V20 with polarized lenses - statements of fact

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let people know that this isn't a question. I am looking at my screen right now through Oakley polarized lenses and I am seeing that in portrait mode it is still extremely viewable but blue on tint... Which is weird. In landscape it is perfect without any type of distortion or changes.

This is usually important to me because I use my phone for most of my navigation needs and I wear sunglasses every day all day in the sun. I haven't yet driven with the blue tint, but knowing it works on landscape perfectly o probably won't even try, I will just stay landscape.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Could be worse, old feature phones used to be completely black with polarized glasses. I'm seeing same thing you are.

I also noticed the auto dim is a little too dim for my liking with glasses on.....sometimes

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let people know that this isn't a question. I am looking at my screen right now through Oakley polarized lenses and I am seeing that in portrait mode it is still extremely viewable but blue on tint... Which is weird. In landscape it is perfect without any type of distortion or changes.

This is usually important to me because I use my phone for most of my navigation needs and I wear sunglasses every day all day in the sun. I haven't yet driven with the blue tint, but knowing it works on landscape perfectly o probably won't even try, I will just stay landscape.

Upgrade to Oakley PRIZM lenses. I find them to be much better personally.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone screens are polarized, and crossing polarization (not having them exactly the same) is one way of creating colors. There's nothing "wrong".

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Phone screens are polarized, and crossing polarization (not having them exactly the same) is one way of creating colors. There's nothing "wrong".

I wasn't saying anything's wrong. I was just informing because it is a question I always have but never see anyone answer.