Cover film on back camera? (stupid question)

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to ask, but before I rip the glass off the back of the phone, did anyone's Verizon V20 have any film cover on the back lens to peel off? I didn't get a good look and i dont want to accidentally pry off the glass, but i also remember some other phones taking distorted pictures until the owner realized the film came off.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine is still on there. It is there. It's not your imagination, but the lenses and sensors are not covered.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Really? I see something that might be a layer of film, but it might belong there. I think there is a small film on the fingerprint scanner too.

Steve Tate

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I got mine this morning and there was a cover on the fingerprint sensor, but I don't see anything on the camera portion or at least my fingernail can't detect anything that looks like it should come off...

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely one on my camera (verizon). I might leave it on because if you watch the jerryrigeverything video he shows that it is somewhat easy to break the glass there and keeping the plastic on might help a little with this.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Planning to put these glass S7 camera protectors on the cameras. Should help with scratches on the lens.

2mq0ylf.jpg

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
dbrand also makes covers for the back lens. it actually covers everything but the actual two lenses, but i liked how on my g4 it gave it just enough depth that the glass wouldnt touch the surface when placed face down

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
i honestly feel like im going to rip the glass off the v20 though. is there any Verizon confirmed peel off cover?

I have the T-mobile variant myself but I can see what you mean. I left mine on but seeing how close the edge of the "protector" is to the edge of the glass around the cameras. I doubt they you could easily remove the glass around the cameras so you can remove if you so choose. I'm leaving it personally, especially since the case I use is pretty much flush with the camera bump.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I used a simple needle to get under it, and then it slid right off. That film will reduce camera quality, especially over time.

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I used a simple needle to get under it, and then it slid right off. That film will reduce camera quality, especially over time.

It has cutouts around both lenses. How would this ever reduce camera quality? Was about to remove mine when I realized this, so just let it be.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It has cutouts around both lenses. How would this ever reduce camera quality? Was about to remove mine when I realized this, so just let it be.

Was wondering the same thing. If there is a good explanation why it would maybe I'll take it off but for now I'm leaving it on lol

Irumar

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Planning to put these glass S7 camera protectors on the cameras. Should help with scratches on the lens.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2mq0ylf.jpg

I have tried the small lg v20 camera lens protectors available, but they fell off after a few days. Now I am getting the iphone 7 + camera lens cover - use 2 of them, covers cameras and most of the screen space. Also plan to use nano liquid protectors on top of them.