Android Pay Problems

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Coming from Samsung's for the past couple of phones I'm used to using Samsung Pay. However when I set up Android Pay it doesn't seem to work at the same NFC terminal that Samsung Pay did. Has anyone else tried using Android Pay on the V20 and did it work?

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Only Samsung Note 5 and above have Samsung Pay. You have to use Android Pay. One of my disadvantages for ordering LG.

You didnt even come close to answering op question. OP is using Android pay and used samsung pay in the past, thats why he is asking if android pay generally works the same places as as sam pay did.

ramonq619

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Samsung pay uses some other tech that is not nfc which makes it work on almost every machine that uses cards. Android pay on the other hand uses nfc which not all stores have. Mostly it is big well known stores

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay uses some other tech that is not nfc which makes it work on almost every machine that uses cards. Android pay on the other hand uses nfc which not all stores have. Mostly it is big well known stores

Correct, it uses MST instead of NFC. LG had been reportedly working on their own version of MST called LG Pay for over a year now. Apparently there have been a number of setbacks.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Actually Samsung Pay uses both NFC and MST. The problem I'm having is that Android pay isn't working at some of the NFC only terminals that Samsung Pay did in the past. Weird since I was under the impression all NFC implementations were the same.

AdamsRacing33

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Coming from Samsung's for the past couple of phones I'm used to using Samsung Pay. However when I set up Android Pay it doesn't seem to work at the same NFC terminal that Samsung Pay did. Has anyone else tried using Android Pay on the V20 and did it work?

I also came from notes...lived samsung pay worked everywhere. Now i cant get this android pay to work. It worked one time at a vending machine the first dayi had phone. Samsung pay always worked at walmart..almost anywhere the cashiers would say we dont take that...uhh..yes you do..lol...but now..stupid andriod pay i cant get it to work

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried using Android pay at a terminal that had tap to pay. Would not work. I have had a hard time getting NFC mobile payments to work, on any phone.

Loved Samsung pay, that was a small con in getting the V20, the other was no wireless charging.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Did you unlock the screen?
Mine needs screen to be unlocked. Actually a great security feature. Just a thought. And NFC must be on.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Oh I've unlocked and it's worked sometimes. Contacted Google support and they say it's an issue with the chip in the card at some terminals which doesn't make much sense to me since it works on some of them and I had a friend with apple pay and a chip card loaded use it at the same terminal and it worked for him.

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I tried last night at CVS with the V20 and while both the phone and the terminal recognized my attempt, the terminal came back and said to insert card into chip reader...first for me. I've used Android Pay on my LG G3 successfully within the last few months at Petco, HomeDepot, etc. I'll have to try again next time I'm out.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried to use Android Pay on my phone this a.m. at Panera where it should work. It just kept telling me to try again. I unlocked the phone, had nfc on and data on and Wi-Fi on. Should Wi-Fi be off? Been awhile since Ive haf to use it.

That's the one thing I really miss from my S7 Edge-Samsung Pay. That worked everywhere and anywhere for me that a card slides.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Android Pay should work whether or not WiFi is on or off. I never turn off WiFi on my device, and I've used Android Pay successfully.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I used it myself today at McDonald's and it worked however it didn't work last week at the same MicDonald's. On a side note I really have to start eating better.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Sadly I have since returned the phone and went back to an s7edge but the good news is I was able to use Android pay successfully at a grocery store chain the only thing I did different was I turned Wi-Fi off I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was terminal related

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800