10-24-2016 12:07 PM
33 12
tools
    I am trying to decide between these 2 phones. The main reason I am considering the V20 is, coming from Samsung Galaxy S4 I like having expandable storage and especially like having the ability to change batteries. I have 5 and just popping in a new battery and your done is great. I know with the Pixel XL I can just carry a battery pack.

So, what is everyone's opinion? Thanks.
    10-23-2016 08:18 AM
    I have all the accessories to fix certain hardware issues... usb-c adaptor to usb "for extra storage, 2 battery pack to charge"for all my things like vita, phone, 3ds, and such", and a few others... So the only thing that hurting me on the pixel is the price point in term of similar hardware out there. 50-200 less for certain model they offer and that it only on verizon atm.

V20 I like good audio, I could use my 256sd card on it, useful second screen, ... others i cant think of atm...
    davidwilp likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:23 AM
    I'm all for stock Android. The V20 is close enough!
    I had a nexus 6 and it was great for a time until my routine changed and I was away from a charger for long periods of time. Walking around with a cord tethered to a battery pack was a pain so I switched to note 4. Now I insist on a swappable battey! I also take a lot of photos and videos so expandable storage is a must.
    So far the battery on v20 is the best on any phone I've had.
    Main reasons for me to go with v20:
    Camera, battery, storage, DAC
    davidwilp likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:28 AM
    I should have also mentioned that I am taking price out of the decision. I don't care that the XL is more.
    10-23-2016 08:31 AM
    I'm also on the fence between the two phones. I'm leaning towards the V20 because of the larger screen, microSD slot, knock on screen, and price point. I've had the LG G2 in the past and I currently have an LG G4. I think I may prefer the second Pixel XL when it comes out. Verizon's price is just more appealing too me for the V20 as I've not yet been able to convince myself that I can make 32GB work and I think 128 model is a little expensive. If the Pixel XL was 64GB for the base model I would probably choose that even though in a fan of expandable storage and replaceable batteries. I'm a dad with two young kids. I generally don't get to pick what we watch on TV, so I'm left with my phone. Streaming videos is five when I'm on WiFi, but I like the ability to download my digital copies to the phone without sacrificing all the memory.
    davidwilp likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:37 AM
    If you get the 128gb version, and don't care much about the dac or swappable battery, flip a coin.
    If I had the same choice and didn't need the battery, dac, storage, and an unlimited budget, I'd get the pixel for stock Android and amoled display
    You really have to narrow the must have features.
    To me things that are about equal : build, camera, screen, battery, even storage if u get the 128 pixel,
    I had to have the battery so the decision was easy. The quad dac is a major bonus. No more using an external dac via otg cable to get decent sound..
    Joshua_Muldoon likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:42 AM
    i did get alittle soft on getting the pixel.... but the better dac and screen size with the v20 still winning me over atm...

if i get a pixel i need the largest memory and if i get v20 i got my note 7 preorder card....
    10-23-2016 08:44 AM
    If you want the storage space, go for the V20. OTG storage does not integrate for media, can't charge while using, awkward to carry while using and easier to break the port.
    10-23-2016 08:53 AM
    I have all the accessories to fix certain hardware issues... usb-c adaptor to usb "for extra storage, 2 battery pack to charge"for all my things like vita, phone, 3ds, and such", and a few others... So the only thing that hurting me on the pixel is the price point in term of similar hardware out there. 50-200 less for certain model they offer and that it only on verizon atm.

V20 I like good audio, I could use my 256sd card on it, useful second screen, ... others i cant think of atm...
    You can get the pixle on the Google website unlocked for any carrier.
    10-23-2016 09:35 AM
    If you want the storage space, go for the V20. OTG storage does not integrate for media, can't charge while using, awkward to carry while using and easier to break the port.
    The ir blaster is the deciding feature for me.
    amyf27 and jordankreationz like this.
    10-23-2016 10:38 AM
    I kinda just found out that the V20 wouldn't support daydream so that pretty much killed it for me.
    10-23-2016 10:58 AM
    I would get the 128GB version. I really don't use my phone much for movies or music so things like DAC or more than 128GB I guess doesn't make a difference for me.
    10-23-2016 01:01 PM
    I am coming from 2 Note 7s via Moto Z Force and now S7 Edge (I did not like either).... I am also trying to compare these 2 phones.... The attraction of the V20 is the larger screen - con of LG is my Mother and oldest daughter had to get new phones when their G3 (or 4) did not even make it 2 years - motherboard problems???

Camera is extremely important to me too.... Price is NOT an issue....
    10-23-2016 03:26 PM
    That is my concern. My lg g3 died due to a failed motherboard.
    10-23-2016 03:41 PM
    A lot of folks are going back & forth between these two. I actually ordered a Pixel XL 128 GB from Verizon on 10/17 and cancelled last night. Today, I purchased a v20 (pre-order) from Best Buy. Although some of my reasons for cancelling that particular order had to do with Verizon, there is one issue for me that was a deal-breaker.
    Weak antenna / signal strength. Not just user opinions, but there was lab testing involved. If you live in the city, you may never notice. However, for those of us in remote areas, this is a problem...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-strength.html
    10-23-2016 03:48 PM
    I just retired my G3.

Played with a V20 at the T-mo store and it is amazing.

Then I heard Mel Gibson from across the store. "GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE"!!!

Then I went and bought a Pixel.

I will not be held hostage by T-mo and LG ever again.

Lack of updates, bugs with updates, finger pointing between LG and T-mo.

Time to get a big boy phone
    robber likes this.
    10-23-2016 03:49 PM
    A lot of folks are going back & forth between these two. I actually ordered a Pixel XL 128 GB from Verizon on 10/17 and cancelled last night. Today, I purchased a v20 (pre-order) from Best Buy. Although some of my reasons for cancelling that particular order had to do with Verizon, there is one issue for me that was a deal-breaker.
    Weak antenna / signal strength. Not just user opinions, but there was lab testing involved. If you live in the city, you may never notice. However, for those of us in remote areas, this is a problem...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-strength.html
    But now welcome to the LG weak GPS signal! Lol
    10-23-2016 03:57 PM
    OMG! Please tell me you're kidding!!! I can't find my way out of a paper bag without my GPS... this would be another deal-breaker for me... remote area; GPS is kind of a big deal, too...
    10-23-2016 04:09 PM
    Hey yo, SupraLB, this is completely off topic, but your profile pics are epic. Keep 'em coming lol
    10-23-2016 06:25 PM
    Where is this lab testing documentation on the V20 GPS signal?
    10-23-2016 06:29 PM
    I quoted the wrong member. Sorry SupraLB
    10-23-2016 06:32 PM
    Where is this lab testing documentation on the V20 GPS signal?
    I used my GPS yesterday and it was smooth and fast. Seems like it found me faster than my note 7 did.
    10-23-2016 08:56 PM
    GPS was just really bad on the G5, I have not tested it with my V20 yet. Lots of threads here, and on xda forums. I believe part of the G5 problem, was the antennae was in the modular piece that held the battery, just a poor design. I could be driving down the road following the map, and it would say searching for signal and all the tracking would stop on the map.

Getting a signal just walking around or in home was never a problem. Only in the car when I was moving fast. It would even lock on very fast. Just didn't hold it very well.
    10-23-2016 09:48 PM
    GPS was just really bad on the G5, I have not tested it with my V20 yet. Lots of threads here, and on xda forums. I believe part of the G5 problem, was the antennae was in the modular piece that held the battery, just a poor design. I could be driving down the road following the map, and it would say searching for signal and all the tracking would stop on the map.

Getting a signal just walking around or in home was never a problem. Only in the car when I was moving fast. It would even lock on very fast. Just didn't hold it very well.
    If your GPS was bad on the G5 its because it had a defect not because it was weak. I know because I had problems and they replaced the Bluetooth/WIFi module which also affects the GPS. The G5 was spot on after that. BTW the GPS is fine on the V20 or at least mine is.
    10-23-2016 10:05 PM
    OMG! Please tell me you're kidding!!! I can't find my way out of a paper bag without my GPS... this would be another deal-breaker for me... remote area; GPS is kind of a big deal, too...
    GPS is fine on the V20
    10-23-2016 10:08 PM
33 12