Streaming Audio / Bluetooth Issues

whealy

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday in my 2015 Golf I noticed the streaming audio was "skipping". I also noticed that it was playing small portions of the music out of order. I figured it must be the location of the Bluetooth antenna being blocked while the phone was in my pocket. I previously had this issue with an iPhone 6 and would sometimes have to adjust the phones location (putting it in my pocket upside down).

But now today i hooked it up to my 2016 Mustang and found the same issue. Additionally, this time I set the phone in the tray in front of the shiftier. So antenna access should not be an issue. And again I'm not just getting pauses, I'm actually getting musc out of order occasionally like the packets are being received in the wrong order.

I've used an iPhone for the past couple of years and am one of the Note 7 converts. Are Bluetooth issues common and "fixed" with some initial software releases. I know this used to be an issue back in the day with all the changing version stacks but I would have thought that issue would have stablized. Additinally, the Note 7 didn't have any of these issues.

Any opinions on this or anyone else experiencing it?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday in my 2015 Golf I noticed the streaming audio was "skipping". I also noticed that it was playing small portions of the music out of order. I figured it must be the location of the Bluetooth antenna being blocked while the phone was in my pocket. I previously had this issue with an iPhone 6 and would sometimes have to adjust the phones location (putting it in my pocket upside down).

But now today i hooked it up to my 2016 Mustang and found the same issue. Additionally, this time I set the phone in the tray in front of the shiftier. So antenna access should not be an issue. And again I'm not just getting pauses, I'm actually getting musc out of order occasionally like the packets are being received in the wrong order.

I've used an iPhone for the past couple of years and am one of the Note 7 converts. Are Bluetooth issues common and "fixed" with some initial software releases. I know this used to be an issue back in the day with all the changing version stacks but I would have thought that issue would have stablized. Additinally, the Note 7 didn't have any of these issues.

Any opinions on this or anyone else experiencing it?

I'm wondering if this is bug with Android 7.xx,and not V20 specific, because I'm seeing similar complaints in the Pixel forums

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this today with my 2013 Mercedes GL550. I want sure what the issue was. I'm hoping it's just a bug with Nougat. I'm getting my Pixel XL tomorrow and will confirm this.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is bug with Android 7.xx,and not V20 specific, because I'm seeing similar complaints in the Pixel forums

I can confirm using a Pixel XL that Bluetooth skipping is happening for me. So annoying to be listening to music and then suddenly had a "skip" or "stutter" in the music which totally ruins your experience. I hope this is a software bug either in Nougat or Google Play Music that will be fixed soon.

Edit: This happens using 4 different bluetooth devices that I own.

Last edited:

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'm not having issues with Bluetooth streaming my car however, there's a huge lag in audio from videos to Bluetooth. I was trying to watch YouTube videos and it was like I was watching an old Godzilla movie.

sgtd

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting. I have noticed that I get this experience in my cars. So far my wireless headphones work just fine. Thanks for sharing.

I've noticed the same; the audio skips in my vehicle (2016 F150) but not on my Bose BT headsets. Weird

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Tonight when my V20 connected with Bluetooth.I used Google play instead the lg music player .I played same music I had in am .it sounded great with Google play .no skipping or disconnecting from Bluetooth.so from now on I am using the Google player.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the same; the audio skips in my vehicle (2016 F150) but not on my Bose BT headsets. Weird

The F150 is where I ran into issues. Terribly annoying. Maybe it is a problem with Sync 3. What version of Sync 3 is your truck running (1.0, 1.1 or 2.0)? Mine has 1.0. I have tried at least 6 other phones with Sync 3 and none of them had these issues, so I assumed it was the V20.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Update: I exchanged my V20 for a new one and so far the new one does not have the audio streaming skipping problem (knock on wood).

Jason90405

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I also exchange my V20 for a new one due to the bluetooth streaming wasn't allowing track skip and music keeps on playing on the phone once my car's engine is turned off.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys are lucky. My bluetooth worked great for the first 4 days I had the phone streaming audio to my Hyundai Sonata. Then all of the sudden my bluetooth would connect but no audio. On one of my BT headsets I get the same thing calls work but no music. If I turn off call audio then everything (except calls of course) works. Turn it back on and again nothing. Factory reset my phone and it again worked but this time only for a few hours.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Hyundai Sonata as well. It doesn't work for music. Calls are good. Funny thing is I can control skips and the display will show the correct song it should be playing but I only get sound through the phone speaker.