Anybody run the V20 radio to their vehicle? I heard it's fantastic. I will give it a shot tomorrow after seeing this.

V20 FM Radio app in vehicle-1477728046935.jpg
    Kaelon likes this.
    10-29-2016 03:01 AM
    I will have to check it out
    10-29-2016 05:59 AM
    Still haven't blue toothed mine to my car. Maybe today. Beautiful day for a top down drive with some loud tunes in Texas.
    10-29-2016 09:02 AM
    I have used Bluetooth in my truck, no noticeable wow experience there, I have not not used an aux cable though. I understand we won't get the DAC benifits but it's suppose to be a good experience regardless.
    10-29-2016 10:57 AM
    Anybody run the V20 radio to their vehicle? I heard it's fantastic. I will give it a shot tomorrow after seeing this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1477728046935.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	244218
    No way it is better than built in car radio. Reception will suck.
    10-29-2016 11:01 AM
    No dilemma for us Verizon users, since ain't got no FM radio. Verizon wants us burning data FTW. For THEIR Win.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-29-2016 12:57 PM
    No dilemma for us Verizon users, since ain't got no FM radio. Verizon wants us burning data FTW. For THEIR Win.
    Maybe we need to start making noise to LG and Verizon?
    I would like to have the radio in my device useable.

Lateck,
    10-29-2016 06:09 PM
    I can't since I have a Verizon unit but my 2017 Hyundai Sonata has HD FM which I didn't even know existed. Not only does the digital signal kick in and eliminate static, I also get several versions if each FM radio station.
    10-29-2016 07:33 PM
    I can't since I have a Verizon unit but my 2017 Hyundai Sonata has HD FM which I didn't even know existed. Not only does the digital signal kick in and eliminate static, I also get several versions if each FM radio station.
    Is there any way to enable it??
    Rooting or unlocking?
    Drawbacks to that?
    11-28-2016 11:12 AM
    Maybe his car radio is so bad that the phone is better.
    11-28-2016 11:55 AM
    Why is that? Care to elaborate?
    11-29-2016 10:29 AM
    Why is that? Care to elaborate?
    FM radio in a moving car? Try it with a portable radio. Antenna of car much better.
    11-29-2016 10:59 AM
    FM radio in a moving car? Try it with a portable radio. Antenna of car much better.
    Have you tried it on a phone yet or just guessing / assuming?
    11-29-2016 11:02 AM
    I have with my old Thunderbolt which had the fm radio. OG Droid did too. I used it to listen to mlb. Reception in moving car sucked. Now if you use LTE and a radio app (not true fm radio) then it works fine. My Note 3 has no FM radio and I never tried with Note 7 when I had it. I have also tried with portable fm radio. It's ok standing still but in a moving car unless you can get the antenna outside my reception fades in and out. Because the car built in fm radio has a better antenna it should work better imo.
    11-29-2016 11:28 AM
    I have with my old Thunderbolt which had the fm radio. OG Droid did too. I used it to listen to mlb. Reception in moving car sucked. Now if you use LTE and a radio app (not true fm radio) then it works fine. My Note 3 has no FM radio and I never tried with Note 7 when I had it. I have also tried with portable fm radio. It's ok standing still but in a moving car unless you can get the antenna outside my reception fades in and out. Because the car built in fm radio has a better antenna it should work better imo.
    Ah so your experience is from old phones. .
    11-29-2016 12:04 PM
    Ah so your experience is from old phones. .
    FM radio is old tech. New phones don't have any better fm radio than old phones. They all use an inefficient headphone connection for an antenna. Good FM reception depends upon the best antenna more than the best receiver.

Car antenna is a mast outdoors or a long wire strategically placed in the window. The mast antenna works best. The wire in the window is better than a wire inside the car. If you car has an antenna (sometimes mast antennae are broken off by vandals) the car antenna is bound to be better than headphones inside the metal car.
    11-29-2016 12:21 PM
    FM radio is old tech. New phones don't have any better fm radio than old phones. They all use an inefficient headphone connection for an antenna. Good FM reception depends upon the best antenna more than the best receiver.

Car antenna is a mast outdoors or a long wire strategically placed in the window. The mast antenna works best. The wire in the window is better than a wire inside the car. If you car has an antenna (sometimes mast antennae are broken off by vandals) the car antenna is bound to be better than headphones inside the metal car.
    Yes -- the car system may be better. I didn't say it wasn't or anything of that nature. I simply asked have you tried with a phone or is your "there is no way this will work" purely a guess. It's fine to believe what you want but I wouldn't discount someone else who has actually tried it and says it works.
    11-29-2016 12:34 PM

I understand your point and the reason the FM radio can't work well in a moving car using a phone is because the headphone wire antenna like a basic dipole antenna which is very directional in nature and not well matched to the receiver. Of course some cars have very poor systems and may not work well either.
    11-29-2016 12:52 PM
    Yes -- the car system may be better. I didn't say it wasn't or anything of that nature. I simply asked have you tried with a phone or is your "there is no way this will work" purely a guess. It's fine to believe what you want but I wouldn't discount someone else who has actually tried it and says it works.
    I only said car radio works better. Yes to some degree fm radio will work in car if connected to headphones.
    11-29-2016 01:08 PM