They will come out with a replaceable back cover with wireless charging built in like I bought with my Note 4? I use several wireless chargers around the house and will certainly miss using that.
    Kaelon likes this.
    10-22-2016 11:53 PM
    I'm sure they will. Whether or not that will be in time before you decide to get another phone, though, that's a different story. At least there will be those 3rd party coils you can add to the current cover (just be careful which one you get, if any, those aren't the safest things to use)
    Kaelon likes this.
    10-23-2016 01:33 AM
    It's the one thing I miss so much with the V20 after owning the Note 7 and my S6 Edge+ is wireless charging UGH !!!

I've been so used to just laying them on my chargers and walking away ......... I have several at home and on my desk at work oh well !?
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:40 AM
    Wireless charging and water resistance are gonna be the things I miss. It sucks because i finally broke down and bought the wireless charging stand last month.
    10-23-2016 08:44 AM
    Not a fan of wireless charging. Runs warmer, more strain on the battery and less efficient. I can see why people like it though.

Not as much a concern though with replaceable battery.
    10-23-2016 10:00 AM
    Can't you just add a wireless charging Qi pad to the battery and make it wireless
    10-23-2016 10:55 AM
    They might come out with a wireless charging back cover.
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-23-2016 10:58 AM
    I'm sure they will. Whether or not that will be in time before you decide to get another phone, though, that's a different story. At least there will be those 3rd party coils you can add to the current cover (just be careful which one you get, if any, those aren't the safest things to use)
    I doubt they work with metal back. You need a plastic back.
    10-23-2016 11:44 AM
    I doubt they work with metal back. You need a plastic back.
    They will not work if there is a metal object between the wireless receiver coil & the wireless charger. But this is not the case as the wireless receiver coil will be outside the metal back of the V20. Only your case (should not be metallic) is between the wireless charger & the wireless receiver coil.

USB-C USB Type C Wireless Charging Charger Receiver For LG V20/G5/SE Meizu Pro 6/5 Ulefone Future Nubia Z11/Mini Type-C Adapter
    http://s.aliexpress.com/yQNfaQJZ

In fact any type C wireless receiver will work with the V20
    DC 5V/1000mA USB Type-C QI Wireless Charging Sticker Receiver For Huawei P9/ For Nexus 6P Wireless Charger USB* Receiving #2515
    http://s.aliexpress.com/MRjE3yYb

I haven't checked if these wireless receivers are available at Amazon
    10-23-2016 01:32 PM
    They will not work if there is a metal object between the wireless receiver coil & the wireless charger. But this is not the case as the wireless receiver coil will be outside the metal back of the V20. Only your case (should not be metallic) is between the wireless charger & the wireless receiver coil.

USB-C USB Type C Wireless Charging Charger Receiver For LG V20/G5/SE Meizu Pro 6/5 Ulefone Future Nubia Z11/Mini Type-C Adapter
    http://s.aliexpress.com/yQNfaQJZ

In fact any type C wireless receiver will work with the V20
    DC 5V/1000mA USB Type-C QI Wireless Charging Sticker Receiver For Huawei P9/ For Nexus 6P Wireless Charger USB* Receiving #2515
    http://s.aliexpress.com/MRjE3yYb

Posted via the Android Central App
    The metal between the coil and the battery causes no problem?
    10-23-2016 01:34 PM
    I recall seeing someone post that the phone doesn't have the pin connections for integrated wireless back options. So you'd have to get one of the universal coil stickers that plug in to the USB port.
    10-23-2016 01:58 PM
    No. If you look at the ones available on Amazon, you stick the charging coil on the outside of the rear cover and it has a USB-C plug that goes into the port on the bottom of the phone. Then you cover everything with a case.
    10-23-2016 02:12 PM
    Still have to plug and unplug. Kind of pointless.
    10-23-2016 02:15 PM
    I don't get the whole wireless charging craze. I mean, I understand the technology but it's nothing new and has been around for years. I've had it with my Nokia Lumias and my N7 & S7E. Sure, it's convenient but plugging in takes like 2 sec.

Not trying to dismiss the fact that people want the technology. Just think that if it's that important then there are other phones to choose from.
    10-23-2016 03:25 PM
    I don't get the whole wireless charging craze. I mean, I understand the technology but it's nothing new and has been around for years. I've had it with my Nokia Lumias and my N7 & S7E. Sure, it's convenient but plugging in takes like 2 sec.

Not trying to dismiss the fact that people want the technology. Just think that if it's that important then there are other phones to choose from.
    It is not important, but convenient & a plus.
    I even use a wireless coil to charge my 9.7 inches tablet.
    If the phone is charging wirelessly and I receive a call, I just lift it & take the call.
    If it is being charged by a wall charger & I receive a call, I need either unplug the phone or switch off the charger as it is dangerous to talk on a phone that is on charge.
    10-23-2016 03:47 PM
    I don't think so as the coil is isolated inside a plastic bag.
    10-23-2016 03:49 PM
    It is not important, but convenient & a plus.
    I even use a wireless coil to charge my 9.7 inches tablet.
    If the phone is charging wirelessly and I receive a call, I just lift it & take the call.
    If it is being charged by a wall charger & I receive a call, I need either unplug the phone or switch off the charger as it is dangerous to talk on a phone that is on charge.
    Why? I simultaneously talk & charge all the time in my car. Phone is plugged in and I take calls wirelessly through button on steering wheel.
    10-23-2016 03:58 PM
    I recall seeing someone post that the phone doesn't have the pin connections for integrated wireless back options. So you'd have to get one of the universal coil stickers that plug in to the USB port.
    Turning in my Note 7 for the V20 I wonder if..-v20_battery.jpg
    I just took this picture of the battery connection on my V20. There are no bare connections, so an internal coil would be a difficult prospect, though not impossible.
    10-23-2016 04:19 PM
    Why? I simultaneously talk & charge all the time in my car. Phone is plugged in and I take calls wirelessly through button on steering wheel.
    No problem when you call wirelessly. I was referring to calling with the device held against the ear & mouth and it is being plugged to wall charger. Because of risk of electrocution.
    10-23-2016 10:11 PM
    Never heard that before. I have actually done it several times
    10-23-2016 10:12 PM
    No problem when you call wirelessly. I was referring to calling with the device held against the ear & mouth and it is being plugged to wall charger. Because of risk of electrocution.
    No more dangerous than surfing the net or playing a game while plugged in, or using any other device that plugs into the wall. I think your fears are overblown and somewhat irrational. That is, unless you're unplugging the charger itself before unplugging the phone from the cable. If you're going to get electrocuted, chances are it'll happen when you pick up the phone and not when you get it to your ear.
    10-24-2016 08:04 AM