07-20-2019 10:10 AM
249 12345 ...
tools
    I just picksup my v20 2 days ago. I am half afraid now and wondering if I should return it for a different phone?

Heck I'm all out of ideas? S7e is having issues, AT&T does not sell pixel....what's left iphone?

Anybody else here thinking of returning the v20 for something else? If so what? I'm am honestly paranoid what will happen down the road when it's too late to return it!
    10-26-2016 10:28 AM
    Call me naive, but why not just slap a protective case on it?
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-26-2016 10:31 AM
    Mod Note - Let's all take a step back and relax. We aren't here to mock and talk down to people -- that isn't our thing. If you want to contribute please do so following the spirit of P.U.P.P.A.H. If you don't like the topic simply skip on to one of the many others within this section. If you do see a problem post please report it so the mods can take a look.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanks.
    Joeykool, sswitzer, EMGSM and 1 others like this.
    10-26-2016 10:36 AM
    Well said
    10-26-2016 10:42 AM
    Well said
    Ditto. Besides, the glass might sense the tension and shatter.
    sswitzer and jshah500 like this.
    10-26-2016 10:52 AM
    I have never been a fan of LG products, but was going to try the V20 because of the audio capabilities. I am with AT&T and at $830, I do not think I want to try it, with the lens issues. There are starting to be too many negatives with this phone, for me.
    10-26-2016 10:55 AM
    Case or no case
    With a case
    10-26-2016 11:39 AM
    I just picksup my v20 2 days ago. I am half afraid now and wondering if I should return it for a different phone?

Heck I'm all out of ideas? S7e is having issues, AT&T does not sell pixel....what's left iphone?

Anybody else here thinking of returning the v20 for something else? If so what? I'm am honestly paranoid what will happen down the road when it's too late to return it!
    i left the S7 Edge for my V20. I like it, but I'm not all blown away by it. Love the huge screen. And I know this camera glass issue is probably not a huge widespread issue. However it doesn't stop my brain from thinking that I need to baby it.

I am thinking if I dont fall head over heels in love, I will try the Moto Z Force, if that doesn't blow me away, go back to my S7 Edge
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-26-2016 11:56 AM
    From my history:

Droid Razr, battery problem

M8, weak USB ports

G4, bootloop issues

N7, battery problems

V20, (possibly) weak camera glass

Pick your poison folks, phones just suck for durability.
    10-26-2016 12:32 PM
    Camera issue "even though they ad for camera" > Bootloop
    10-26-2016 12:47 PM
    Guess I was lucky: NGage, Tmo Dash, G1, Droid, Incredible, Droid 3, Razr, S4, Note 4, MXPE: Zero problems until Note 7 and even then no personal problem with either I had (besides weak LTE signal, great device).

Back to Note 4 and still rocks (well, after MM update and new battery). V20 still in preorder / in progress BB lah lah land.
    10-26-2016 01:17 PM
    I'm sure screen repair shops will begin to repair this as well. I'm not too worried.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-26-2016 01:54 PM
    U guys should have a case on it..thinking about getting otterbox defense case now lol
    10-26-2016 02:16 PM
    Long exposure using the flashlight and lay the camera down on a kitchen granite counter top. I bet high chance the physics of it will make the glass crack.
    10-26-2016 02:20 PM
    Long exposure using the flashlight and lay the camera down on a kitchen granite counter top. I bet high chance the physics of it will make the glass crack.
    i know people will forget they turn on the flash light for something every so often...
    10-26-2016 02:23 PM
    Before of the flashlight. I had to take my flashlight off quick tools secondary screen. I found my flashlight on twice now with routine work activity as phone goes in and out of my pocket. Not sure how my fumbling fingers are activating the camera or if it's happening in my pocket, regardless it's not worth having it quickly avail if I am going to get a hot lense from it.
    10-26-2016 02:25 PM
    This thread has over 60 posts, and the OP is the only one who has reported a broken camera cover....
    sswitzer likes this.
    10-26-2016 02:58 PM

Don't be paranoid. Get a good case. Bad things don't always happen!
    Joeykool and tadpoles like this.
    10-26-2016 03:15 PM
    Don't be paranoid. Get a good case. Bad things don't always happen!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I got a decent case. This looks like a beast...I hope it is
    Attached Thumbnails OMG my camera lens is shattered!-4301.jpg  
    10-26-2016 03:26 PM
    Actually it is. I took it to a repair place here and he said the same thing but until they get some in he would not recommend taking it out. It still will take pictures and the wide angle seems better than the regular but if I remove the glass he said dirt may get down in there and cause problems with all working parts in the camera area.
    I also spoke with a LG Rep and even though they aren't willing to replace the phone ( which is ok with me) they are willing to work with me and repair it so now I am just waiting on a approval from corporate. I sent him pictures of mine and a few others that are experiencing the same issue so they are aware of the problem.
    10-26-2016 04:02 PM
    Actually it is. I took it to a repair place here and he said the same thing but until they get some in he would not recommend taking it out. It still will take pictures and the wide angle seems better than the regular but if I remove the glass he said dirt may get down in there and cause problems with all working parts in the camera area.
    I also spoke with a LG Rep and even though they aren't willing to replace the phone ( which is ok with me) they are willing to work with me and repair it so now I am just waiting on a approval from corporate. I sent him pictures of mine and a few others that are experiencing the same issue so they are aware of the problem.
    Please keep us posted and good luck
    10-26-2016 04:08 PM
    This thread has over 60 posts, and the OP is the only one who has reported a broken camera cover....
    There is a video on Youtube where the guy did a scratch test on the camera lens and a few seconds after the test, the camera lens shattered.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-26-2016 04:18 PM
    There is a video on Youtube where the guy did a scratch test on the camera lens and a few seconds after the test, the camera lens shattered.
    Yes I saw that earlier. Makes you believe the glass is under excessive pressure
    10-26-2016 04:33 PM
    Yes I saw that earlier. Makes you believe the glass is under excessive pressure
    Yeah, it was posted here in this forum either yesterday or the day before.
    Delirious D likes this.
    10-26-2016 04:36 PM
    I'm curious, what does a picture through a shattered lenses look like?
    10-26-2016 04:44 PM
249 12345 ...