Is there a way to change the Notification Panel color?

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I would like to make it darker. Like the rest of the high contrast setting. Or at least not quite as bright if possible. The stock themes don't seem to change it in the Verizon LG V20

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to make it darker. Like the rest of the high contrast setting. Or at least not quite as bright if possible. The stock themes don't seem to change it in the Verizon LG V20

I think there's something called smart world that has more themes. Not sure if they change that tho.

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I think there's something called smart world that has more themes. Not sure if they change that tho.

I've got Smart World. Since those themes won't change anything more than the stock V20 themes do, it won't change the notification panel. Just icons and wallpapers.

LGman072

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't think this is possible without doing a root etc. I did however find the next best solution, I think. I got a lockscreen app called "Next". That lockscreen does alter its version of the notifications. It makes the notifications background transparent, so basically your background is any color or pattern the lockscreen wallpaper is. And when you clear them there, they also clear on the regular notification panel. It has some nice extra features too.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Only changes the top. Not the notification panels themselves

I know exactly what you mean. It's the main reason I ended up sticking with the default theme on my Note 7 and S7 Edge, and probably will with this V20. The dark theme that comes with the phone looks nice but its a shame that it can't change the color of the notification sheets themselves, they clash really bad when then entire status bar/quick settings is black but the notifications are bright white.

I think it might be something that themes can not edit to ensure the text is always readable. I believe the apps assume that the notification tiles will always be white. Not sure though.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It is dark in my AT&T version with the theme added.

Just to be clear he is talking about the notifications them selves not being dark. I have the AT&T version as well, and even with either of the dark themes applied notifications are still white.

Worked the same way with themes on my Note 7, which is why I usually stuck with the stock theme, or didn't use dark ones.

Screenshot_2016-10-31-12-17-14.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad