OMG my camera lens is shattered!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone will make a tempered glass for the camera lens. Kind of scared with the large triangle cut out in the defender and I've never worried about my phones in a defender.

Agreed, hopefully someone will make a protector... And not trying to be pessimistic, but i can see the posts now, "While i was pressing down on camera lens to affix protector.....it shattered... "

And i ONLY say this becuz it is seeming that the slightest pressure is causing the shatter, so IF you do try to put any protector on lens, "be vewy, vewy careful"... (Best Elmer Fudd imitation i had ; )

BTC

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a silver and a titan V20, via AT&T. Both simply have clear TPU cases. I hope neither of them experience this. I baby them as much as I can but they do go into my purse.

stevec5375

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
U guys should have a case on it..thinking about getting otterbox defense case now lol

I've have a Note 2 in an Otterbox Defender case since 2012 and it looks brand new. I know they are bulky but I'd rather have that than a broken phone. If I get the V20 I will definitely put it in an Otterbox Defender case.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've have a Note 2 in an Otterbox Defender case since 2012 and it looks brand new. I know they are bulky but I'd rather have that than a broken phone. If I get the V20 I will definitely put it in an Otterbox Defender case.

I was looking into this case too, but they did a strange cutout for the camera and power switch. Lot of open space. I don't like it. :(

Attachments

• 5143.jpg
    5143.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 85

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would ask for a warranty exchange on it for sure! Sounds like it's a legit issue to me.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I knew it!! That was my first question about the V20 design. BIG lens and severely protruding from the back of the case.

Really stupid how all the phone designers carbon copy each other with needlessly huge camera bumps.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I knew it!! That was my first question about the V20 design. BIG lens and severely protruding from the back of the case.

Really stupid how all the phone designers carbon copy each other with needlessly huge camera bumps.

I brought this concern to light before the phone came out because of my experience with the G5. I'm really surprised that LG went with the same basic design on the V20. What I would like to know is if they put the protector on top to reduce the occurrences and if the few that failed were because the protector was removed. We know that the one the youtube test had no protector and I think someone in the forum had taken theirs off prior to breakage.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I brought this concern to light before the phone came out because of my experience with the G5. I'm really surprised that LG went with the same basic design on the V20. What I would like to know is if they put the protector on top to reduce the occurrences and if the few that failed were because the protector was removed. We know that the one the youtube test had no protector and I think someone in the forum had taken theirs off prior to breakage.

Well, if that's the case, LG should have made sure to tell us not to take those stickers off...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, if that's the case, LG should have made sure to tell us not to take those stickers off...

I don't know if that's what the purpose was or even it helps except in minor cases but I agree. I'm leaning towards them wanting it stay in place because all other protectors on this phone were obvious because of their shape that they should be removed. The protector over the lens almost looks like it should be there.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well I also have a big enough pocket on the outside of my purse and that's where it usually goes but being in a big hurry I just dropped it in my purse and didn't get it put until I got where I was going and still didn't see what had happened until later, so I have no idea what caused it and from what I am reading you don't have you be doing anything to cause it to crack but if I had caught it sooner that may be all mine would have done but something got to it.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
It's not all it's cracked up to be

Mine is not just cracked it shattered and I have to be extremely careful because if you saw the pic I posted of my lens yours be surprised too that I can still take pics. I'm don't think I can post 2 at one time but the first one is regular setting, the 2nd one is wide angle.

Attachments

• 8300.jpg
    8300.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 51

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
With all the phones I have had over the years I 've never had this happen to me but my rear camera lens is shattered! I have no idea how it happened as I have had it in a case since I took it out of the box. I have only taken 3 pictures with it previously as I haven't had a whole lot of time to even mess with it and I went to take a picture this evening and the color seemed a little washed out so I thought there might be plastic over the lens and thats when I noticed it. It is not just cracked but shattered like a windshield would do. I am sick, the only thing I can do is pay the insurance and get it replaced or maybe go to my TMobile store and see if they can help. Can a camera lens be replaced? Maybe I should have stayed with Samsung......:'( Any suggestions?
Did you the leave setting on where the second screen stays on all the time? If so, I think it's a possibility that the flashlight shortcut could've been tripped. I imagine that the light could heat up the glass if it stayed on long enough. Just a thought. That sucks though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae