shattered it...... I'm so sick and I'm really very protective of my phones too .....:)

mikec2008

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
a few test shots (not sure how to rotate the pics):

Attachments

• 2016-10-25 22.53.29.jpg
    2016-10-25 22.53.29.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 70
  • 2016-10-25 15.24.35.jpg
    2016-10-25 15.24.35.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 70
  • 2016-10-25 17.25.04.jpg