11-04-2016 03:28 PM
42 12
tools
    Is anyone else having wifi issues? I periodically get notices that wifi has connected which tells me I am also disconnecting fir some reason. When this happens the speed is greatly reduced on the phone. If I reconnect to wifi manually full speed returns. Then awhile later the process repeats. I know it's the phone since my tablet and laptop stay connected with no loss of speed or any issues. I read that other lg phones had this issue and clearing the cache in recovery often fixed it. I can't figure out how to get into recovery. Everything I have true failed though I did get into safe mode. Another solution on line was to disable the smart networking switch. I have no idea what V20 they were using as this option does not exist anywhere in settings like they said it does. Of course the same site says use the home button with the phone off to get into recovery. That would be a nice magic trick.
    10-27-2016 10:05 AM
    I did find out how to get into recovery and clear the cache. This fixed it but only briefly. A bit later I again see the notification that I just connected to wifi and my speeds are then much slower. Again, it is definitely a phone issue. I checked my wife's phone, the tablet, and the pc and they are all connected and getting full speed. The only way to fix V20 is to reconnect to wifi which works for a bit until the cycle starts again.
    10-27-2016 06:06 PM
    How is the GPS, and Bluetooth?
    If one or both is also shabby it could be the WIFi Bluetooth module or antenna connection.
    10-27-2016 07:33 PM
    Having the same issue with wifi as well. Have to jump off then back on. Think it's a phone issue as well
    10-27-2016 07:39 PM
    Hmm. What Wi-Fi band is causing the issue? The V10 had 5ghz issues early on.

I haven't been seeing any issues yet.
    10-27-2016 07:43 PM
    How is the GPS, and Bluetooth?
    If one or both is also shabby it could be the WIFi Bluetooth module or antenna connection.
    GPS and Bluetooth seem fine so far.
    10-27-2016 08:17 PM
    The "smart" wifi switch has a lot to do with that also. It used to be default on before some backlash started. Tablets and phones have the signal set at auto still, but I've got mine on manual... usually on 5GHz.
    10-27-2016 08:25 PM
    How do you set it to annual? I read about that but couldn't find where to change it. I do have 5g
    10-27-2016 08:31 PM
    No issues with wifi Bluetooth or gps
    10-27-2016 08:33 PM
    Under the Wifi list there is a menu to refresh, name, etc.. select the advanced tab.
    In there is the wifi selection... most likely set to auto.
    Change it to the preferred option.
    10-27-2016 08:35 PM
    Annual. Lol. Manual. I do not see that anywhere on mine. That is basically what the website said. I am guessing the Avoid Bad Wifi feature is the same thing. It is off though. I suppose I could try turning it on,
    10-27-2016 08:50 PM
    Under the Wifi list there is a menu to refresh, name, etc.. select the advanced tab.
    In there is the wifi selection... most likely set to auto.
    Change it to the preferred option.
    10-27-2016 08:51 PM
    Don't turn that one on... It turns on your data when you are out of range and don't realize it. (I believe it's built to syphon money out of your phone)
    10-27-2016 08:53 PM
    Here's a screenshot.. look at the third one down... there should be something like that in the menu.
    10-27-2016 08:55 PM
    Don't turn that one on... It turns on your data when you are out of range and don't realize it. (I believe it's built to syphon money out of your phone)
    Ok. Sounds good. I actually just watched this happen. The Tapatalk notification came through. As I went to swipe it away suddenly I got s notification that I connected to my 5g wifi. I checked the speed and I am suddenly at 1/4 speed. I turned wifi off and on and bam. Full speed.
    Glass_Rain likes this.
    10-27-2016 08:57 PM
    Here's a screenshot.. look at the third one down... there should be something like that in the menu. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...504b637a4a.jpg
    That option is not on mine. Below what I posted above is just wps options and the mac address. Weird. Wonder if they moved it to developer options
    10-27-2016 09:01 PM
    That is possible... Aren't you on the new Droid OS ?
    10-27-2016 09:05 PM
    Not in developer either. I may call Verizon tomorrow. At least get a report in. I have a high speed business connection. So even at 1/4 I am still getting 30 mbps. Its just annoying that I get 150 and then it drops to that. My tablet maintains the high speed just fine.
    htcrazy likes this.
    10-27-2016 09:05 PM
    That is possible... Aren't you on the new Droid OS ?
    Yes
    10-27-2016 09:06 PM
    Good idea... Send me a note on that as well please... So if I run across that at work.
    BigRalphN likes this.
    10-27-2016 09:07 PM
    Will do
    10-27-2016 09:08 PM
    I actually see something that may be part of the issue. If I sit on the wifi screen about every 10 to 20 seconds it says SEARCHING, I do not think it should be doing this. It has to be killing the battery also.

Then again maybe its supposed to as long as you are on that screen. Now I think about it , it sort of makes sense.
    10-27-2016 09:23 PM
    Good idea... Send me a note on that as well please... So if I run across that at work.
    I called Verizon today. They said the same thing you suggested. They said to turn off smart wifi. When I informed them it wasn't in the settings they grabbed a phone and couldn't find it either. I got put on hold while the escalated it to top levels and actually called LG. After LG saying the same thing LG checked and the smart wifi option was left out of the Verizon software. It is in AT&T and other carriers. LG said it still should not do what it is doing and said it is most likely a hardware issue and Verizon should replace the phone under their 14 day guarantee. So that is what they are doing. The BS part is it costs me $40 still (taxes). I do get that back when they get this phone back but it is still $40 out of my pocket for now. Verizon also stated that while I was on hold they also discussed putting the smart wifi switch back in the software in a future update.
    Glass_Rain likes this.
    10-28-2016 12:15 PM
    At least I have another screen protector to put on the new device.
    10-28-2016 06:43 PM
    At least I have another screen protector to put on the new device.
    That protector might not reinstall well. It's not designed for multiple applications.

BTW....I believe your 14 day return windows restarts with the replacement because its treated as a new purchase.
    BigRalphN and Glass_Rain like this.
    10-28-2016 07:04 PM
42 12