Recovery

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get into recovery on these yet? I have tried everything. Everything on line says to hold the power, down and home button on boot. How in the hell do you hold the home button with the phone off. Lol. Obviously it's the wrong model. I want to clear the cache because of some wifi issues.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Volume down + power.

If that doesn't work, do that again, but when the LG logo pops up, keep holding the volume, let go of power, then press and hold power again.

If that doesn't work, when the LG logo comes up, let go of both the power and volume buttons, then press and hold them again.

That's how you access recovery on past LG phones.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get into recovery on these yet? I have tried everything. Everything on line says to hold the power, down and home button on boot. How in the hell do you hold the home button with the phone off. Lol. Obviously it's the wrong model. I want to clear the cache because of some wifi issues.

Do you have a AT&T branded phone?

I posted a question earlier on this.. and got 0 replies on it.

You used to have the phone off completely first, then push the power button and the volume down button at the same time and as soon as it boots release the power button.. But on the AT&T v10 they removed the option to get into the recovery completely..

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Volume down + power.

If that doesn't work, do that again, but when the LG logo pops up, keep holding the volume, let go of power, then press and hold power again.

If that doesn't work, when the LG logo comes up, let go of both the power and volume buttons, then press and hold them again.

Thanks. I have been trying those to no avail but my timing may be off. I am going to try a few more times. I will report back.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I got in. These instructions work for the Verizon version, so others may differ.

1. Power on as normal. You'll see the LG splash screen, followed by the Verizon welcome animation.

2. During the Verizon welcome(or other carrier/welcoming animation?), press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN*

3. While holding POWER+VOLUME DOWN, the LG splash screen reappears. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery menu appears. If you let off the buttons too soon, it'll revert to a normal boot, but you can repeat step 2 if needed to get back on track.

4. Profit!

*If step 2 isn't working or you don't have a welcome animation, this works on mine as well and could be an alternate method:

When the LG splash screen appears the first time, press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN. Keep holding them until recovery hopefully loads. In my case, doing this would load to the Verizon welcome animation, but then revert to the LG splash screen as per step 2. Then proceed to step 3.

Good luck.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I got in. These instructions work for the Verizon version, so others may differ.

1. Power on as normal. You'll see the LG splash screen, followed by the Verizon welcome animation.

2. During the Verizon welcome(or other carrier/welcoming animation?), press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN*

3. While holding POWER+VOLUME DOWN, the LG splash screen reappears. Keep holding the buttons until the recovery menu appears. If you let off the buttons too soon, it'll revert to a normal boot, but you can repeat step 2 if needed to get back on track.

4. Profit!

*If step 2 isn't working or you don't have a welcome animation, this works on mine as well and could be an alternate method:

When the LG splash screen appears the first time, press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN. Keep holding them until recovery hopefully loads. In my case, doing this would load to the Verizon welcome animation, but then revert to the LG splash screen as per step 2. Then proceed to step 3.

Good luck.

Good to know on Verizon... But we need to know about the other carriers too.. Thanks

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Volume down + power.

Power+volume down until logo release both for a second then repress resets default apps and power+volume down release power only for a sec and repress power goes to factory reset

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

4. Profit!

Good luck.
Thanks. Going to try now

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

4. Profit!

Good luck.
Thank you. That works every time. I appreciate it.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did
I tried various combos for hours before the guy above posted. I am not sure if he stumbled upon it or got help, but a Verizon Tech didn't know how either. He did a web search like we did. He thanked me and made a note when I told him (and probably took credit with all of his techie buddies,,lol)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried various combos for hours before the guy above posted. I am not sure if he stumbled upon it or got help...

I just started with the usual combos until it worked. Then I tried variations on what worked to see what steps were and were not necessary. So basically did it on my own.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I just started with the usual combos until it worked. Then I tried variations on what worked to see what steps were and were not necessary. So basically did it on my own.
Nice. Here is some interesting info. I got a replacement phone due to some issues (new replacement as I was in my 14 days) . This recovery method does not work with it. It brings up barcodes. WTH?

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I got it. Slighty different here, more like the instructions you find during search on the net. I had to power on holding the power button and the volume down button. As soon as it vibrated I released both. Then, just as was stated, at the Verizon splash screen I hit the power and volume down simultaneously and held. It rebooted to recovery. Interesting. As he stated, do not release after hitting the buttons at the splash screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz