10-25-2016 01:23 PM
35 12
tools
    Why are LG phone reviews always condescending? I.E.
    'powerful phone, for a niche market '
    10-24-2016 03:00 PM
    Anything not Samsung or Apple may as well be considered a "niche" market in the grand scheme of things. The V20 could be the best thing out there by all metrics (even the subjective ones) and I'm sure you'd still find condescending reviews. It's just how the market seems to go.
    10-24-2016 04:00 PM
    Yeah... Samsung and Apple pretty much rules now... Any phone can be arguably better and many reviewers will find a way to say it is on the same level as Samsung and/or Apple rather than say it's better
    10-24-2016 04:03 PM
    A few years back I went from the Note 1 to the Optimus G Pro by LG a great alternative to the Note 2 which at the time I wasn't impressed by. No one heard of this phone and I believe it only came out on AT&T my carrier. Got a wireless charging case for it and loved it but almost no one had heard of it. So now I'm going from a Note 7 to the V20 so I'm happy not everyone and their brother will have one like an Iphone. But I will sure miss my Note 7.
    10-24-2016 04:08 PM
    This reminds me, I wonder how many people will mistake this for an iPhone. I remember reading that happened a lot when the G4 (I think) came out. Lol
    10-24-2016 04:33 PM
    I'm not saying this because I bought the phone but there is no doubt in my mind this is the best phone money can buy currently. I could have gotten a pixel but I did some thorough research and lg really nailed this device. The only thing I can think of people honestly complaining about is the size (which I love) but some won't. This phone is brilliantly done. Feature not gimmick rich!
    10-24-2016 04:34 PM
    Anything not Samsung or Apple may as well be considered a "niche" market in the grand scheme of things. The V20 could be the best thing out there by all metrics (even the subjective ones) and I'm sure you'd still find condescending reviews. It's just how the market seems to go.
    it's not so much that they're the market leaders, Apple and Samsung gives their customers what they want. I have a note 4 but will be getting the V20
    10-24-2016 05:43 PM
    My V20 arrives on Wednesday. I have a G5 now after coming from a Note 4 (ruined by the marshmallow update). No way would I go back to the "iWay or the Highway" iPhone.
    10-24-2016 06:03 PM
    I don't care about the masses.....
    Loving the V20.....
    Can you feel it.....?
    10-24-2016 06:14 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement.
    10-24-2016 06:21 PM
    it's not so much that they're the market leaders, Apple and Samsung gives their customers what they want. I have a note 4 but will be getting the V20
    After reading so many former Samsung users here talking about how much they are liking the V20, many even more than the N7, Sammy better be paying attention. Starting sound like the people are preferring the added features and more natural colors of the LCD screen of the V20. Ok, so the stylus was cool, but I guess the real question is how many people are willing to give up the IR blaster, better sound, natural screen colors, full manual camera controls, and of course removable battery just to get a pretty phone with a stylus? Now if LG steps up its game by making the Stylo into a flagship line, they may become the new Android block leader.

I'm not simply hating on Samsung here. This is just based on my observations from other members that have moved to the V20 and are loving it.
    10-24-2016 06:34 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with that statement.
    Let me try: "Powerful phone, even though it isn't a Samsung or iPhone that normal people are actually buying".
    10-24-2016 06:36 PM
    After reading so many former Samsung users here talking about how much they are liking the V20, many even more than the N7, Sammy better be paying attention. Starting sound like the people are preferring the added features and more natural colors of the LCD screen of the V20. Ok, so the stylus was cool, but I guess the real question is how many people are willing to give up the IR blaster, better sound, natural screen colors, full manual camera controls, and of course removable battery just to get a pretty phone with a stylus? Now if LG steps up its game by making the Stylo into a flagship line, they may become the new Android block leader.

I'm not simply hating on Samsung here. This is just based on my observations from other members that have moved to the V20 and are loving it.
    I must admit, the V20 has really opened my eyes. All I used the spen for was screen capturing and writing notes on it. This phone has that capture app that does the exact t same thing.

This phone is definitely a flagship. Dare I say, THE current flagship. In many ways I have already forgot about the Note 7. You are right.... Samsung better be paying attention. If the V30 has wireless charging and sacrifices a removable battery for water resistance.... Look out.... It will be a new world. As it is.... It's a new world now.
    10-24-2016 06:57 PM
    If the V30 has wireless charging and sacrifices a removable battery for water resistance....
    If they do that, I'll jump ship. I've tried non-removable twice before and they caused problems both times. 3 times of you count the N7 my wife had that was traded in before it had a chance to go poof. Yeah, not a fan of them by any means.
    10-24-2016 07:20 PM
    LG has had some recent missteps with the LG G4 bootloop issue and the poor execution of modularity with the G5. It does sound like the V20 is an excellent phone though.
    10-24-2016 07:36 PM
    Every oem gives their customers what they want... That's why they continue to get them... It's just how the market works, something(s) have to sell better than others
    10-24-2016 08:55 PM
    If they do that, I'll jump ship. I've tried non-removable twice before and they caused problems both times. 3 times of you count the N7 my wife had that was traded in before it had a chance to go poof. Yeah, not a fan of them by any means.
    I think if someone really wanted to they could make it removable battery and water resistant, but that would sacrifice some other things.
    10-24-2016 09:10 PM
    This reminds me, I wonder how many people will mistake this for an iPhone. I remember reading that happened a lot when the G4 (I think) came out. Lol
    Naw.... Bezels aren't big enough. Google has it beat.
    10-24-2016 09:14 PM
    I think if someone really wanted to they could make it removable battery and water resistant, but that would sacrifice some other things.
    Galaxy S5 was water resistant and had removable battery and SD card. And for the record, I hated that phone and it's stupid little rubber cap that went over the charging port.
    verks likes this.
    10-24-2016 09:18 PM
    I know I'm going to love my V20. I'm already familiar with it due to using a G5 since July. I love this phone, but I wanted the bigger screen after coming from a Note 4. No way was I buying a $600-$800 with a non replaceable battery or non expandable memory. I already know how fast and smooth the processor is, how good the camera is, and a lot of neat useful features it has. Hopefully there will be waterproof cases available for V20 before long. I have a 128gb msd card coming along with a case.
    Come on Wednesday!
    10-24-2016 09:30 PM

What natural screen colors? The V20 reviews so far state the colors are blue heavy and a color temp over 9000. The Note 7 in basic setting is far more color accurate than the V20. Per reviews and comparing the displays.

Amoled makes sense for power efficiency and VR. Still like the V20 display, but not seeing literally how the V20 display is natural.
    10-24-2016 09:31 PM
    What natural screen colors? The V20 reviews so far state the colors are blue heavy and a color temp over 9000. The Note 7 in basic setting is far more color accurate than the V20. Per reviews.

Amoled makes sense for power efficiency and VR. Still like the V20 display, but not seeing literally how the V20 display is natural.
    I love Amoled...but in reality, the naked human eye does not perceive the vibrant displays that the Note 7 offers. Try taking a pic of a pot with the Note 7, then the LG v20 and look at all three....the pot itself, the Note 7 pic and LG V20 pic. I guarantee you the LG V20 colors look almost 99% percent closer to the colors of the pot. But the Note 7 pic will give you that stunning color that you won't be able to take your eyes off....due to it's vibrancy and sharpness. I guess this how I feel between the 2. Now I took a few pics with the LG where I was able to single out itty bitty flowers on my covers (I don't know what it's called, like almost fading out the background)....that is amazing that a camera on a phone can do that, maybe others did it and I am just unaware of them but I don't think that the Note 7 was able to that.
    At the end of the days, I guess colors are truly subjective. Good discussion though.
    silverfang77 likes this.
    10-24-2016 09:58 PM
    What natural screen colors? The V20 reviews so far state the colors are blue heavy and a color temp over 9000. The Note 7 in basic setting is far more color accurate than the V20. Per reviews and comparing the displays.

I don't like the cooler/blue or darker LCD screens when viewing text against white backgrounds. Maybe the actual production models are better than the test devices used by the reviewers although my understanding is that the production screens aren't as bright as the n7 or s7e.
    10-24-2016 10:12 PM
    A few years back I went from the Note 1 to the Optimus G Pro by LG a great alternative to the Note 2 which at the time I wasn't impressed by. No one heard of this phone and I believe it only came out on AT&T my carrier. Got a wireless charging case for it and loved it but almost no one had heard of it. So now I'm going from a Note 7 to the V20 so I'm happy not everyone and their brother will have one like an Iphone. But I will sure miss my Note 7.
    That Optimus G Pro had the coolest notification light ever. Loved that phone.
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-24-2016 10:20 PM
    I had the Optimus G Pro too! Man that thing was a beast. It was the first time I ever had a screen that big (5.5 inches) or that sharp (1080p). I took some great photos and videos with it too.
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-25-2016 12:12 AM
35 12