Can we stop calling the LG V20 a replacement phone?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can we please stop calling the V20 a "replacement" phone now? Most of the people that has it, now like it and are impressed.. So, can it be a standalone phone now? Haha or is it too soon?

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Many Note 7 orphans are getting it as a replacement for that which we can no longer have. It's a nice phone in its own right however. I have it as a trial.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh. Hmm, depending on how it performs and how LG supports it, I'd consider it at least a lateral if not an upgrade. Definitely its own flagship.

Kaelon

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
In my view, it is far superior to the Note 7 - unless, of course, you were looking for a stylus-driven phablet. With its removable battery, expandable storage, and premium metal design, it is what the Note 7 should have been.

Axi6Ne8us

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I replaced my V10 with the V20,.. No regrets! The phone is great and beautiful. Feels nice to the touch and not as heavy as the V10. A bit slippery, so be careful. Will be putting a clear case on soon, since I don't want to hide that Titan color. :)
Did a quick unboxing: https://youtu.be/TX7ArLNGZUw

Jzamora1978

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
4 out of 5 users are former note 7 users. Most likely will be used for the time gap between notes or whatever Samsung calls the next iteration of that line.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
This phone has me over and past the constant exchanges and aggravation that was the N7. Won't see me calling it a replacement.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How are the low light photos compared to Note 7 (if you had one)? Otherwise how are they in general? I don't like the quality of low light on the v20 so I may try the Pixel XL.

I'm gonna defer on photos because I'm a relatively terrible photographer. It's the best phone camera I've ever used, but I'd trust the experts way more than me.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
For me it will be an Upgrade! I love my V10 but I would love the faster processor.

So what replacement?

Lateck

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Imo the Note 7 was wack and overhyped. Glad I got rid of it. The camera was the only thing that impressed me.
Well, and the screen. And the spen. And the wireless charging. And Samsung pay. And the animated gif maker. Ok, nobody used the animated gif maker.

The 7 was great, but it's a memory now. The V20 has better second screen lockscreen notifications, an IR blaster, a cool screen capture app that is about as good as the spen screen capture feature, reversible capacitance buttons, removable battery, high end DACs, focus tracking, and focus peaking. And build quality is on par with the 7.

So all in all its a great replacement phone. Lol just kidding OP.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463