V20 vs Pixel XL display brightness

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the displays side by side? We don't have the V20 yet in Canada so was hoping someone in the US has. The XL is brighter than the N7 and S7E but slightly less than the IP7 Plus based on my observations. Curious about the V20 though.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've seen both but not side by side. From what I've read the screen in the pixel xl is the exact same part number as the one in the s7e. And based on reviews so far, the v20 display is on par or higher with regards to nits (brightness).

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've seen both but not side by side. From what I've read the screen in the pixel xl is the exact same part number as the one in the s7e. And based on reviews so far, the v20 display is on par or higher with regards to nits (brightness).

I don't think it could be the same part # given the differences e.g. # of pixels, screen curvature etc.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it could be the same part # given the differences e.g. # of pixels, screen curvature etc.

Actually, you are correct. I had read on Anandtech that it was identical. However the iFit tear down revealed a Samsung part # AMS546KD09 which is different.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Not displat related but one major turn off for me that I learned of the pixel (beside the Bezel) is that the speaker cover above display is a cloth grid and not metal like most phones. What's up with that?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Not displat related but one major turn off for me that I learned of the pixel (beside the Bezel) is that the speaker cover above display is a cloth grid and not metal like most phones. What's up with that?
Cheap build quality...ifixit shows that they cheapened out on construction of the pixel xl too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair