V20 Hints and Tips

KwantemMekanik

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Thread for hints and tips as we explore this new phone.

I quickly discovered that the Home screen lacked an App drawer, and icons will clutter the screen. Go to Settings - Home - select home screen then choose "Home and App Drawer"

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thread for hints and tips as we explore this new phone.

I quickly discovered that the Home screen lacked an App drawer, and icons will clutter the screen. Go to Settings - Home - select home screen then choose "Home and App Drawer"

yeah, I wanted to try it for a couple of days.. and I got used to it, but I just switched it back to normal (with an app drawer)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Settings> display> mini view

This lets converts the entire display into a virtual window that you can adjust in size and position. This is meant to help with one handed operations so you don't have to reach as far with your thumb.

Adding the home touch notification button to your bottom set of buttons also greatly increased ease of one handed use by pulling the notification shade down without having to drag from the top.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

This lets converts the entire display into a virtual window that you can adjust in size and position. This is meant to help with one handed operations so you don't have to reach as far with your thumb.

Adding the home touch notification button to your bottom set of buttons also greatly increased ease of one handed use by pulling the notification shade down without having to drag from the top.
Thank you for this tip but OMG I would not dare to even attempt using the V20 with one hand haaa !!!

Especially since I have small hands ummmmmm so I've been told wink wink

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this tip but OMG I would not dare to even attempt using the V20 with one hand haaa !!!

Especially since I have small hands ummmmmm so I've been told wink wink
Well, give it some protection and you'll get a much better grip. Unless you just like it bare and slippery.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Samsung has had this feature for years

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, give it some protection and you'll get a much better grip. Unless you just like it bare and slippery.
469022f2bc4dfd68b75249d6df689d35.gif

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else try that Developer option to "speed up your V20"? I followed the instructions to the letter and found there was a definitive lag time opening up apps. I didn't notice anything had increased in speed, so I put the settings back to where they were and everything was nice and responsive again.

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
What did you change the animation speeds to? All of mine are at .5X and the phone is indeed speedy.

Oh jeez. You know what I did? I overlooked the POINT 5. I chose 5X, why should I be surprised the phone was going so slow. LMAO

Never mind. Carry on wayward sons and daughters...

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
If someone can please let me know what I'm doing wrong with the Double Tap to wake and sleep I'd appreciate it?!

I did go into Settings, Display and turned on KnockON but the screen is still not sleeping nor waking up ugh.

I did install a Gravity screen where it sleeps if I lay it down and wakes when I pick my phone up but it'd be nice to wake it up with the Double Tap without picking it up.

Thank you in advance!

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Did it work before you installed that Gravity app? Double tap is so useful. Especially to lock, versus reaching around to the back of the phone for me.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Did it work before you installed that Gravity app? Double tap is so useful. Especially to lock, versus reaching around to the back of the phone for me.
Unfortunately it did not. I installed the Gravity app thinking it may be a work around but I still need to pick it up to wake. At least it sleeps when I lay it flat yay !

I am using Nova as a launcher so maybe that's what's causing it ?

Dunno ??
7eff5908901be945dbbe865278f67dc5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech