V20 and Android Auto

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the V20 with Android Auto yet? I'd be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who's used it with Android Auto on a GM car.

I drive a 2016 Corvette, and my Nexus 6P never worked with Android Auto in my car, but my Note 5 works fine with Android Auto -- no problem at all. I'm curious about the experiences of anyone who's used (or tried to use) the V20 with Android Auto on GM's MyLink infotainment system.

Noodle95

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using the V20 with Android Auto yet? I'd be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who's used it with Android Auto on a GM car.

I drive a 2016 Corvette, and my Nexus 6P never worked with Android Auto in my car, but my Note 5 works fine with Android Auto -- no problem at all. I'm curious about the experiences of anyone who's used (or tried to use) the V20 with Android Auto on GM's MyLink infotainment system.

Hello, I am using the LG V20 with android auto on a Pioneer AVH-4100 NEX head unit, as of right now it is working relatively seamlessly. I have one small qualm with it, unlike with my LG V10, you cant bypass the safety screen that prevents you from accessing your phone while driving. While this is a good feature for safety, it prevents using any audio apps not supported by android auto e.g: soundcloud, youtube, firetube etc. . I am dissapointed that I cant bypass this currently, but for all other features such as maps, google play music, phoen calls and texting it seems to work just fine on the V20

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

NJ1193

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my V20 this weekend and it works great with Android Auto on my 2016 VW GTI. I did have a hiccup initially where it tried to go into MirrorLink - had to turn MirrorLink off in Settings and then it worked perfectly.

spun1ncali

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the V20 and it will not link up to my head unit. I have the Pioneer carplay unit. My Note 7 and S6 edge+ connected flawlessly. This phone will not...any remedies?:(

Chris Anthony1

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I just got the V20 today. As soon as I plug it into my 2016 chevy silverado's MyLink system it looks like it tries to open android auto and then crashes immediately. It also looks like notifications are causing it to close out. I get a notification that i have connected to an accessory but it goes away so quicly I'm rately able to tap it to see what it does. I also get a notification asking me to set usb options. I get about four options, including charging, file transfer, picture/video transfer, and midi device. None of these sound applicable so i just click past them. Mirror Link is off on my device, and if i turn it on, it turns off as soon as i plug in the phone. The MyLink firmware is up to date as far as i know. My S7 edge and Note 7 both worked with android auto on the system. Any suggestions for me? Thanks.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Kill the app and restarting it shouldnt be the answer while it still work for you. Factory radio/aftermarket might have firmware available for new phone with newer firmware.

zombiejerky

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Killing the app of course is not the answer, it is a work around. Spotify got back to me once again and said they are still working on it (though they have been working on it for some time, at least they get back to me).

About the firmware, I just had mine updated when the parking break software was recalled on the Honda Civic. Other people with different cars are also experiencing it with Spotify, and I don't have this problem with any other music players

Everything points to Spotify as being the problem (my problem anyway). It worked fine on both my Note4 and Note7 when I had them, it only has been happening on my V20 so I thought I would mention it.

ken11780

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I am using a v20 in my 2017 Siverado, it autolaunches when plugged into usb and works well. The only glitch I'm having is Google maps freezes occasionly but a unplug, replug bring it back to life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol