Connect to HDMI?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody find a way to attach V20 to tv hdmi input? I don't like wireless methods for a number of reasons, one being sound and picture often don't sync perfectly.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You could try USB-C to HDMI adapter. I haven't tried it because I don't have a specific need but you could always return it if it doesn't work.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I probably should have waited a month before asking. I'm really hoping to find a success story before randomly trying adapters.

whealy

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I used this one today : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2CVF6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Played well. Charging was my issue. Only lasted for the first half before the battery was dead. Was using port to do charging, but I was using an old charge block and cable with a USB-C converter on it. So that may have been the issue But when I got the warning at 10% I switched to included cable and still no charging. Will try again next week. Hope that help.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it was charging, but a net negative due to outputting to HDMI. Takes some power. Same with the Moto devices that used to have it. The device would die even with a full charge after several hours.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it was charging, but a net negative due to outputting to HDMI. Takes some power. Same with the Moto devices that used to have it. The device would die even with a full charge after several hours.
As long as I can get one movie in I'm fine with that

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while now.. Anybody get hdmi working well on your V20? If so how? Thanks!

I bought a USB-c to HDMI cable no adapter so we could see my phone on the wife's car screen. Works pretty well. Bought it from Amazon. I think it is a Cloetech

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used this one today : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2CVF6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Played well. Charging was my issue. Only lasted for the first half before the battery was dead. Was using port to do charging, but I was using an old charge block and cable with a USB-C converter on it. So that may have been the issue But when I got the warning at 10% I switched to included cable and still no charging. Will try again next week. Hope that help.
any luck?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought a charging usb c to hdmi converter on ebay. I worked great at first. Charging at 1 amp from tv usb allowed phone to be mirrored without rapidly dropping battery. For the first 30 minutes battery % never dropped nor went up but it did show as charging phone. A connection with no charging capabilities would drop at least 5 percent in a half hour. After about an hour I started having problems. Unit would just disconnect for no apparent reason or on one occasion it froze the phone screen black. I had to pull battery to restart. I don't know if the unit is at fault or Netflix because I was getting a Netflix error 0013 box popping up once in a while. Really a disappointment because it was perfect for the first 30 minutes. I must say, however, picture quality looked a little better on Miracast which is very strange. I was getting 1080p (I don't have a 4k tv) but picture looked a little darker than normal using the adapter.

I would try the Analogix slimport adapter but it is still expensive and without charging capability phone battery drops very rapidly while streaming Netflix according to all reviews.

Miracast while connected to charger may be the best solution. I just prefer a wired alternative.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anybody find a way to attach V20 to tv hdmi input? I don't like wireless methods for a number of reasons, one being sound and picture often don't sync perfectly.

The new Chromecast is actually very good, I hardly see a delay with the screen cast. They definitely have improved it so that users can play games without much delay.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I really want hdmi. Need wifi for chromcast which i do not have

There's a theory that you can set up chromecast using your Hotspot and after that you don't need WiFi. I don't know as I've never tried it.

I favor a wired connection to ensure quality video and audio. Lots of devices advertised but make sure that you have a power input or your phone will run out of gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox