Transfer from Samsung to LG

UNCMo96

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Does LG have an app like Smart Switch? My last few phones have been samsung so I've used smart switch (and before that Motorola who has their own transfer program).
My biggest focus is on pictures, call logs and SMS. Also custom ring tones.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best to start from scratch from other device and OS version. Even with Samsung same device was problematic. If contacts are a concern, Verizon as example has the ability to recover texts and contacts. Other carriers too.

You can migrate ringtones, pictures etc to an sd card.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
You can retrieve and save individual files from Smart switch to your pc and add them to a sd card for the V20. Its what I'm doing with the 256gb sd card I got with my Note 7 when I swap over the 28th.

traceyc44

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
When you are setting up your LG it asks if you'd like to import from another phone. You set it up and then just hold the phones back to back and everything transfers. Super easy. I came from the S7.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Smart Switch has been a PITA for backing up my Note 5 device. It kept getting hung up at 77 %. Anyway,l I received my LG V20 this morning and am going to stop by AT&T to activate it. I always have to set new devices up from scratch and then I just install Google Photos and my cloud storage apps. Then I'm back up to date.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's an LG app you download on your current phone and do a backup then restore it on your LG. I chose to backup to my sd card.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I switched from an S7 Edge to the V20. Everything was smooth now that Drive remembers and backs up apps and app data. I save all contacts to Google so that was easy. Pics, movies and music were saved to my SD card so that was simple. I think LG Bridge is similar to Smart Switch. I haven't used it though.