Enlarging Screen When Typing DEAR GOD ANYONE HELP!!!

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Asking again (sorry) but its driving me bonkers and im going to return the phone. When I type too fast, i dont know what triggers it or the setting but the screen enlarges to 90% where nothing is visible, I cant type, and i have to keep tapping the screen to get it back. When it takes 5 min to type a 3 line text, its maddening.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Three rapid taps zooms my HTC if it's on in settings; bombsite of that's an Android or Sense thing, but.... Try the accessibility menu in settings and see if you have "magnification gestures" on.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Also are you possibly touching a volume button. I know some phones have the volume buttons initially set for making text larger-smaller.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
yup. finally figured this out! thank you al so much. When i misspelled a word, i would tap the back erase key to fix it, so the quick repeat tapping was doing it. i kept thinking it was a glitch

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard is very small in landscape view. Is there a way to stretch it sideways without enlarging it vertically?

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used the stock keyboard but I LOVE Thumb Keyboard. You can adjust the width and height in portrait or landscape and do lots of other customizations as well! I have it to where it fits my hands perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol