OMG my camera lens is shattered!

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I would force the issue where you bought it. There is enough information now and coverage that LG would be foolish to ignore this.

Did you return yours yet? I wouldn't even open the box and send it right back. The sky could be falling or it could not. Geesh man.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'll post anywhere it will get the word out. Now I am almost positive it's a defect of the lens and not anything I did. I couldn't find anything in my purse that would cause the lens to puncture and shatter this way. Now I am not saying something didn't cause it but the lens seems "very thin and soft" which makes me believe it is a very cheap lens and it wouldn't take much to puncture it.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, I would put it in a good case, looks like this is going to get worse. I first thought I was a isolated case but now I'm not too sure. I am just glad I didn't follow through with the insurance claim. I sure hated to get into that but I din't think I had any other choice being a new phone. I too have been through 2 Note 7's, a V10 (which wasn't bad) to replace last Note 7 which was the only way I could get to the V20 because of the persistence to return the last Note 7 and pre-order the V20. I should have kept the V10. Anyone with this issue should copy all these complaints to back up the issue. I know I will be.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you return yours yet? I wouldn't even open the box and send it right back. The sky could be falling or it could not. Geesh man.

So an already corroborated issue that customers are experiencing is being put on them to pay the deductible for an obviously weak design is not a problem? If that is LG's perspective as well, the next few weeks & months will be very interesting and the two iPhone cousins (iPhone and Pixel) will reap the rewards. That in itself would profoundly suck.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
LGV20 Lens.jpg

Here is what my screen looks like. Now I think I would have had to punched it awfully hqrd to do this much damage....what do you think??????

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I didn't puncture it.And I didn't say it was a hairline scratch. It's quite evident it isn't. It's just like a windshield, it starts out as a hairline crack and grows. To me It is still a weak design and maybe something in my purse did hit it but not that hard to do that unless the lens has a flaw.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't puncture it.And I didn't say it was a hairline scratch. It's quite evident it isn't. It's just like a windshield, it starts out as a hairline crack and grows. To me It is still a weak design and maybe something in my purse did hit it but not that hard to do that unless the lens has a flaw.

Oh man that's a tough one. No way is a carrier going to belive that wasn't done from carelessness. Believe me, I am not saying your at fault , I am just saying it looks Bad. It's my kind of luck so I feel for ya. Good luck getting a replacement, hope all works out for the best.