Anybody using an Android Watch?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I'm using LG Watch. I get emails and texts just fine. Though I dont use Gmail instead I use BlackBerry Hub. I still get them on my watch.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
What is a decent inexpensive watch that workswith the v20?

Also must you have service on it or will it work via Bluetooth and wifi?

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
What is a decent inexpensive watch that workswith the v20?

Also must you have service on it or will it work via Bluetooth and wifi?

What features do you want? Full smartwatch, basic notifications, LTE, etc.

Personally I'm rarely without my phone so I elect to have notifications for phone and text sent to my Fitbit.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not deeply familiar with the watches available. I've mostly looked at the Samsung Gear 2 & 3 and the LG Urbane 2. All of these can be bought with or without LTE.

Basic models rely on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to connect to a phone. LTE allows you to leave the phone at home and have calls or messages forwarded. Some watches run Android wear and others run Tinzen. Tinzen seems to get better reviews but there's a new version of Android wear slated to be released soon that may improve things.

Personally I'm considering the Samsung gear 3 when it releases next month. Its pretty big and expensive. $350ish But its pretty powerful and can run Spotify which means my phone can stay behind when I run or bike.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
What features do you want? Full smartwatch, basic notifications, LTE, etc.

Personally I'm rarely without my phone so I elect to have notifications for phone and text sent to my Fitbit.

Probably Bluetooth and wifi...not LTE. Use it for notifications and I'll keep phone with me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a gear 2 (not newer s2) that I love because of built in ir blaster and camera. Unfortunately, it only works on Samsung phones and it's why I'm still using my Note 3. A great effort was made to get it to work with LG phones but full functionality was never achieved. There is a very long thread about it in XDA.

With the v20 I will want a bluetooth only connection. I am not interested in an lte watch. Sounds like any Android watch will work equally well. I will miss my gear 2.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Urbane 2 LTE is what I have... Small list of things it does... With AT&T numbersync you can get your phone calls on your watch even when they aren't together including texts, emails. When together you get all that, audio controls, and every other notification that pops up on your phone you can get on your watch. It will open most of them, like emails, and you can usually read all of it, but only a text based version.

Bout all I can think if at this late hour.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not deeply familiar with the watches available. I've mostly looked at the Samsung Gear 2 & 3 and the LG Urbane 2. All of these can be bought with or without LTE.

Basic models rely on Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to connect to a phone. LTE allows you to leave the phone at home and have calls or messages forwarded. Some watches run Android wear and others run Tinzen. Tinzen seems to get better reviews but there's a new version of Android wear slated to be released soon that may improve things.

Personally I'm considering the Samsung gear 3 when it releases next month. Its pretty big and expensive. $350ish But its pretty powerful and can run Spotify which means my phone can stay behind when I run or bike.

Tizen only works with certain Samsung phones. So forget about LTE with the Gear. I've got a Gear S that I haven't been able to use since I traded in my Note 4 for a LG V10 (now V20).

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Tizen only works with certain Samsung phones. So forget about LTE with the Gear. I've got a Gear S that I haven't been able to use since I traded in my Note 4 for a LG V10 (now V20).

Thanks for the update! I thought Samsung released software for all android and iOS users. Glad I haven't bought anything yet.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on the Samsung Gear S3. With the added Samsung Pay it'll be my substitute device for it. Really the only thing I'm missing from my Samsung devices.
I hope I don't need a Samsung phone in order for it to work. I hope it's independent to the watch itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63