Curious if these run hot at all

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just out of curiosity has anyone had any heating issues with the V20, any temperature spikes? I don't have one, I have the S7 Edge. I was curious how the V20 compares.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity has anyone had any heating issues with the V20, any temperature spikes? I don't have one, I have the S7 Edge. I was curious how the V20 compares.
Only with initial setup, and it wasn't bad.. Since then it's been great. I've had it since the 19th.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My S7 Edge I've had for 2 days. On the way to work not charging, it got to almost 108F and felt hot through the Otterbox Symmetry case

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since the 25th and lots of apps later it just mildly gets warm. Nothing AT ALL like my v10 which would randomly pick times to run hot and then if in a bad cell coverage or playing a game...fuhgetabout. Extra lava hot.

I'm actually very impressed.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It does not run at hot at all. I'm very surprised because my last two LG phones did. I suppose its the 7.0 software that cured it.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
No heat issues with the V20 one week in. Battery life is better than expected coming from (and still using on a third line) the venerable, quirky and powerful V10.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

I've been using it since monday...runs very cool

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Really depends on a lot of variables: seasonal weather temperature, indoor or outdoor use, a/c climate controls, sunlight, if it has a case on, is it in a pocket, if the screen is on, if so, brightness level, apps running etc. Then, what do you consider too warm/hot?

I use 2 apps to monitor phone temp: Battery Mix (widget with temp) and Temperature Guard free (alarm notification once a certain temperature reached). My alarm is currently set to notify me at 102°F. Usually not a problem so far.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

YES.
Ours have occasionally run a bit hot. Last night they were both running very hot while being held. We had discussed returning them for the last few days because texting requires about 3 times longer than when using Samsung phones and other inconsistencies (for instance, using the back arrow buttons are quite inconsistent). So early this morning we returned them to the AT&T store---and now we have returned to using our Samsung Note4s!

I want to add that I love the QuickNote, the Smart Bulletin, and the version of Accuweather on the LG :) :) I'm fairly certain that the negatives (for us) are due to Nougat more than to the LG user interface. (However, since I've never used an LG phone before, I'm not stating that as a fact!)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
All devices get hot at some point. How can they not? Tiny powerful chips pushing 1440p displays, plus the LTE, all in a small footprint.

Use the V20 or any other device in the sun, or warm to hot ambient temperature. As any other device, the V20 will get toasty.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
All devices get hot at some point. How can they not? Tiny powerful chips pushing 1440p displays, plus the LTE, all in a small footprint.

Use the V20 or any other device in the sun, or warm to hot ambient temperature. As any other device, the V20 will get toasty.
What do you consider toasty. Mine got to 107.6 F and felt hot through the Otterbox case. It's good now so hopefully it doesn't happen again or regularly.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The only time mine got warm was while it transferred all my files, etc., during set up. Since then, it barely gets warm during operation or charging. The battery life is at least 50% better than the V10. At least.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What do you consider toasty. Mine got to 107.6 F and felt hot through the Otterbox case. It's good now so hopefully it doesn't happen again or regularly.

If it feels hot- it's hot ;) V20 has a metal back so better to feel it hot there, since means dissipating heat.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Other than first night downloading apps and updates... Been cool!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Weeks using one and I don't think it's ever gotten hot. Only way I got it to heat up a bit was while charging and using the hotspot ... but never too warm to hold or anything like that. Normal use, no problems at all with heat.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've only had it a few days and I've had no issues with it heating up. Coming from the BlackBerry PRIV and it's Snapdragon 808 chip that always ran hot (routinely from 100° F up to 125°), this device with the Snapdragon 820 and Nougat stays in the mid to upper 80° range. This includes the initial setup and heavy app loading.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Trust me the LG v20 keeps cool the majority of the time....great thermal control on this device....I recommend this device over the s7 edge and you know I never steered you wrong Amy....

I remember my s7 edge always felt like it was just too warm with just normal browsing...sometimes too hot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke