Received my lg v20 from verizon today!

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Im another user who ended up with the lg v20 after the note 7 fiasco. I loved that phone and have always been either a samsung or an iphone user. For android i never felt like any other android phone was as polished as the samsung phones...until now. I think this is my favorite phone so far. I thought id be disappointed in the screen after using samsungs for so long but i think i like it more! Its not as saturated but its not a bad thing and i feel like the clarity is better. The note 7 was much brighter i think but i have seen some users say this is brighter? Not sure how unless the auto brightness just isnt doing its job.

The build quality is great but probably not as good as the note 7 however i still like the design and doesnt feel like one small wrong move and the phone will be destroyed like on the samsungs.

I actually had the iphone 7 plus after the note 7 but returned it for this phone. I hated the iphone it felt slow (the animations are so long) and would crash and freeze more than any android ive had. The camera was also slow to launch. I know ios fans like to claim it doesnt but it definitely would drop frames constantly. This phone is buttery smooth and even smoother than the note 7.

A couple issues are one i feel like when putting the battery cover back on it should click more. Its hard to tell when its actually secure. It is flush though.
Also on the note 7 when i would play music on spotify or other players through bluetooth when i would turn off the car the music would stop playing. On this phone it keeps playing and is super annoying. Anyone know how to change that?

Also the autocorrect kinda sucks and thats the one good thing about the iphone. Anyone have suggestions for a better keyboard?

This phone also seems to feel bigger and harder to use with one hand than any other phablet ive used. Not sure why and i have big hands. Might just take some getting used to. I also need to get used to the interface but love it so far.

If you have any questions go ahead and fire away!

Anyone else get theirs on verizon today?

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that i think the power button feels a little "jangily" but not a big deal.

And is there anyway to add 3rd party apps to the lg smart bulletin?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just received mine today. Seems like a really cool phone. I can't wait to redeem for the earbuds on 10/26. Do we automatically get that free second phone, the Stylo or do we have to specify that we want it? I didn't see an option to do when purchasing.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How was the setup? I'm wondering if it's as easy as going from say, a Note 7 to an S7 Edge. I always just sign into google and that takes care of most that I want (the rest I set up fresh).

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
How was the setup? I'm wondering if it's as easy as going from say, a Note 7 to an S7 Edge. I always just sign into google and that takes care of most that I want (the rest I set up fresh).

If that's all you use then yeah it's the same. You just sign in with your Google account. Also it I think there is an LG app you can download on your old phone and wirelessly or Nfc transfer stuff from your old phone that way. I didn't use it though I kind of wanted to start fresh so just signed into my Google account.

How do you set default apps on here? And for the secondary screen notifications just show up for a few seconds and if u don't get to them they disappear and are only seen on the regular notification bar?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Just received mine today. Seems like a really cool phone. I can't wait to redeem for the earbuds on 10/26. Do we automatically get that free second phone, the Stylo or do we have to specify that we want it? I didn't see an option to do when purchasing.
Nothing is free when it comes to cell phone carriers

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the Stylo offer wasn't immediately active when the V20 went live, but it is now. If you want it, I'd suggest calling to see if they will give it.

BUT!

It's not free. It's $1/mo over two years and requires it to be active on a line as well. I'll get it to replace one I already have on my backup line. So for me it's only the $24. If you don't already have a line for it, then you'll have to factor in those costs when you decide whether or not to claim the offer.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the Stylo offer wasn't immediately active when the V20 went live, but it is now. If you want it, I'd suggest calling to see if they will give it.

BUT!

It's not free. It's $1/mo over two years and requires it to be active on a line as well. I'll get it to replace one I already have on my backup line. So for me it's only the $24. If you don't already have a line for it, then you'll have to factor in those costs when you decide whether or not to claim the offer.
Thanks. Think I'll forgo it.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

BUT!

You also can't just get just the Stylo. You have to have an upgrade available or add a line.

I have 5 lines, one had an upgrade which I was using for the V20. When I went to add the Stylo the system said I had to pay full price. I asked the chat rep and she could firmed it only got that price with an upgrade.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
You also can't just get just the Stylo. You have to have an upgrade available or add a line.

I have 5 lines, one had an upgrade which I was using for the V20. When I went to add the Stylo the system said I had to pay full price. I asked the chat rep and she could firmed it only got that price with an upgrade.
Oh OK. The article made it sound like you could get it for just $1 extra per month. We'll, there's always the ear buds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21