LG Should be proud of the V20

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
This is a great device. ...and saying that really doesn't do it justice. No phone is perfect, so they say, but I'm tickled with whatever compromises LG chose when they engineered THIS beast.

The. Screens. Are. Gorgelicious.

The phone flies.

The ES Sabre 9218 quad DAC sounds great.

The camera is great.

The battery life is great.

Its really an exciting time and I'm glad to see LG bring'n it. Right now I feel like you can peel this out of my cold, dead, crispy fingers. Thank you very much.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a great device. ...and saying that really doesn't do it justice. No phone is perfect, so they say, but I'm tickled with whatever compromises LG chose when they engineered THIS beast.

The phone flies.

The camera is great.

Its really an exciting time and I'm glad to see LG bring'n it. Right now I feel like you can peel this out of my cold, dead, crispy fingers. Thank you very much.
They should kill the Stylo and just add the stylus to the V series.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't tempt fate my friend. I said that about my Note 7 and they pretty much are. I got a v20 yesterday and I do like it. My only complaint really is the camera quality compared with the note. And the color choices on Verizon. I had blue. I love the battery life so far. And I'm tickled to have the IR blaster again.
I'd like to see the pic from the Note 7 😊

The phone flies.

The camera is great.

Last edited:

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys are giving me hope....last night I turned on my LG V20 set it up and put everything right back on my N7.....I don't know, that screen on the LG is my only gripe....I think the camera is fine it won't be a deal breaker for me. And I don't like the UI, I might change it. I do want an app drawer and I couldn't find how to set it up. Also I tried to look up my sd card storage info couldn't find it anywhere, that's when I got annoyed all over again....sigh. First world problems....lol. I'm gonna try again today, as I have 20 days to return it in case I don't like it. But soo far it's no Note but it's better than what's out there. Before I return the N7, I might buy a N5 as back up off of Ebay.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
You guys are giving me hope....last night I turned on my LG V20 set it up and put everything right back on my N7.....I don't know, that screen on the LG is my only gripe....I think the camera is fine it won't be a deal breaker for me. And I don't like the UI, I might change it. I do want an app drawer and I couldn't find how to set it up. Also I tried to look up my sd card storage info couldn't find it anywhere, that's when I got annoyed all over again....sigh. First world problems....lol. I'm gonna try again today, as I have 20 days to return it in case I don't like it. But soo far it's no Note but it's better than what's out there. Before I return the N7, I might buy a N5 as back up off of Ebay.
I have a Note 5 that I use on straight talk so I'm not completely out of the Note game. I just wanted to try something new that was supposed to be nice and "comparable". This v20 has some nice specs and I'm thinking after the learning curve is over maybe it will be great. I think it's just our particular frustrations of having to give up the Note 7. And of this being the 3rd phone I've set up in less than 2 months. Moving in sucks.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
For the app drawer, go to settings>home>and choose the 3rd option and you'll have the app drawer back.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

I use nova but if you go to settings>display>home>select home it'll give you an option for what type of home screen you want. Stock you have 3 choices: Home, easy home and home & app drawer. You can also select any 3rd party launchers there as well.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Lg did boss with the V20! Easily faster than the note 7. Was a little scared at first but to it was laggy and sluggish but after like an hour or so it fixed itself. I think it just needed to get power going

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

That's the only drawback coming from my S7 Edge is the screen isn't as bright or vibrant. I used the high contrast theme and set my brightness to almost max and it was fairly close to what I'm used to. I think the screen is still gorgeous though....and its FLAT which I love. Hated the curved screens! I know the Note 7 wasn't as pronounced but still. I think you'll like the phone and its features given some time with it!

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I've been having the toughest time figuring out what phone to get now that my Note 7 seems to be a ticking time bomb. I've ordered the OnePlus 3, Moto Z, considered the HTC 10, and the ZTE Axon 7. I was resistant to the V20 because I don't care for LCD screens (my reference point was the OnePlus One), so I thought that isn't a good reference point. But T-Mobile's $200 trade-in for any working 4G phone made me want to try it out since I'm trading in my OnePlus One and getting $200 bucks for it. I'm excited about it, but very nervous because my Note 7 screen has me so spoiled.

I canceled my OnePlus 3 order and will just have to return the Moto Z because it's already prepared for shipment. That phone was way too expensive for the compromises.

Kaelon

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Completely agree. I switched from iPhone to Android 3 years ago. (And I had been with the iPhone since launch day of the classic.) Note 3 and later Note 4 were fantastic devices with true expandable storage and removable batteries. And following the catastrophe of the Note 7, I was looking for at least a cutting edge large form factor device. Imagine my utter delight in finding the LG v20 with its top of the line specs, quad DAC, insane camera set up, and a return to removable batteries and expandable storage all in a premium metal body!

Really well done, Lucky Goldstar!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the V20 from BB to get the $200 BB credit. My Note 4 has been great after the MM update, but not enough app storage and though the low light pics have improved, they still are very weak compared to the Note 7.

Skeptical of battery life, but battery life is relative to the user. I got 5.5 hours SOT with the Note 7 and getting 5 hours with the updated Note 4. Again relative to my own use. Note 7 signal reception though was not good, but Note 4 is good.

If battery life is good, low light pics are very good and signal reception at least equal to the Note 4, should be a good Note replacement.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so since this afternoon I have been setting up my LG....this phone is way snappier than the Note 7, no lag whatsoever, will see if it keeps it up during the week. At first I thought the camera was really bad until I started using Manual Mode....if you are a "tap and shoot" person....you will hate this camera. But if you start playing with it, you will get amazing pics. I am somewhat getting using to the screen, although I love the Note 7's screen better, the LG's screen is closer to reality. I just feel the N7 screen is sharper. Overall I am very happy that I bought the LG, it takes getting used to coming from the N7 but I believe it is a flagship device. I'll see how battery life is throughout the week.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so since this afternoon I have been setting up my LG....this phone is way snappier than the Note 7, no lag whatsoever, will see if it keeps it up during the week. At first I thought the camera was really bad until I started using Manual Mode....if you are a "tap and shoot" person....you will hate this camera. But if you start playing with it, you will get amazing pics. I am somewhat getting using to the screen, although I love the Note 7's screen better, the LG's screen is closer to reality. I just feel the N7 screen is sharper. Overall I am very happy that I bought the LG, it takes getting used to coming from the N7 but I believe it is a flagship device. I'll see how battery life is throughout the week.

The camera takes a little getting used to.. You can take really good tap and shoot pics with this phone once you get a hang of it.. This was auto mode.

Attachments

• 6241.jpg
    6241.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 55

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The main point of a phone camera is tap and shoot convenience. If I want manual shots, I would use a dedicated camera with optical zoom.

Hopefully not correct about hating tap and shoot.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was pretty pleased with the tap and shoot pics I got. Truth be told I'm not on my V20 right now but on my Axon 7. I don't have any screen protection on the V20 yet so won't take it out of the house until that's corrected. This girl is not taking any chances.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835