V20 vs Pixel XL

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
GPS was just really bad on the G5, I have not tested it with my V20 yet. Lots of threads here, and on xda forums. I believe part of the G5 problem, was the antennae was in the modular piece that held the battery, just a poor design. I could be driving down the road following the map, and it would say searching for signal and all the tracking would stop on the map.

Getting a signal just walking around or in home was never a problem. Only in the car when I was moving fast. It would even lock on very fast. Just didn't hold it very well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
GPS was just really bad on the G5, I have not tested it with my V20 yet. Lots of threads here, and on xda forums. I believe part of the G5 problem, was the antennae was in the modular piece that held the battery, just a poor design. I could be driving down the road following the map, and it would say searching for signal and all the tracking would stop on the map.

Getting a signal just walking around or in home was never a problem. Only in the car when I was moving fast. It would even lock on very fast. Just didn't hold it very well.

If your GPS was bad on the G5 its because it had a defect not because it was weak. I know because I had problems and they replaced the Bluetooth/WIFi module which also affects the GPS. The G5 was spot on after that. BTW the GPS is fine on the V20 or at least mine is.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
A lot of folks are going back & forth between these two. I actually ordered a Pixel XL 128 GB from Verizon on 10/17 and cancelled last night. Today, I purchased a v20 (pre-order) from Best Buy. Although some of my reasons for cancelling that particular order had to do with Verizon, there is one issue for me that was a deal-breaker.
Weak antenna / signal strength. Not just user opinions, but there was lab testing involved. If you live in the city, you may never notice. However, for those of us in remote areas, this is a problem...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-pixel-xl/737570-pixel-xl-signal-strength.html

Noticed the same issue with both Verizon Note 7s I had. Note 4 has much better LTE reception.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually hadn't noticed that; my Note 7 seems just as good as my Note 4, maybe even a bit better... Hmmm...
No question for me the Note 4 is better. I posted about the issue early on comparing my MXPE, Note 4, Droid Maxx and sons iPhone. All had better reception than both Note 7s.

Really stands out since going back to my Note 4. Note 7 reception kind of sucked.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
No question for me the Note 4 is better. I posted about the issue early on comparing my MXPE, Note 4, Droid Maxx and sons iPhone. All had better reception than both Note 7s.

Really stands out since going back to my Note 4. Note 7 reception kind of sucked.

Perhaps this will make me cry just a bit less when I have to turn in my Super Sexy Silver Sizzler to... <gulp> FEMA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12